FFSA to pay referees by EFTPOS - no cash payment by clubs

This forum is for the discussion of other football topics including Futsal, Indoor Soccer, 7-a-side, Referees and Rules of the Game

Moderator: Forum Admins

Soap Box
Apprentice
Apprentice

FFSA to pay referees by EFTPOS - no cash payment by clubs

Post by Soap Box »

I hear that the FFSA will be paying match officials direct into their bank account this season so guess that means no cash on match day paid to refs by the clubs.

Presumably the FFSA then bill each club to recoup the money.

The FFSA would need a lot of money in the bank to cover the ref fees for all matches every week.

How is this going to work? :?

Rob Lozza
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: FFSA to pay referees by EFTPOS - no cash payment by club

Post by Rob Lozza »

Soap Box wrote:I hear that the FFSA will be paying match officials direct into their bank account this season so guess that means no cash on match day paid to refs by the clubs.

The FFSA would need a lot of money in the bank to cover the ref fees for all matches every week.

Referees go to the team manager before kick-off with mobile EFTPOS terminal in hand, team manager swipes his credit/debitrr card, Ref enters details, team manager chooses account, enters PIN or signs the print-out and bingo...all done. Or maybe the FFSA arranges direct credit into the match officials' nominated bank account?

Stupid question.

Soap Box
Apprentice
Apprentice

FFSA to pay referees by EFTPOS - no cash payment by club

Post by Soap Box »

Rob Lozza wrote:
Soap Box wrote:I hear that the FFSA will be paying match officials direct into their bank account this season so guess that means no cash on match day paid to refs by the clubs.

Referees go to the team manager before kick-off with mobile EFTPOS terminal in hand, team manager swipes his credit/debitrr card, Ref enters details, team manager chooses account, enters PIN or signs the print-out and bingo...all done. Or maybe the FFSA arranges direct credit into the match officials' nominated bank account?

Stupid question.
Not such a stupid question really. My lad is a referee and has been told his match payment will be deposited fortnightly by the FFSA into his bank account. I know for a fact that some clubs have not yet been asked by FFSA to provide their bank account details, so you tell me how the FFSA is going to debit club accounts if they don't have this info already? And what about those clubs operating on an overdraft, which may not allow the FFSA to automiatically debit each fortnight - those debits will bounce back to the FFSA - does this mean refs don't get paid?

You obviously know the answer to that one, so fill us all in.

harrycripps
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by harrycripps »

So what you're saying is that referees get paid? I thought they did it because they were lonely and didn't have friends

Rob Lozza
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rob Lozza »

Soap Box wrote:Not such a stupid question really. My lad is a referee and has been told his match payment will be deposited fortnightly by the FFSA into his bank account. I know for a fact that some clubs have not yet been asked by FFSA to provide their bank account details, so you tell me how the FFSA is going to debit club accounts if they don't have this info already? And what about those clubs operating on an overdraft, which may not allow the FFSA to automiatically debit each fortnight - those debits will bounce back to the FFSA - does this mean refs don't get paid?

You're a real think, aren't you SB?

SB: I know for a fact that some clubs have not yet been asked by FFSA to provide their bank account details, so you tell me how the FFSA is going to debit club accounts if they don't have this info already?
RL: Same way affiliation feesare paid.

SB: You obviously know the answer to that one, so fill us all in.
RL: No, I don't. And it was still a stupid question.

Soap Box
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Soap Box »

Rob Lozza wrote:
Soap Box wrote:Not such a stupid question really. My lad is a referee and has been told his match payment will be deposited fortnightly by the FFSA into his bank account. I know for a fact that some clubs have not yet been asked by FFSA to provide their bank account details, so you tell me how the FFSA is going to debit club accounts if they don't have this info already? And what about those clubs operating on an overdraft, which may not allow the FFSA to automiatically debit each fortnight - those debits will bounce back to the FFSA - does this mean refs don't get paid?

You're a real think, aren't you SB?
SB: I know for a fact that some clubs have not yet been asked by FFSA to provide their bank account details, so you tell me how the FFSA is going to debit club accounts if they don't have this info already?
RL: Same way affiliation feesare paid.
WRONG - CLUBS DO NOT GET DEBITED FOR THEIR AFFILIATION FEES! MOST CLUBS POST A CHEQUE IN OR ARRANGE A BANK TRANSFER TO FFSA. REFEREE FEES ARE BEING PAID FORTNIGHTLY AND WILL BE DEBITED DIRECT TO CLUB BANK ACCOUNTS!

SB: You obviously know the answer to that one, so fill us all in.
RL: No, I don't. And it was still a stupid question.[/quote]
SO WHY COMMENT IF YOU DON'T KNOW THE ANSWER. AND CLEARLY IT IS NOT A STUPID QUESTION.

Beats me why people have to resort to calling people Stupid for asking a legitimate question.

Rob Lozza
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rob Lozza »

My opinion, SB. If you don't like it, ignore it.

Drusetta
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Drusetta »

It's actually a good idea.
Maybe the clubs can pay a nominal amount up front; and then be billed (in ADVANCE) say three times a season after that.

Less hassle for Team Managers and referees, especially for cup games (is it?) when each team pays half. Or has this stopped now?
For the Game. For the World.

Drusetta

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Dont know what happened to this direct debit thingy coz the old "cash" system seemed to be in place on saturday.
Ignore this signature