Tom Ballyntine.

Are you a player or coach looking for a new club? Are you a club looking for new players or coaches? This forum is for posting messages for those looking for players, coaches or clubs including details of any clubs upcoming trials.
We encourage the distribution of any information posted in this forum to schools etc.
Users can post announcements in this forum and can lock their own topics.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, Judge Judy, COLOSSUS, Forum Admins

Jamie Vardy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Tom Ballyntine.

Post by Jamie Vardy »

Has anyone worked with this guy and know anything about him? I know he has Coached Womans teams but nothing else..

BeNatural
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Tom Ballyntine.

Post by BeNatural »

cfc pirates wrote:Has anyone worked with this guy and know anything about him? I know he has Coached Womans teams but nothing else..
Have heard he approached a few clubs last year to coach their senior premier league teams, provided a long list of previous employment, which looked very impressive on paper, but those clubs were a bit surprised that someone his age (mid 20s?) had that much experience, and he did not impress at the interview stages.

Probably more of a womens league coach than mens or juniors level.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ »

cfc pirates wrote:Has anyone worked with this guy and know anything about him? I know he has Coached Womans teams but nothing else..
Yep. Worked with him regularly over the past year. He's absoultely brilliant.

General Tony Cash
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by General Tony Cash »

FN now supplying references for job applications? :shock:

Where will the madness end? :lol:

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Isnt he the junior tech director at your club ???

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

bloodypassit wrote:
Isnt he the junior tech director at your club ???
I thought he was going to Cove ?
Spot Željko Jurin Jnr ......

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

The Cove FC wrote:The Cove Fc would like to remind our exisitng members and the public that our junior trials start tonight.

2014 will be an exciting year for the Cove FC as we embark on our whole of club development philosophy and junior acadamy programs under the guidance of our asia a licensed Director of Football Tom Ballentyne.

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

BeNatural wrote:
Have heard he approached a few clubs last year to coach their senior premier league teams, provided a long list of previous employment, which looked very impressive on paper, but those clubs were a bit surprised that someone his age (mid 20s?) had that much experience, and he did not impress at the interview stages.

Probably more of a womens league coach than mens or juniors level.
Aka Dexter Rosales

DMT
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by DMT »

General Tony Cash wrote:FN now supplying references for job applications? :shock:

Where will the madness end? :lol:
What surprises me is that you are surprised by anything on FN! :lol: :lol:

old man
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by old man »

From my experience he'd be only too happy to tell how good he is.

Apparantly he has been going round for the last month saying he was coaching the Cove next year, if true the Technical Director shouldn't be discussing anything on coaches before the end of the season and still have a current coaching structure :?

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Old man wrote:From my experience he'd be only too happy to tell how good he is.

Apparantly he has been going round for the last month saying he was coaching the Cove next year, if true the Technical Director shouldn't be discussing anything on coaches before the end of the season and still have a current coaching structure :?
:shock: I thought Cove have been interviewing first team coaches the last couple of weeks

carltonpalmer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by carltonpalmer »

ElSeano wrote:
Yep. Worked with him regularly over the past year. He's absoultely brilliant.
easily pleased then.

Jamie Vardy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jamie Vardy »

The Cove players were told last night he will be the senior Coach next year aswell as Technical Director as well as Continuing as Sturt Marion Womans Side...

Balotelli
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Balotelli »

Old man wrote:From my experience he'd be only too happy to tell how good he is.

Agreed, not as good as his resume states or what he thinks - Good luck

Mad_Max
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Mad_Max »

Balotelli wrote:Agreed, not as good as his resume states or what he thinks - Good luck
That's a funny coincidence.

Most people I speak to say exactly the same thing about you.
Now, if you're lucky, you could hack through your ankle in five minutes.

Balotelli
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Balotelli »

Mad_Max wrote:
Balotelli wrote:Agreed, not as good as his resume states or what he thinks - Good luck

Thats a funny coincedence cause I dont play or coach so dont even have a resume !

yorks
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by yorks »

Yep my sources tell me he is very Qualified, has an abundance of knowledge, is a great person and could be the future of any club, maybe young but has to start somewhere! and from what i hear what have they got to loose, haven't been travelling well again this year.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ »

yorks wrote:

Yep my sources tell me he is very Qualified, has an abundance of knowledge, is a great person and could be the future of any club, maybe young but has to start somewhere! and from what i hear what have they got to loose, haven't been travelling well again this year.....
This.

old man
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by old man »

Lets be honest qualifications don't necessarily make you a good coach.... Some people tend to get a little excited with paper qualifications and probably need a cold shower.

It's strange you would think anyone with his back ground would come up on google but the only thing that comes up is Sturt Marion.

BeNatural
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BeNatural »

Old man wrote:Lets be honest qualifications don't necessarily make you a good coach.... Some people tend to get a little excited with paper qualifications and probably need a cold shower.

It's strange you would think anyone with his back ground would come up on google but the only thing that comes up is Sturt Marion.
Good example - Zoran Matic, never had a coaching qualification. (nor a builders licence by the way he built things!!!!)
Is one of Australian Football's greatest ever coach.

The moyesiah
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by The moyesiah »

How many refs have taken ref courses and have paper to prove they can do it?

Would Bills line fit here also? I would say yes.

Give me a coach who played for 30 plus years and no paperwork any day.

However there's another line for this also, opinions are like .....holes every one has one.

General Tony Cash
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by General Tony Cash »

yorks wrote:

Thanks Tom.

Super Baron
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Super Baron »

I have seen what Tom has done with the teams he has coached in Australia. All his players have developed as footballers and have always played high tempo football. Higher than most team I've seen (men or women).

Whether he has coaching qualifications or not, whether he is young or old, whether he coaches men or women, it doesn't matter. What does matter, is what he does with his team on the football pitch and if you have ever seen him coach, you will quickly realise that he has what it takes to be a successful coach.

carltonpalmer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by carltonpalmer »

General Tony Cash wrote:
yorks wrote:

Thanks Tom.
Haha was thinking the same.

Fitball
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Fitball »

I have had the pleasure of working with him over the past 12 months and I have to say, He is one of the most intelligent, Hard working, professional coaches out there. Yes he's young, but still carries the technical knowledge and wisdom that an older coach carries, but still is open minded and constantly evolving (not stuck in his ways.)

He is head coach at a women's club.. Before Tom, this team was short on players,winless and ready to fold. Over the past two years Tom has managed to attract over 30 new players, and in one season had them defeating the top teams in the league.. Who ever has a bad word to say about Tom is, all I can say is Results speak for themselves

Mad_Max
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Mad_Max »

Balotelli wrote:
Mad_Max wrote:

Thats a funny coincedence cause I dont play or coach so dont even have a resume !
:lol:

So what you are telling everyone is is that you are in no way qualified to pass comment.
Now, if you're lucky, you could hack through your ankle in five minutes.

Monder
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Monder »

:lol:
Like I need a keyboard