Goalkeeper coaching

Are you a player or coach looking for a new club? Are you a club looking for new players or coaches? This forum is for posting messages for those looking for players, coaches or clubs including details of any clubs upcoming trials.
We encourage the distribution of any information posted in this forum to schools etc.
Users can post announcements in this forum and can lock their own topics.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, Judge Judy, COLOSSUS, Forum Admins

leo64
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Goalkeeper coaching

Post by leo64 »

I have been asked many times to do Goalkeeper coaching.
I am looking at starting 1 night a week for U19s to seniors
I would like to know how many would be interested as a guide.
Lots of experience Licences - junior,youth, seniors, Asian c.

Thanks robert just post on here your interest.

Hong Kong Fuey
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Re: Goalkeeper coaching

Post by Hong Kong Fuey »

Just clarifying, who are you? Who do you currently coach ? What level of soccer did you play? I would like some further information on what your recent coaching experiences are.

grumbly
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by grumbly »

I was wondering the same thing.

Fitz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Fitz »

bloody hell what a pissant mentality we have on here.

Ive been through the AFC C License course with leo64, which is a highly professional course, anyone who has completed that course successfully should be respected. as he has stated above, he has a number of licenses. you would think that would warrant a trial session at a club before you go trying to shoot him down. so hong kong fuey and grumbly, how about you give someone with, clearly, a high level of qualification some credit before you question.

i swear some people on the forums *shakes head*.
ImageImageImage

Leaf
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Leaf »

Fitz wrote:bloody hell what a pissant mentality we have on here.

Ive been through the AFC C License course with leo64, which is a highly professional course, anyone who has completed that course successfully should be respected. as he has stated above, he has a number of licenses. you would think that would warrant a trial session at a club before you go trying to shoot him down. so hong kong fuey and grumbly, how about you give someone with, clearly, a high level of qualification some credit before you question.

Having a ABCDE lisence is one thing. Can you coach is another.

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

Why should you 'be respected' because you have completed a c license??

Because you did it?

Ok hong kong may have gone a bit hard but if that's an ad for getting a gig or people to come and work with you it's a pretty lazy one.

Having a c license doesn't make you a good keeper coach!

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

Sorry I should rephrase that, how does that license make good keeper coach fitz?

leo64
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by leo64 »

Fair enough people. I would not post on here If i had not coached for 13 years and played at the highest level here in adelaide. I can coach and do goalkeepers as well as I was a goalkeeper Myself.
The licences Are not everything but they help.
You can pm anytime or ring and i Will fill anyone in on experience.
I always will do a free session and let coaches and keepers make their own verdict.
I want just serious clubs who want good keeper training not ones who give you a a can of peanuts and get monkeys.
No pun intended.
Thanks fitz but alls good mate.

TRUTH
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by TRUTH »

Leaf wrote:

Having a ABCDE lisence is one thing. Can you coach is another.
Very good question
A peice of paper does not make you a coach
Know plenty of coaches who are crap but hold a licence
Also plenty who CAN coach but have no licence

Big Mac
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Big Mac »

leo64 wrote:Fair enough people. I would not post on here If i had not coached for 13 years and played at the highest level here in adelaide. I can coach and do goalkeepers as well as I was a goalkeeper Myself.
The licences Are not everything but they help.
You can pm anytime or ring and i Will fill anyone in on experience.
I always will do a free session and let coaches and keepers make their own verdict.
I want just serious clubs who want good keeper training not ones who give you a a can of peanuts and get monkeys.
No pun intended.
Thanks fitz but alls good mate.
That info is probably what people were looking for in the first place.
Fitz..you on the angry pills?
Some people tell me that we professional players are soccer slaves. Well, if this is slavery, give me a life sentence.
Bobby Charlton

leo64
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by leo64 »

I totally agree people I believe in putting your money where your mouth is.
If you are good enough just show it dont just say it.

Fitz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Fitz »

lol, no, no angry pills (at least in the last 24 hrs anyway :D ) - people just get shot down on here without the benefit of the doubt. also, many of you raise the point that having a license doesnt make a coach good, but the C License in particular is extremely stringent on its passing conditions, and also incredibly expensive. why anyone would do the course just to wave it around is beyond me. but stating that you have it in order to promote yourself seems to lead people to criticize. its no different to a resume, you have to put your qualifications on that. people use licenses or degrees to state their abilities to prospective clubs/employers.

Wraith - bad drivers are given licenses because driving instructors seemingly arent willing to regulate the quality of drivers stringently enough. i can tell you that the FFA are stringent and uncompromising on their pass/failure marking. if you cant coach (or arent at the appropriate level of coaching ability), you wont get the licenses. simple stuff really.

Paul - that wasnt my point. and no, im not after any glory hunting, anyone who knows where im coaching this year would know that. i simply believe the C License is a very credible qualification, much more so than the community courses and senior license that may have been bandied about previously.
ImageImageImage

BeNatural
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BeNatural »

Futz you attacked the first two people that commented but neither had a go at leo they just wanted to know more info.

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

Fitz wrote:lol, no, no angry pills (at least in the last 24 hrs anyway :D ) - people just get shot down on here without the benefit of the doubt. also, many of you raise the point that having a license doesnt make a coach good, but the C License in particular is extremely stringent on its passing conditions, and also incredibly expensive. why anyone would do the course just to wave it around is beyond me. but stating that you have it in order to promote yourself seems to lead people to criticize. its no different to a resume, you have to put your qualifications on that. people use licenses or degrees to state their abilities to prospective clubs/employers.

Wraith - bad drivers are given licenses because driving instructors seemingly arent willing to regulate the quality of drivers stringently enough. i can tell you that the FFA are stringent and uncompromising on their pass/failure marking. if you cant coach (or arent at the appropriate level of coaching ability), you wont get the licenses. simple stuff really.

Paul - that wasnt my point. and no, im not after any glory hunting, anyone who knows where im coaching this year would know that. i simply believe the C License is a very credible qualification, much more so than the community courses and senior license that may have been bandied about previously.
That avoids my point Fitz, my point to you was the way you came expecting respect because of the license, I then asked how that makes you a good gk coach?

Nobody rubbished him for stating he had done it, it was more about the lack of info Leo gave, you jumped to conclusions.

prefly
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by prefly »

Sorry, whats the big deal about letting potential employers know who you are. Everybody knows who the other field and keeper coaches are when the advertise on here, eg Jeff Napier, Chris Higgins even Robert down at the FFSA keeper academy. Maybe I'm old fashioned but it would have saved all this crap.

grumbly
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by grumbly »

Fitz, who did I shoot down?

I agreed with a question, thats all. I don't know who this guy is, or what he does or how long he's done it. All we have to go by is a username, perhaps that is enough for you?

Surely if someone comes on here offering coaching, we can ask for a few details, maybe a brief outline of experience? I, for one, don't know this user, but as I have a son who's a keeper I wouldn't mind learning more about him before I go any further. Im sure no offence was intended towards Leo.

johnydep
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by johnydep »

leo64 wrote:I have been asked many times to do Goalkeeper coaching.
I am looking at starting 1 night a week for U19s to seniors
I would like to know how many would be interested as a guide.
Lots of experience Licences - junior,youth, seniors, Asian c.

Thanks robert just post on here your interest.
A name would help your cause.

leo64
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by leo64 »

Theres no cause johnny I have had a few posts and offers already and would like to help as many clubs as possible.
In my opinion the keepers are neglected most at clubs but through no fault of the clubs as there is not enough good keeper coaches and its another cost but needed. thanks robert

Hong Kong Fuey
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Hong Kong Fuey »

So sorry I did not mean to offend anyone, in asking my, I thought reasonable questions. Your response Fitz was aggresive and extremelly rude!!! Sorry if I wanted some background on the person advertising their services, again I apologize if it sounded attacking, that was not my intention. Thank you to everyone who understood where I was coming from!!!
Last edited by Hong Kong Fuey on Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

leo64
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by leo64 »

Dont worry hong kong, fitz is a passionate bloke and can let fly now and then but a real good bloke to get on with. Its a forum and sometimes there is a lot of crap but often really good discussions.Welcome and all the best.

Rattlesnake
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Rattlesnake »

Have you got a little resume Leo to give us some background?

leo64
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by leo64 »

Give me your email rattlesnake or pm and i will email you something. thanks

CameronBroadbent
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by CameronBroadbent »

Rattlesnake wrote:Have you got a little resume Leo to give us some background?
pm me your email id i suggest a reliable website.....

johnpd
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by johnpd »

I have a Young Keeper, who plays under 16s, are you still doing the coaching, he would be interested in doing something in the summer, he is training with the seniors and the under 18s at the moment, along with me......can you pm me with some details please?

Dark Knight
In Memory of Dylan Tombides
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by Dark Knight »

Hey johnpd!! There's a guy called Lindsay Paterson who's a goalkeeper coach. Very good I hear!!
Currently coaches Metrostars seniors and FFSA u14s Skilleroos. He may do private coaching
Number is 0466995732.