Copa America 2020 on Optus Sport

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Copa America 2020 on Optus Sport

Post by ozzie owl »

Optus sport have been announceed as the Australian broadcaster for 2020.

https://www.socceroos.com.au/news/copa- ... CYl8CMlOuM

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Copa America 2020 on Optus Sport

Post by eagleboy »

ozzie owl wrote:Optus sport have been announceed as the Australian broadcaster for 2020.

Does anyone think Fox is loosening its strings on Australian and English football?

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

eagleboy wrote:
ozzie owl wrote:Optus sport have been announceed as the Australian broadcaster for 2020.

Does anyone think Fox is loosening its strings on Australian and English football?

I think your right it’s rumoured HAL will on OPTUS next tv deal.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Great final. It had it all. Simulation, dummy spitting, brilliance , bad sportsmanship, bad tackles, exceptional skill, disrespect for ref ad that was only Neymar.
Essentially Argentina had 1 real chance and Di Maria took it brilliantly. A few penalty calls. So much emphasis on Messi. Evan after final whistle all the players ran to Messi. Certainly an "I" in that team.

Pity the Aussies weren't there :grin:

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

eagleboy wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:36 am Great final. It had it all. Simulation, dummy spitting, brilliance , bad sportsmanship, bad tackles, exceptional skill, disrespect for ref ad that was only Neymar.
Essentially Argentina had 1 real chance and Di Maria took it brilliantly. A few penalty calls. So much emphasis on Messi. Evan after final whistle all the players ran to Messi. Certainly an "I" in that team.

Finally messi delivers a major trophy for his country.
The amount of pressure he has been under for all his playing career to produce a trophy finally pays off.
the 1 thing Scaloni did with this Argentina team, was to tell them "you dont have to ALWAYS pass to Messi".
as for the celebrating with Messi, that was a touching tribute to the man.

Well done Argentina!
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

In the way
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by In the way »

Michael wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:34 am
eagleboy wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:36 am Great final. It had it all. Simulation, dummy spitting, brilliance , bad sportsmanship, bad tackles, exceptional skill, disrespect for ref ad that was only Neymar.

The amount of pressure he has been under for all his playing career to produce a trophy finally pays off.
the 1 thing Scaloni did with this Argentina team, was to tell them "you dont have to ALWAYS pass to Messi".

Well done Argentina!
That is what i was thinking too, it was a tribute to the great man to have the whole team gather around him, it was their way of showing they did it for him,( as well as country.) Things like this can make the team bond stronger.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

In the way wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:19 pm
Michael wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:34 am

Well done Argentina!
That is what i was thinking too, it was a tribute to the great man to have the whole team gather around him, it was their way of showing they did it for him,( as well as country.) Things like this can make the team bond stronger.
Still can't beat Ronaldo's influence on Portugal or every Club he's played for.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details