Matildas/Women's World Cup

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Re: Matildas/Women's World Cup

Post by Michael »

In the way wrote:I was wondering the same thing why do we need a bigger stadium ? Trying to google crowds at previous women"s world cup average crowd was just under 20,000 in the group stages, that was in countries much bigger population then ours

I agree slightly, However a new rectangular built stadium would not only help Adelaide United, but the Football community as a whole.
Look what it did for Port Adelaide the move at AO.
before that, they could hardly get 18-20K people to the game at Football park.
Now they currently get 25 - 35 (used to be 45-50k)
Last edited by Michael on Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Michael wrote:
Last one Standing wrote:
United We Stand wrote: I will leave you alone (Not the forum!!) if you can just point out what you think is wrong in my posts. You will need to be specific. Remember the stadium issue was NOT me arguing whether Adelaide United need a new stadium. I don't disagree with you about that. I have clearly expressed that. That is your view, but as other forum contributors have pointed out, it is irrelevant as that was never the issue. This a forum and I will express my views. You have no right to deny me that. What on earth do you think are my issues? Wow, you really are "a piece of work."
Luckily for you I am now speechless. And my keyboard now needs drying out, I coughed all my tea and spilled my Diet Coke over it laughing at this backflip.

Diet Coke?
:lol:
Bottle of toxins and chemicals.

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

Explains a lot, about Matthews current state of affairs....
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

Post by United We Stand »

If Australia is successful in its bid, the minimum requirement is that stadium capacity is 22K. So, if we are to host a group, Adelaide NEEDS a slightly bigger stadium to be FIFA compliant.
Last edited by United We Stand on Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

United We Stand wrote:If Australia is successful in its bid, the minimum requirement is that stadium capacity is 22K. So, if we have to host a group, Adelaide NEEDS a slightly bigger stadium to be FIFA compliant.

what was the maximum allowed during the sydney olympics?
I think it was the Italy Vs Nigeria game that got 18K spectators

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

United We Stand wrote:If Australia is successful in its bid, the minimum requirement is that stadium capacity is 22K. So, if we have to host a group, Adelaide NEEDS a slightly bigger stadium to be FIFA compliant.
Which begs the question will the government just put in temporary seats to increase capacity to 22k or spend more and provide cover on the north, south and eastern stands?

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

ozzie owl wrote:
Which begs the question will the government just put in temporary seats to increase capacity to 22k or spend more and provide cover on the north, south and eastern stands?

I feel the govt will do the "cheapest" version and put temporary seating in place.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

ozzie owl wrote:
When is the comp? If in the winter no need for cover? (yes I know about rain, but sun is more of an issue). Temporary seats will suffice. Remember we used to have temp stands at AO for big matches too. It's no issue.

@michael,the Diet Coke reference is a bit of an 'in joke' going back years.

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

Which begs the question will the government just put in temporary seats to increase capacity to 22k or spend more and provide cover on the north, south and eastern stands?[/quote]

I feel the govt will do the "cheapest" version and put temporary seating in place.[/quote]

I agree with you Michael. It is most likely that they will put in temporary seating to get the capacity up to 22K. That would be a pity as it is an opportunity to cover the eastern stand and fill in the corners of the stadium. Why? So that we can have a FIFA compliant stadium and be able to bid for other FIFA events/tournaments.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

United We Stand wrote: I agree with you Michael. It is most likely that they will put in temporary seating to get the capacity up to 22K. That would be a pity as it is an opportunity to cover the eastern stand and fill in the corners of the stadium. Why? So that we can have a FIFA compliant stadium and be able to bid for other FIFA events/tournaments.
So you now want money to be spent on Hindmarsh, yet you spent months telling us to knock it down. Your hypocrisy is astonishing.

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

Last one Standing wrote:
United We Stand wrote: I agree with you Michael. It is most likely that they will put in temporary seating to get the capacity up to 22K. That would be a pity as it is an opportunity to cover the eastern stand and fill in the corners of the stadium. Why? So that we can have a FIFA compliant stadium and be able to bid for other FIFA events/tournaments.
So you now want money to be spent on Hindmarsh, yet you spent months telling us to knock it down. Your hypocrisy is astonishing.

:lol: :lol: :lol: He still doesn't get it! I have explained this in a previous post!!

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

United We Stand wrote:
Last one Standing wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: He still doesn't get it! I have explained this in a previous post!!
I get it entirely, you are cluless, post cabernet and change yout story to go with what you think may happen.

You are easier to read than a children's book.

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

[

I get it entirely, you are cluless, post cabernet and change yout story to go with what you think may happen.

You are easier to read than a children's book.[/quote]

"cluless?" "yout? Learn to spell before you even try to criticise. If I am easier to read than a children's book, then why have you misinterpreted every one of my posts? Come to think of it, you may try reading some children's books as it seems to be your level. It might help you with your atrocious spelling!! Still trying to "win?" Still "wasting your time?"

P.S The "truth" that is contained in the posts when I am deal with an issue CAN NOT be countered LOS. You cannot blame me for your inability to comprehend what I have written! The "truth" contained in posts criticising you as a person who delights in antagonising/belittling people to get a reaction, "hurts."

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

I can spell, I just can't type.
Not sure what you mean about winning - what competition am I in?
I haven't misinterpreted what you said attall - if I have once or twice I apologise.
You use P.S. incorrectly, each and every time. You shoudl put that AFTER a signature - I am happy to educate you on your lack of English skills.

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

United We Stand wrote:

You are easier to read than a children's book

"cluless?" "yout? Learn to spell before you even try to criticise. If I am easier to read than a children's book, then why have you misinterpreted every one of my posts? Come to think of it, you may try reading some children's books as it seems to be your level. It might help you with your atrocious spelling!! Still trying to "win?" Still "wasting your time?"

P.S The "truth" that is contained in the posts when I am deal with an issue CAN NOT be countered LOS. You cannot blame me for your inability to comprehend what I have written! The "truth" contained in posts criticising you as a person who delights in antagonising/belittling people to get a reaction, "hurts."

At this point you have both lost and have no chance of winning anything.

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

You know exactly what I mean about "winning." That shows up when I post in response to another forum contributor. You immediately come in with an effort to belittle me.

You have actually misinterpreted (Whether it is deliberate or not) ALL my posts. However, your apology is actually a positive development and I accept it.

Don't embarrass yourself by saying that you are happy to educate me on my lack of English skills. Check my posts. They are well written and I always edit if I find any typing mistakes. As a person who just wrote,"atall" and "shoudl," you are the last person who should be criticising me about my English language skills.

I hope that is the end of your constant attacks. :roll:
Last edited by United We Stand on Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

At this point you have both lost and have no chance of winning anything.[/quote]

Is this comment necessary? I am not the person who wants to have the last word or "win." I have been trying to end this crap.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Last one Standing wrote:I can spell, I just can't type.
I haven't misinterpreted what you said attall - if I have once or twice I apologise.
You use P.S. incorrectly, each and every time. You shoudl put that AFTER a signature - I am happy to educate you on your lack of English skills.
Please stay after class. :wink:
Ignore this signature

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Bomber wrote:
Last one Standing wrote:I can spell, I just can't type.
Please stay after class. :wink:
Yes, I need to learn to use a browser that highlights my typos :-(

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

United We Stand wrote:You know exactly what I mean about "winning." That shows up when I post in response to another forum contributor. You immediately come in with an effort to belittle me.

You have actually misinterpreted (Whether it is deliberate or not) ALL my posts. However, your apology is actually a positive development and I accept it.

Don't embarrass yourself by saying that you are happy to educate me on my lack of English skills. Check my posts. They are well written and I always edit if I find any typing mistakes. As a person who just wrote,"atall" and "shoudl," you are the last person who should be criticising me about my English language skills.

I hope that is the end of your constant attacks.
Are you not admitting your misuse of PS is not a mistake then?

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

Last one Standing wrote:
United We Stand wrote:You know exactly what I mean about "winning." That shows up when I post in response to another forum contributor. You immediately come in with an effort to belittle me.

Still on the attack and looking for reasons to criticise me? I DO know how to use Post Scriptum (P.S). You are correct in saying that it is placed after the signature. I do that in letters.emails etc. However, you may have noticed that I do not have a signature here on FN!

Now, I hope that really is the end of your constant attacks.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

United We Stand wrote:
Last one Standing wrote:

Still on the attack and looking for reasons to criticise me? I DO know how to use Post Scriptum (P.S). You are correct in saying that it is placed after the signature. I do that in letters.emails etc. However, you may have noticed that I do not have a signature here on FN!

Now, I hope that really is the end of your constant attacks.
As there is no signature what is the point of the P.S.? It's just wrong - simple.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Looks like it even be a joint Australia /New Zealand bid.

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

As there is no signature what is the point of the P.S.? It's just wrong - simple.[/quote]

So this is really important to you is it? "Nitpicking" over a minor detail like this when so many of your posts are riddled with mistakes and poorly expressed, shows again that narcissistic quality of having to "win." Of all people to criticise me. You DID NOT directly answer any of the points that I made. You DID NOT even answer my simple question of what you found objectionable/inaccurate in my posts? Yet you were happy to merely hurl insults, unsubstantiated criticism/ abuse in my direction. I have tried to reason with you by answering your criticisms and asking why you are attacking every single post here on FN. Give it a rest.

Peace brother!!

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

ozzie owl wrote:Looks like it even be a joint Australia /New Zealand bid.

Yes Ozzie, it does look that way. I just hope that Adelaide doesn't get overlooked because New Zealand has some superior stadiums to Coopers. I know that the State Government officially pledged its support to the bid, and that they should, therefore, be granted a WWC Finals group if the bid succeeds. The possibility of being overlooked because other cities have superior stadiums is yet another reason why I have been arguing that we need to upgrade our sporting facilities and applying to secure major sporting events. Adelaide has already lost one opportunity by turning its back on the Commonwealth Games. I hope that the State Government now pledges to attract the funding (Federal Government/Private sector) to properly upgrade Cooper's Stadium. This does not mean just an upgrade of the corporate and media areas and the "cheaper" option of the installation of "temporary" seating. A proper upgrade would enhance our chances of securing the WWC games in Adelaide. I have mentioned this before, but this was a rare set of circumstances where Adelaide could be part of bids to TWO major international events (Commonwealth Games and the Women's World Cup Finals). Any major upgrade or even a new stadium for the Commonwealth Games would , in turn, enhance our bid for the Women's World Cup. In other words, being progressive and being part of the Commonwealth Games, would have left Adelaide in a great position to land further major sporting events like the WWC. We shall see what happens, but I am a little nervous about Adelaide's chances now.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

United We Stand wrote:So this is really important to you is it? "Nitpicking" over a minor detail like this when so many of your posts are riddled with mistakes and poorly expressed, shows again that narcissistic quality of having to "win." Of all people to criticise me. You DID NOT directly answer any of the points that I made. You DID NOT even answer my simple question of what you found objectionable/inaccurate in my posts? Yet you were happy to merely hurl insults, unsubstantiated criticism/ abuse in my direction. I have tried to reason with you by answering your criticisms and asking why you are attacking every single post here on FN. Give it a rest.

Peace brother!!
You are the only one making it a competition, I am not posting to win anything. I am just doing my upmost best to fact check your long rambling posts. TBF you have pretty much stopped this, so I am pretty comfortable that you now write opinion, which I may or may not agree with, instead of posting false stuff as fact.

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

You are the only one making it a competition, I am not posting to win anything. I am just doing my upmost best to fact check your long rambling posts. TBF you have pretty much stopped this, so I am pretty comfortable that you now write opinion, which I may or may not agree with, instead of posting false stuff as fact.[/quote]

You have previously admitted that you think that you have "won" thus making it a competition. Another sign that you have made it a competition is the fact that you criticise ( Almost immediately at times!) every post of mine, even when it is a post which responds to another forum contributor. Why is it such an obsession for you to, ".just doing my upmost best"............. (Sic!)....."to fact check (Sic!) your long rambling posts?" You HAVE NOT pointed out/corrected what is inaccurate or "fake stuff."

In addition, I ASKED you to point out what you think is objectionable/inaccurate or "fake stuff." as you put it? Why didn't you actually answer that question? I have told you that I was just curious as you have never actually expressed what you think is fake.]You just can't criticise without pointing out what you think is fake.

I stand by ALL my posts. There is no "fake news/stuff" in any of it. I have maintained a consistent line of argument throughout all this. No hypocrisy or any "back flips" at all. Read my response to Raich Carter. I have NOT changed my opinion about why Adelaide should be applying for major sports events and how it benefits the city/state and the game that I am passionate about. The funny thing is that you now think that I am now not posting "false stuff." when I haven't changed my approach at all!
Last edited by United We Stand on Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

United We Stand wrote: You have previously admitted that you think that you have "won" thus making it a competition. Another sign that you have made it a competition is the fact that you criticise ( Almost immediately at times!) every post of mine, even when it is a post which responds to another forum contributor. Why is it such an obsession for you to, "......"fact check (Sic!) your long rambling posts?" You HAVE NOT pointed out/corrected what is inaccurate or "fake stuff."

In addition, I ASKED you to point out what you think is objectionable/inaccurate or "fake stuff." as you put it? Why didn't you actually answer that question. I have told you that I was just curious as you have never actually expressed what you think is fake.]You just can't criticise without pointing out what you think is fake.

I stand by ALL my posts. There is no "fake news/stuff" in any of it. I have maintained a consistent line of argument throughout all this. No hypocrisy or any "backflips" at all. Read my response to Raich Carter. I have NOT changed my opinion about why Adelaide should be applying for major sports events and how it benefits the city/state and the game that I am passionate about. The funny thing is that you now think that I am now not posting "false stuff." when I haven't changed my approach at all!

You wanted a new stadium now you don’t - it makes all the rest just hot air..The rest of your stuff is rambling rubbish from a madman.

It’s hot, please get some water, cool down and quit this rubbish.

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

You wanted a new stadium now you don’t - it makes all the rest just hot air..The rest of your stuff is rambling rubbish from a madman.

It’s hot, please get some water, cool down and quit this rubbish.[/quote]

OMG. Now you are reverting to your old tactic of abuse and belittling me! What a back flip and you have the audacity to call me a madman!! I have already told you that I have explained this. Read my response to Raich Carter on this thread. You must have read it as you posted soon after.You even appealed to him to not engage with me about this issue! Wow, so much for your apology!!

The "truth" in my posts can't be countered. Get that through your head!!

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

United We Stand wrote:OMG. Now you are reverting to your old tactic of abuse and belittling me! What a back flip and you have the audacity to call me a madman!! I have already told you that I have explained this. Read my response to Raich Carter on this thread. You must have read it as you posted soon after.You even appealed to him to not engage with me about this issue! Wow, so much for your apology!!

The "truth" in my posts can't be countered. Get that through your head!!
You are worse than a Duracell bunny, you go on and on and on.