Matildas/Women's World Cup

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Matildas/Women's World Cup

Post by United We Stand »

[

You are worse than a Duracell bunny, you go on and on and on.[/quote]

So do you!!

Yes, I am and I will continue to do so as long as this constant barrage of criticism continues. You don't get it, so on it goes. I have tried to end this, but you keep trying to belittle me. I have tried to reason with you that it is a time for a peaceful resolution. You offered me a apology for misinterpreting my posts, then you went on the attack again.

Again, you misinterpret my position, when you say that I wanted a new stadium and now I don't. I would gladly accept a new stadium for Adelaide, but we have pulled out of the bidding for the Commonwealth Games. The multipurpose stadium was one of the State Government's options for the Commonwealth Games after they announced that they would not be spending money to upgrade Cooper's Stadium. Now the circumstances are different. The State Government has "back flipped" and officially backed the Women's World Cup bid, nominating Cooper's Stadium as a venue to host the WWC games. Two different sets of circumstances.[/b]

Again, you have misinterpreted the message behind my posts. You cannot counter the "truth" that is contained in my posts. Let that be the end of it!!
Last edited by United We Stand on Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

United We Stand wrote: So do you!!

Yes, I am and I will continue to do so as long as this constant barrage of criticism continues. You don't get it, so on it goes. I have tried to end this, but you keep trying to belittle me. I have tried to reason with you that it is a time for a peaceful resolution. You offered me a apology for misinterpreting my posts, then you went on the attack again.

Again you misinterpret my position when you say that I wanted a new stadium and now I don't. I would gladly accept a new stadium for Adelaide, but we have pulled out of the bidding for the Commonwealth Games. The multipurpose stadium was one of the State Government's options for the Commonwealth Games after they announced that they would not be spending money to upgrade Cooper's Stadium. Now the circumstances are different. The State Government has "back flipped" and officially backed the Women's World Cup bid, nominating Cooper's Stadium as a venue to host the WWC games. Two different sets of circumstances.[/b]

Again, you have misinterpreted the message behind my posts. You cannot counter the "truth" that is contained in my posts.Let that be the end of it!!
By not replying you end it - you are so stupid you don’t even get that. What do you get? Except for getting on my nerves with your obsession with me.

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

By not replying you end it - you are so stupid you don’t even get that. What do you get? Except for getting on my nerves with your obsession with me.[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Last one Standing wrote:
United We Stand wrote: So do you!!

Again you misinterpret my position when you say that I wanted a new stadium and now I don't. I would gladly accept a new stadium for Adelaide, but we have pulled out of the bidding for the Commonwealth Games. The multipurpose stadium was one of the State Government's options for the Commonwealth Games after they announced that they would not be spending money to upgrade Cooper's Stadium. Now the circumstances are different. The State Government has "back flipped" and officially backed the Women's World Cup bid, nominating Cooper's Stadium as a venue to host the WWC games. Two different sets of circumstances.[/b]

Again, you have misinterpreted the message behind my posts. You cannot counter the "truth" that is contained in my posts.Let that be the end of it!!
By not replying you end it - you are so stupid you don’t even get that. What do you get? Except for getting on my nerves with your obsession with me.
The back flip by the SA government has certainly a big change in the landscape and the issue is how much money the SA government invests in Hindmarsh. If its just temp seating 7k it doesnt address the issue of providing cover to the three exposed sides of the ground.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

ozzie owl wrote:
The back flip by the SA government has certainly a big change in the landscape and the issue is how much money the SA government invests in Hindmarsh. If its just temp seating 7k it doesnt address the issue of providing cover to the three exposed sides of the ground.
I agree re cover. And taking away what is being said publically, there is no reason why it can't be covered. UWS can't (he will try though) use the WC bid as his change of argument, he was campaigning almost demanding a new stadium prior to any potential bid. It appears he has now seen sense and realises that updating Hindmarsh is all we need. Once he aknowledges this we can all move on.

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

Last one Standing wrote:
ozzie owl wrote:
I agree re cover. And taking away what is being said publically, there is no reason why it can't be covered. UWS can't (he will try though) use the WC bid as his change of argument, he was campaigning almost demanding a new stadium prior to any potential bid. It appears he has now seen sense and realises that updating Hindmarsh is all we need. Once he aknowledges this we can all move on.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

Last one Standing wrote:
ozzie owl wrote:

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

The above two posts show how he covers all bases. Sad sad sad individual, posting for reaction and support.

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

Last one Standing wrote:The above two posts show how he covers all bases. Sad sad sad individual, posting for reaction and support.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

The back flip by the SA government has certainly a big change in the landscape and the issue is how much money the SA government invests in Hindmarsh. If its just temp seating 7k it doesnt address the issue of providing cover to the three exposed sides of the ground.[/quote]

Careful Ozzie. You have written something which is pretty close to what I have written about this issue. You might have LOS having a go at you!! Yes, I agree. Ideally this is the "opportunity" to upgrade Coopers Stadium properly and make it a modern, 22-25K boutique stadium. 22K is the minimum capacity for the WWC.. Covering the three stands, filling in the corners, improving the corporate and media facilities would be the ideal scenario. Financing this is the problem, but it isn't impossible if the Federal Government is able to grant the money for a major upgrade of this sort.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

United We Stand wrote: Careful Ozzie. You have written something which is pretty close to what I have written about this issue. You might have LOS having a go at you!! Yes, I agree. Ideally this is the "opportunity" to upgrade Coopers Stadium properly and make it a modern, 22-25K boutique stadium. 22K is the minimum capacity for the WWC.. Covering the three stands, filling in the corners, improving the corporate and media facilities would be the ideal scenario. Financing this is the problem, but it isn't impossible if the Federal Government is able to grant the money for a major upgrade of this sort.
You really are obsessed with me - you get worse by the post. Trying to have the last word, I let you, with youe emojis, but then you can't resist trying to be Mr important and post again stating the same as you have done previously. We all remember what you say, no need to repeat it - you are the one who doesn't remember.

Get help and shiraz off and leave us alone (I am repeating myself as you may soon get what I am saying and take the advice)

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

You really are obsessed with me - you get worse by the post. Trying to have the last word, I let you, with youe emojis, but then you can't resist trying to be Mr important and post again stating the same as you have done previously. We all remember what you say, no need to repeat it - you are the one who doesn't remember. ?????? !!!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Get help and shiraz off and leave us alone (I am repeating myself as you may soon get what I am saying and take the advice)[/quote] :lol: :lol: :lol:

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

:D :D :D

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Probably a good news story Matilda's 1 and Socceroos 3.

Despite a turbulent year, the Matildas are Australia’s most loved national team.
According to a survey conducted by True North Research, the Matildas are the team the nation gravitates to the most placing first on the BenchMark EC (Emotional Connection) ladder.

Below is the BenchMark Emotional Connection ladder:
Matildas
Australian Women’s Rugby 7s
Socceroos
Wallaroos
Men’s T20 Cricket Team
Wallabies
Men’s Test Cricket Team
Opals
Kangaroos
Diamonds
Australian Women’s Cricket Team
Australian Men’s Sevens
Boomers
NSW Blues
Queensland Maroons

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

eagleboy wrote:Probably a good news story Matilda's 1 and Socceroos 3.

Despite a turbulent year, the Matildas are Australia’s most loved national team.
According to a survey conducted by True North Research, the Matildas are the team the nation gravitates to the most placing first on the BenchMark EC (Emotional Connection) ladder.

Matildas
Socceroos
Wallaroos
Men’s T20 Cricket Team
Wallabies
Men’s Test Cricket Team
Opals
Kangaroos
Diamonds
Australian Men’s Sevens
Boomers
NSW Blues
Queensland Maroons
Pretty pointless survey if you ask me. Let's see if "commercial interests" take any note (eg Matildas suddenly start advertising Nike gear or Women's Rugby 7's start promoting Diet Coke)
Ignore this signature

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

Bomber wrote:

Matildas
Socceroos
Wallaroos
Men’s T20 Cricket Team
Wallabies
Men’s Test Cricket Team
Opals
Kangaroos
Diamonds
Australian Men’s Sevens
Boomers
NSW Blues
Queensland Maroons
Pretty pointless survey if you ask me. Let's see if "commercial interests" take any note (eg Matildas suddenly start advertising Nike gear or Women's Rugby 7's start promoting Diet Coke)

Nobody asked you, Eddie!
:wink:
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Michael wrote:
Bomber wrote:

Matildas
Socceroos
Wallaroos
Men’s T20 Cricket Team
Wallabies
Men’s Test Cricket Team
Opals
Kangaroos
Diamonds
Australian Men’s Sevens
Boomers
NSW Blues
Queensland Maroons

Nobody asked you, Eddie!
Perhaps not, but be grateful that you have access to my expert opinions from time to time.
Ignore this signature

Grosso Mk II
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Grosso Mk II »

Australian Women’s Rugby 7s (a made up sport) > Your national football team :lol: :lol: :lol:

what a country

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

Bomber wrote:
Michael wrote:
Bomber wrote:

Nobody asked you, Eddie!
Perhaps not, but be grateful that you have access to my expert opinions from time to time.

Sorry mate, I am grateful you can give up some of your busy hectic time to post on here.
As for your expert opinions
:lol:
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Australia and New Zealand have announced they will submit co-confederation bid to host the 2023 Women’s World Cup.

I suspect this will lead to Adelaide missing out. Melb, Sydney and Brisbane will get main matches.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

The Matildas opened their series with a 7 - 0 defeat of Chinese Taipai.

A comfortable stroll in the park for the squad to prepare for the more competitive countries.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

I have just watched the worst standard 1st half of a of football match at any grade. You cant blame the coach for everything but imho the Matildas have gone backwards under this guy.

In the way
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by In the way »

6 goals in 30 minutes, the other 60 minutes was not good plus 40 shots to 2 ?

oneleggedseagull
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by oneleggedseagull »

eagleboy wrote:I have just watched the worst standard 1st half of a of football match at any grade. You cant blame the coach for everything but imho the Matildas have gone backwards under this guy.

It was pretty bad, but maybe the Matildas just forgot what the object of a pass is. Now that Europe is involved and BIG MONEY teams are in it there'll be a shift and USA and teams of that ilk have had their day in the sun. However, the USA may have the money to stay with Germany, France, Holland, England etc but The Matildas only have their A-League and that ridiculous AFW league ( or whatever its called ) to get young girls involved. I just can't see them getting a gig in Arsenal etc. as they have grown up seeing whatever the Aussie-Rules blokes and women players think is a world sensation.

Nikos Sampson
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Nikos Sampson »

One of them does have a gig at chelsea
I hate ethnics like Cyril.

oneleggedseagull
Squad Player
Squad Player

Nikos Sampson wrote:One of them does have a gig at chelsea
I hear another plays for Arsenal, another laces her boots in Spain and one plies her trade in the woman's Bundesliga. So maybe they are doing fine

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Thoroughly outplayed by a relentless China but escaped at the end by equalising to make it
1-1 and top the Group. Kerr and others strangely anonymous for much of the game.

They have avoided playing South Korea from the other Group and now meet Vietnam. The main thing is they should now qualify for the Tokyo/Japan 2020 Olympics.

It will be good for the profile of the Sport having both the Men’s and Women’s teams there playing their games at viewer-friendly TV times.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Con M wrote:Thoroughly outplayed by a relentless China but escaped at the end by equalising to make it
1-1 and top the Group. Kerr and others strangely anonymous for much of the game.

They have avoided playing South Korea from the other Group and now meet Vietnam. The main thing is they should now qualify for the Tokyo/Japan 2020 Olympics.

It will be good for the profile of the Sport having both the Men’s and Women’s teams there playing their games at viewer-friendly TV times.
I agree. We were lucky. Considering the Chinese girls were in quarantine before the tournament they looked the fitter of the 2 sides. Our defense had many holes in it. The forwards had no idea. Sam Kerr is almost invisible. Not a fan of this coach.

We still need to beat Vietnam but its an easier way through.
Having 2 side in the Olympics may get us additional government funds and TV exposure.

oneleggedseagull
Squad Player
Squad Player

Con M wrote:Thoroughly outplayed by a relentless China but escaped at the end by equalising to make it

ABC was supposedly the Matildas & Hyundai supporters. They live up to it by screening Friday night games, but they pushed the Matildas games to 11.30! Now, these games were played in Australia, so what was their excuse? ( Admittedly they are the only TV station to do this, the only way the commercial mob would be in it is if WAFL was being played.)
Actually I don't get it. I thought having someone playing the man rather than the ball was what the public who NEVER watch real football can understand or watch.

About 10 minutes is the longest I can watch men's ARF, women's ARF is 10 secs. so I'm gonna say it won't have much if any, extra profile, but Tokyo Olympics may change this. It didn't increase crowds 20 years ago when Hindmarsh was used.

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

Matildas
Socceroos
Wallaroos
Men’s T20 Cricket Team
Wallabies
Men’s Test Cricket Team
Opals
Kangaroos
Diamonds
Australian Men’s Sevens
Boomers
NSW Blues
Queensland Maroons

Where is the Aussie AFL team??