Matildos not as good as they thought

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

eagleboy
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
Posts: 1997
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:34 pm
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Matildos not as good as they thought

Post by eagleboy »

Bomber wrote:Foreign language, that's a laugh. Most haven't a clue about English anyway, so anything else wouldn't be much different.
:lol:

ozzie owl
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 18311
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 am
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Matildos not as good as they thought

Post by ozzie owl »

Bomber wrote:Foreign language, that's a laugh. Most haven't a clue about English anyway, so anything else wouldn't be much different.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Migrant Land
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 672
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:47 pm

Re: Matildos not as good as they thought

Post by Migrant Land »

Bomber wrote:Foreign language, that's a laugh. Most haven't a clue about English anyway, so anything else wouldn't be much different.
:) :) :) :) :)

1,3,5, get yourselves a room

eagleboy
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
Posts: 1997
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:34 pm
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Matildos not as good as they thought

Post by eagleboy »

Migrant Land wrote:
Bomber wrote:Foreign language, that's a laugh. Most haven't a clue about English anyway, so anything else wouldn't be much different.
:) :) :) :) :)

1,3,5, get yourselves a room

:?: https://translate.google.com/

ozzie owl
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 18311
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 am
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Matildos not as good as they thought

Post by ozzie owl »

Score prediction

Aus 4 Jamaica 0

User avatar
Eyas
Promising Junior
Promising Junior
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:56 pm

Re: Matildos not as good as they thought

Post by Eyas »

That won't happen.

User avatar
Sunny Vanilla
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 6598
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:14 pm

Re: Matildos not as good as they thought

Post by Sunny Vanilla »

ozzie owl wrote:
Stitch This wrote:Migrant Land, Grosso, zzz, cornetto

A bunch of misogynist faaaarken immigrants that can't assimilate.


If you don't like it, leave!
If someone lives in Australia and they hate everything about it so much , there is a very simple solution.
Stay and try to improve things?
These users thanked the author Sunny Vanilla for the post:
Old Master, johndedes, theorakle, ozzie owl

User avatar
Grosso Mk II
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 864
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: Matildos not as good as they thought

Post by Grosso Mk II »

Grosso Mk II wrote:
Stitch This wrote:Migrant Land, Grosso, zzz, cornetto

A bunch of misogynist faaaarken immigrants that can't assimilate.

If you don't like it, leave!
evidence of 'misogyny' leftist?
...

Migrant Land
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 672
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:47 pm

Re: Matildos not as good as they thought

Post by Migrant Land »

Migrant Land wrote:The Geniuses at the FFA who know fkall get what they deserve.
You're next Greg the dog
You've left the room
Last edited by Migrant Land on Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Migrant Land
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 672
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:47 pm

Re: Matildos not as good as they thought

Post by Migrant Land »

ozzie owl wrote:Quiet this morning Migrant Land ?
No, just woken up to what I expected.
Been a good start to the day.
Suck on this .
Kerr can score 100 goals against pw opposition, but when it counts...

Well done FFA .
Great job too

User avatar
Grosso Mk II
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 864
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: Matildos not as good as they thought

Post by Grosso Mk II »

lost to a bunch of cross country skiers and canoeists :lol:

cue the media and all the SJW sycophants telling us about the Aussie never say die attitude :lol:

B.Toomer
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 766
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:45 pm
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Matildos not as good as they thought

Post by B.Toomer »

Weren't the aussies "brave" though?

Migrant Land
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 672
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:47 pm

Re: Matildos not as good as they thought

Post by Migrant Land »

B.Toomer wrote:Weren't the aussies "brave" though?
Oh yes , notice the pattern every time the Matildos or socceroos get eliminated :

'Brave'
'Unlucky'
'Heartbreaking'
'Referee cost them'
'Not quite good enough'
'Falling behind in player development'
'FFSA needs to get serious about development'

And this exit was their worst ever at a World Cup.


And yet the overpaid,under-knowledged fat cat administrators continue on their merry way , with another junket just around the corner.

eagleboy
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
Posts: 1997
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:34 pm
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Matildos not as good as they thought

Post by eagleboy »

Migrant Land wrote:
B.Toomer wrote:Weren't the aussies "brave" though?
Oh yes , notice the pattern every time the Matildos or socceroos get eliminated :

'Brave'
'Unlucky'
'Heartbreaking'
'Referee cost them'
'Not quite good enough'
'Falling behind in player development'
'FFSA needs to get serious about development'

And this exit was their worst ever at a World Cup.


And yet the overpaid,under-knowledged fat cat administrators continue on their merry way , with another junket just around the corner.

Good list of excuse but having the FFA behind you is like having a millstone round your neck.Like mentioned in other posts the board should resign.
Loosing in a penalty kickoff is not a disgrace, maybe a tragedy. Ask Italy and England on a few occasions.
The Ref and VAR made a few interesting decisions but this world cup is being made to look ridiculous owing to many strange calls.
Also, I don't think the coach had any real clues. Just my opinion.

User avatar
Eyas
Promising Junior
Promising Junior
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:56 pm

Re: Matildos not as good as they thought

Post by Eyas »

eagleboy wrote:The Ref and VAR made a few interesting decisions
Such as...

ozzie owl
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 18311
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 am
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Matildos not as good as they thought

Post by ozzie owl »

Migrant Land wrote:
B.Toomer wrote:Weren't the aussies "brave" though?
Oh yes , notice the pattern every time the Matildos or socceroos get eliminated :

'Brave'
'Unlucky'
'Heartbreaking'
'Referee cost them'
'Not quite good enough'
'Falling behind in player development'
'FFSA needs to get serious about development'

And this exit was their worst ever at a World Cup.


And yet the overpaid,under-knowledged fat cat administrators continue on their merry way , with another junket just around the corner.
Whenever England failed in the big tournaments these were often trotted out:

'Brave'
'Unlucky'
'Heartbreaking'
'Referee cost them'
'Not quite good enough'
'Falling behind in player development'
'FA needs to get serious about development'

B.Toomer
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 766
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:45 pm
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Matildos not as good as they thought

Post by B.Toomer »

As usual you're wrong. The British press usually use number 4 & number 6. They generally go overboard to criticize our teams, unlike the aussie press who trot out lame excuses.

eagleboy
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
Posts: 1997
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:34 pm
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Matildos not as good as they thought

Post by eagleboy »

Eyjafjallajökull wrote:
eagleboy wrote:The Ref and VAR made a few interesting decisions
Such as...
you not see the game?


1.penalty overturned. I thought the rule was clear and obvious mistake.
2. clear handball in 1/2 half
3. bad tackle on aussie girl
4. send off was dubious imho . doubt if was even a free.

User avatar
Eyas
Promising Junior
Promising Junior
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:56 pm

Re: Matildos not as good as they thought

Post by Eyas »

1. I'm not a fan of VAR and would rather the referee stick to their decision (even if it was wrong like this one, never a penalty). That said it wouldn't have changed the game as we saw how aussies take penalties.

2. Clear handball, but again we saw how aussies take penalties.

3. Might have missed that one.

4. How was that not a foul? It's a clear shirt pull. There's no way you can accidentally grab an opponent's shirt. It's a deliberate action and cheating. Should be a red card anywhere on the pitch. You can't cry because you got caught cheating.

User avatar
Grosso Mk II
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 864
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: Matildos not as good as they thought

Post by Grosso Mk II »

No problems they'll learn from this and come back stronger for pointless friendlies :lol:

eagleboy
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
Posts: 1997
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:34 pm
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Matildos not as good as they thought

Post by eagleboy »

Eyjafjallajökull wrote:
4. How was that not a foul? It's a clear shirt pull. There's no way you can accidentally grab an opponent's shirt. It's a deliberate action and cheating. Should be a red card anywhere on the pitch. You can't cry because you got caught cheating.
A shirt pull should be a red card anywhere on the pitch, really. You wouldn't have any players left at the end of the game.

In the case as mentioned, both player were holding/pushing. Goal scoring opportunity that far out is questionable. Free to either player would be reasonable result.

User avatar
Inoue Waka
Promising Junior
Promising Junior
Posts: 288
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:54 pm

Re: Matildos not as good as they thought

Post by Inoue Waka »

eagleboy wrote:A shirt pull should be a red card anywhere on the pitch, really. You wouldn't have any players left at the end of the game.
Or perhaps players will curb their actions. Can you name an instance where pulling your opponent's shirt is justified?

User avatar
Eyas
Promising Junior
Promising Junior
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:56 pm

Re: Matildos not as good as they thought

Post by Eyas »

eagleboy wrote:In the case as mentioned, both player were holding/pushing.
I only saw one player grab a shirt.

eagleboy
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
Posts: 1997
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:34 pm
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Matildos not as good as they thought

Post by eagleboy »

Eyjafjallajökull wrote:
eagleboy wrote:In the case as mentioned, both player were holding/pushing.
I only saw one player grab a shirt.
OPSM can help :D

In the way
Promising Junior
Promising Junior
Posts: 286
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 10:01 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Matildos not as good as they thought

Post by In the way »

Eyjafjallajökull wrote:
eagleboy wrote:In the case as mentioned, both player were holding/pushing.
I only saw one player grab a shirt.
Sad thing is she didnt need to
Agree - she ( Kennedy ) was skinned several times by the pace of young Norway strikers, lucky our keeper pulled off some good saves.
Var clearly showed one player grabbing pulling shirt, even commentators said that is at least a yellow.

ozzie owl
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 18311
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 am
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Matildos not as good as they thought

Post by ozzie owl »

Grosso Mk II wrote:lost to a bunch of cross country skiers and canoeists :lol:

cue the media and all the SJW sycophants telling us about the Aussie never say die attitude :lol:
Scores from overnight Grosso ?

Old Master
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 7057
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:03 pm
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Matildos not as good as they thought

Post by Old Master »

The blame for the Matilda's downfall is not the fault of the Referee or match officials, or even the players and coaches, it is entirely due to the FFA Board and their constant Interference in team affairs of every national squad.

Their continual interference and efforts to destabilise the players caused the national Men's Coach, Ange Postecoglu to resign just three months before the World Cup and look what happened then - another monumental failure.

They sacked Stajic and didn't have the guts to say why, other than making mealy mouth statements and refusing to discuss their reasoning - same result.

As I've said before, the FFA receives a lot of funding from the Federal and State governments, that's the Taxpayers, me and you and we have a right to be informed of what the F52k is going on - a Royal Commission must be mounted to investigate the actions and reasoning of the FFA and the State Associations and why they always manage to seize defeat from the Jaws of Victory. :idea:
The older I get the better I was.


FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

eagleboy
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
Posts: 1997
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:34 pm
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Matildos not as good as they thought

Post by eagleboy »

Old Master wrote:The blame for the Matilda's downfall is not the fault of the Referee or match officials, or even the players and coaches, it is entirely due to the FFA Board and their constant Interference in team affairs of every national squad.

Their continual interference and efforts to destabilise the players caused the national Men's Coach, Ange Postecoglu to resign just three months before the World Cup and look what happened then - another monumental failure.

They sacked Stajic and didn't have the guts to say why, other than making mealy mouth statements and refusing to discuss their reasoning - same result.

As I've said before, the FFA receives a lot of funding from the Federal and State governments, that's the Taxpayers, me and you and we have a right to be informed of what the F52k is going on - a Royal Commission must be mounted to investigate the actions and reasoning of the FFA and the State Associations and why they always manage to seize defeat from the Jaws of Victory. :idea:
Probably hit the mark OM.Royal commission may be a bit overboard but some open to public investigation is required. How much taxpayer money is going to salaries of all the do gooders and hangers-on people in there for the wrong reasons. Probably stopping funds being diverted to grass roots.
Ill throw in the SMA costs always increasing. Managers on fat pay packets.

Post Reply