Matildas coach Alen Stajcic stood down months before World C

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 3299
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:50 pm

Re: Matildas coach Alen Stajcic stood down months before Wor

Post by THE ORAKLE »

THE ORAKLE wrote:look,there has has to be a reason for a sacking. problem is no one knows why, even stajic says nobody has told me anything and frankly I haven't got a clue. :roll:

perhaps gallop has a son who wants to take over :wink:

Old Master
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 7057
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:03 pm
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Matildas coach Alen Stajcic stood down months before Wor

Post by Old Master »

Milicic has got the job.

I wonder if he'll find the culture as toxic?
The older I get the better I was.


FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 3299
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:50 pm

Re: Matildas coach Alen Stajcic stood down months before Wor

Post by THE ORAKLE »

Old Master wrote:Milicic has got the job.

I wonder if he'll find the culture as toxic?
this is going to be one of australias great unsolved mysteries. i wish ante well but i hope alen gets suitable compo. :roll:

zzz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 759
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:30 pm

Re: Matildas coach Alen Stajcic stood down months before Wor

Post by zzz »

Old Master wrote:Milicic has got the job.

I wonder if he'll find the culture as toxic?
internal appointment as he already has a job with the FFA as Socceroos assistant

he probably didn't have a choice

so much for the worldwide search

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 3299
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:50 pm

Re: Matildas coach Alen Stajcic stood down months before Wor

Post by THE ORAKLE »

zzz wrote:
Old Master wrote:Milicic has got the job.

I wonder if he'll find the culture as toxic?
internal appointment as he already has a job with the FFA as Socceroos assistant

he probably didn't have a choice

so much for the worldwide search

surely it must all come out in the end. the code of silence of the FFA MAFIA. :?: :?: :?: somebody blow the bloody whistle for petes sake. :roll:

Old Master
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 7057
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:03 pm
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Matildas coach Alen Stajcic stood down months before Wor

Post by Old Master »

THE ORAKLE wrote:
zzz wrote:
Old Master wrote:Milicic has got the job.

I wonder if he'll find the culture as toxic?
internal appointment as he already has a job with the FFA as Socceroos assistant

he probably didn't have a choice

so much for the worldwide search

surely it must all come out in the end. the code of silence of the FFA MAFIA. :?: :?: :?: somebody blow the bloody whistle for petes sake. :roll:

I think this whole farce is suitable for investigation by ICAC or a Royal Commission.

This is a National Team supported by Federal Funding and MUST be Accountable for how it operates.
The older I get the better I was.


FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

zzz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 759
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:30 pm

Re: Matildas coach Alen Stajcic stood down months before Wor

Post by zzz »

THE ORAKLE wrote:
zzz wrote:
Old Master wrote:Milicic has got the job.

I wonder if he'll find the culture as toxic?
internal appointment as he already has a job with the FFA as Socceroos assistant

he probably didn't have a choice

so much for the worldwide search

surely it must all come out in the end. the code of silence of the FFA MAFIA. :?: :?: :?: somebody blow the bloody whistle for petes sake. :roll:
somebody blew the whistle on the last FFA regime corruption and she was ostracised/marginalised by the media and idiots on forums alike

corruption is endemic in this country and the media at large enable it

Migrant Land
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 672
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:47 pm

Re: Matildas coach Alen Stajcic stood down months before Wor

Post by Migrant Land »

Bonita M was punished for doing the right thing.
And we keep getting told it's the wogs etc who are the corrupt ones.

I agree there should be an icac or similar.
And get the Canberra leso mafia interogated in the process.

Old Master
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 7057
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:03 pm
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Matildas coach Alen Stajcic stood down months before Wor

Post by Old Master »

The Matildas were nowhere near as fluent as they were under Stajic last night against NZ - the media was tipping a whitewash before the game but it was more of a finger painting in reality.

Sam Kerr was way below her best and was subbed in the second half, along with quite a few other 'stars'.
The older I get the better I was.


FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

zzz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 759
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:30 pm

Re: Matildas coach Alen Stajcic stood down months before Wor

Post by zzz »

they've always been overrated anyway

alwaysoffside
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 782
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:14 pm

Re: Matildas coach Alen Stajcic stood down months before Wor

Post by alwaysoffside »

surely it must all come out in the end. the code of silence of the FFA MAFIA. :?: :?: :?: somebody blow the bloody whistle for petes sake. :roll:[/quote]

somebody blew the whistle on the last FFA regime corruption and she was ostracised/marginalised by the media and idiots on forums alike

corruption is endemic in this country and the media at large enable it[/quote]


Starts at the top
Under the direction of FIFA probably doesn’t help

zzz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 759
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:30 pm

Re: Matildas coach Alen Stajcic stood down months before Wor

Post by zzz »

it'll never come out, you've heard the last of it

alwaysoffside
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 782
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:14 pm

Re: Matildas coach Alen Stajcic stood down months before Wor

Post by alwaysoffside »

zzz wrote:it'll never come out, you've heard the last of it
+1
Typical FIFA worldwide policy

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 3299
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:50 pm

Re: Matildas coach Alen Stajcic stood down months before Wor

Post by THE ORAKLE »

stajic did ok with his first game for ccm didn't he. does anyone think Adelaide could sign sam kerr. at least she knows where the bloody goals are. :wink:

Old Master
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 7057
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:03 pm
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Matildas coach Alen Stajcic stood down months before Wor

Post by Old Master »

THE ORAKLE wrote:stajic did ok with his first game for ccm didn't he. does anyone think Adelaide could sign sam kerr. at least she knows where the bloody goals are. :wink:

The current AU owners couldn't afford her. :P
The older I get the better I was.


FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

User avatar
Grosso Mk II
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 864
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: Matildas coach Alen Stajcic stood down months before Wor

Post by Grosso Mk II »

the board member was forced to apologize :lol:

skips :lol:

eagleboy
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
Posts: 1997
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:34 pm
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Matildas coach Alen Stajcic stood down months before Wor

Post by eagleboy »

This Heather Reid needs to resign. Totally incompetent. Almost destroyed Stajics career


Football Federation Australia (FFA) board director Heather Reid has publicly apologised for implying Alen Stajcic was sacked as Matildas coach for misconduct.
In a stunning twist in the ongoing saga, FFA and Reid on Friday issued statements regarding the controversial sacking.
Reid, in a statement, apologised for privately suggesting to media and others that “if the whole truth could be told, Stajcic would never work again in women’s football”.
Stajcic’s contract was terminated by the governing body on January 19 in a move that rocked the Australian football community, and saw speculation regarding his potential wrongdoing fill the media.
“FFA by this statement wishes to make clear that Alen Stajcic’s contract was not terminated on the basis that he had breached his contract or had engaged in any misconduct,” the FFA statement read.
Any inference that has been drawn about these being reasons for Alen’s contract termination is wrong. Alen’s contract was terminated by FFA exercising its contractual right of termination by making a pre-agreed payment in lieu of notice. FFA’s decision to do this was reached simply because its Board formed the view, following a process undertaken by management that the Matildas would benefit from a new coach for the FIFA World Cup in France.
“FFA acknowledges that some of the speculation about the termination of Alen’s contract was caused by statements made by one of its directors, Heather Reid.”
Reid meanwhile issued her own statement to ‘apologise unreservedly for the damage, distress and hurt’ caused to Stajcic.
She acknowledged that: “my conduct in making public and private statements may have caused serious damage to Mr Stajcic’s reputation, both in Australia and internationally.”

The women’s football pioneer who was appointed to the board in November also withdrew her statements ‘entirely and unconditionally’ and stated that she regrets the comments. Reid also apologised ‘for pain and suffering… caused to Mr Stajcic’s wife and young children.’



FULL REID STATEMENT:
I apologise unreservedly for the damage, distress and hurt that I have caused to Alen Stajcic as a professional football coach and long-time servant to, and advocate for, Australian and women’s football. I understand that my conduct in making public and private statements may have caused serious damage to Mr Stajcic’s reputation, both in Australia and internationally.
On 22 January 2019 The Sydney Morning Herald published a story about the termination of Mr Stajcic’s contract by Football Federation Australia (FFA), in which I was quoted as saying that if people knew the actual facts about Mr Stajcic’s behaviour ‘they would be shocked.’
I also, at around this time, sent personal communications to a number of people including various members of the media, in which I suggested that, if the whole truth could be told, Mr Stajcic would never work again in women’s football. I understand also that these communications ended up in the hands of other journalists who have used my words to compound the speculation and innuendo as to the reason why Mr Stajcic’s employment was terminated.
I withdraw my statements entirely and unconditionally. Mr Stajcic’s contract was terminated by FFA, by a decision of the FFA Board, of which I am a member. FFA elected to terminate Mr Stajcic’s employment contract by it making a payment in lieu of notice. Mr Stajcic’s contract was not terminated by FFA for breach of contract by Mr Stajcic, or because of any misconduct on Mr Stajcic’s part. I accept that I was wrong to imply otherwise.
I regret making these statements. I apologise also for pain and suffering that I have caused to Mr Stajcic’s wife and two young children.

Old Master
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 7057
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:03 pm
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Matildas coach Alen Stajcic stood down months before Wor

Post by Old Master »

eagleboy wrote:This Heather Reid needs to resign. Totally incompetent. Almost destroyed Stajics career


Football Federation Australia (FFA) board director Heather Reid has publicly apologised for implying Alen Stajcic was sacked as Matildas coach for misconduct.
In a stunning twist in the ongoing saga, FFA and Reid on Friday issued statements regarding the controversial sacking.
Reid, in a statement, apologised for privately suggesting to media and others that “if the whole truth could be told, Stajcic would never work again in women’s football”.
Stajcic’s contract was terminated by the governing body on January 19 in a move that rocked the Australian football community, and saw speculation regarding his potential wrongdoing fill the media.
“FFA by this statement wishes to make clear that Alen Stajcic’s contract was not terminated on the basis that he had breached his contract or had engaged in any misconduct,” the FFA statement read.
Any inference that has been drawn about these being reasons for Alen’s contract termination is wrong. Alen’s contract was terminated by FFA exercising its contractual right of termination by making a pre-agreed payment in lieu of notice. FFA’s decision to do this was reached simply because its Board formed the view, following a process undertaken by management that the Matildas would benefit from a new coach for the FIFA World Cup in France.
“FFA acknowledges that some of the speculation about the termination of Alen’s contract was caused by statements made by one of its directors, Heather Reid.”
Reid meanwhile issued her own statement to ‘apologise unreservedly for the damage, distress and hurt’ caused to Stajcic.
She acknowledged that: “my conduct in making public and private statements may have caused serious damage to Mr Stajcic’s reputation, both in Australia and internationally.”

The women’s football pioneer who was appointed to the board in November also withdrew her statements ‘entirely and unconditionally’ and stated that she regrets the comments. Reid also apologised ‘for pain and suffering… caused to Mr Stajcic’s wife and young children.’



FULL REID STATEMENT:
I apologise unreservedly for the damage, distress and hurt that I have caused to Alen Stajcic as a professional football coach and long-time servant to, and advocate for, Australian and women’s football. I understand that my conduct in making public and private statements may have caused serious damage to Mr Stajcic’s reputation, both in Australia and internationally.
On 22 January 2019 The Sydney Morning Herald published a story about the termination of Mr Stajcic’s contract by Football Federation Australia (FFA), in which I was quoted as saying that if people knew the actual facts about Mr Stajcic’s behaviour ‘they would be shocked.’
I also, at around this time, sent personal communications to a number of people including various members of the media, in which I suggested that, if the whole truth could be told, Mr Stajcic would never work again in women’s football. I understand also that these communications ended up in the hands of other journalists who have used my words to compound the speculation and innuendo as to the reason why Mr Stajcic’s employment was terminated.
I withdraw my statements entirely and unconditionally. Mr Stajcic’s contract was terminated by FFA, by a decision of the FFA Board, of which I am a member. FFA elected to terminate Mr Stajcic’s employment contract by it making a payment in lieu of notice. Mr Stajcic’s contract was not terminated by FFA for breach of contract by Mr Stajcic, or because of any misconduct on Mr Stajcic’s part. I accept that I was wrong to imply otherwise.
I regret making these statements. I apologise also for pain and suffering that I have caused to Mr Stajcic’s wife and two young children.

A bit late to apologise now, the leader of the Lesbian Mafia got her way by making her statements and an apology should be followed by her axing. :evil:
The older I get the better I was.


FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Old Master
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 7057
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:03 pm
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Matildas coach Alen Stajcic stood down months before Wor

Post by Old Master »

The Matildas appear to be struggling under Milicic, just like every other national team he's been involved with, losing 3 - 0 to Netherlands last night and it could have been a lot more.

They had a few chances but failed to take them and will have improve massively if they are to even make it past the group stages in France.

Milicic has tried to make them a more defensive team who move the ball around and keep possession, which is almost the opposite of the style Stajic had them playing and it does not suit the players he's got.

Be prepared for a quick exit unless he restores the Stagic style of play.
The older I get the better I was.


FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

User avatar
Grosso Mk II
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 864
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: Matildas coach Alen Stajcic stood down months before Wor

Post by Grosso Mk II »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Italia Italia!!!

hahahaha out you go kangaroos in the first round :lol: :lol: :lol:

Migrant Land
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 672
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:47 pm

Re: Matildas coach Alen Stajcic stood down months before Wor

Post by Migrant Land »

Go home Matildo
Go home Matildo
You'll go a waltzing Matildo

User avatar
Bomber
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 56302
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:40 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Matildas coach Alen Stajcic stood down months before Wor

Post by Bomber »

Grosso Mk II wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Italia Italia!!!

hahahaha out you go kangaroos in the first round :lol: :lol: :lol:
At least your women qualified for this World Cup.
Ignore this signature

User avatar
Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1463
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:49 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Matildas coach Alen Stajcic stood down months before Wor

Post by Raich Carter »

Grosso Mk II wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Italia Italia!!!

hahahaha out you go kangaroos in the first round :lol: :lol: :lol:
At least we know which passport you've got out of the drawer today.
Last edited by Raich Carter on Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all

Dave now from No 9
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1412
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:11 am
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Matildas coach Alen Stajcic stood down months before Wor

Post by Dave now from No 9 »

Bomber wrote:
Grosso Mk II wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Italia Italia!!!

hahahaha out you go kangaroos in the first round :lol: :lol: :lol:
At least your women qualified for this World Cup.
lol
I may not be perfect but I'm still the closest I have ever come across

Old Master
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 7057
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:03 pm
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Matildas coach Alen Stajcic stood down months before Wor

Post by Old Master »

Once again the ruling body of Australian Football has managed to stuff things up just as something great became possible and appears to snatched Defeat from the Jaws of Victory, making the game the laughing stock of the AFL & NRL supporters.

The game needs another Federal government enquiry to sort out why this continues to happen and ensure that those with any connection to the sacking of Stajic are banned from any future involvement in the game and be stripped of any honours they have been awarded.
The older I get the better I was.


FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Old Master
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 7057
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:03 pm
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Matildas coach Alen Stajcic stood down months before Wor

Post by Old Master »

Congratulations to the Matildas for getting themselves out of a deep hole (for now) but I notice their Milicic enforced tactics changed after the half-time break, as they came out fired up and started to look more like the team Stajic put together.

I doubt it came from Milicic but I feel it more likely came from the women themselves who decided to go and play their game and win.
The older I get the better I was.


FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

User avatar
swannsong
Coach
Coach
Posts: 29991
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:15 pm

Re: Matildas coach Alen Stajcic stood down months before Wor

Post by swannsong »

Hindsight is making FFA's actions look a little disastrous.
Image
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

User avatar
Michael
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1348
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: Matildas coach Alen Stajcic stood down months before Wor

Post by Michael »

FFA deserves the credit for this failure, I wonder whom will fall on their sword.
The matildas deserved more in the world cup, but exiting where they did was a complete failure!
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

User avatar
Grosso Mk II
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 864
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: Matildas coach Alen Stajcic stood down months before Wor

Post by Grosso Mk II »

Michael wrote:FFA deserves the credit for this failure, I wonder whom will fall on their sword.
The matildas deserved more in the world cup, but exiting where they did was a complete failure!
Who says they deserved more? Overrated.

User avatar
Michael
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1348
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: Matildas coach Alen Stajcic stood down months before Wor

Post by Michael »

Grosso Mk II wrote:
Michael wrote:FFA deserves the credit for this failure, I wonder whom will fall on their sword.
The matildas deserved more in the world cup, but exiting where they did was a complete failure!
Who says they deserved more? Overrated.
Not overrated, the fact they defeated the US just last year in the Tournament of Nations with head coach Stajcic shows that this team deserved more.
FFA should be held accountable
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

Post Reply