"GO YOU REDS"

It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:02 pm

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Socceroos - Road to 2019 AFC Asian Cup
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:05 pm 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:30 am
Posts: 759
eagleboy wrote:
Stitch This wrote:
themessenger wrote:
Given the money that has been put into football development over the last decade, including implementing a national curriculum, why is Australia slipping behind these other Asian countries!

First you'd have to compare it to what money and resources these other countries have invested in development.


You might consider none of our underage teams has performed well at any tournament in years. Its credit that our Socceroos actually achieve what they do considering the lack of high end talent coming through.


massive achievement defeating an impoverished nation on penalties ranked in the 90s and only got ATM technology and traffic lights a couple of years ago. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Socceroos - Road to 2019 AFC Asian Cup
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:38 pm 
Offline
Squad Player
Squad Player

Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:36 pm
Posts: 1063
zzz wrote:
eagleboy wrote:
Stitch This wrote:
First you'd have to compare it to what money and resources these other countries have invested in development.


You might consider none of our underage teams has performed well at any tournament in years. Its credit that our Socceroos actually achieve what they do considering the lack of high end talent coming through.


massive achievement defeating an impoverished nation on penalties ranked in the 90s and only got ATM technology and traffic lights a couple of years ago. :lol:


Please tell us what your country has done in football lately if you claim not to be Australian?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Socceroos - Road to 2019 AFC Asian Cup
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:22 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 54790
Location: Between the lake and the beach
^ Forget it, he wont answer. He's yellower than an overripe banana when it comes to such disclosures.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Socceroos - Road to 2019 AFC Asian Cup
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:41 pm 
Offline
Squad Player
Squad Player

Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:36 pm
Posts: 1063
Bomber wrote:
^ Forget it, he wont answer. He's yellower than an overripe banana when it comes to such disclosures.


Haha oh I know he's a coward and cant back up a single thing he ever says lol


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Socceroos - Road to 2019 AFC Asian Cup
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:37 pm 
Offline
Squad Player
Squad Player

Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:02 am
Posts: 1280
eagleboy wrote:
Stitch This wrote:
themessenger wrote:
Given the money that has been put into football development over the last decade, including implementing a national curriculum, why is Australia slipping behind these other Asian countries!

First you'd have to compare it to what money and resources these other countries have invested in development.


You might consider none of our underage teams has performed well at any tournament in years. Its credit that our Socceroos actually achieve what they do considering the lack of high end talent coming through.


That being so, why did the FFA close down the football development program at the AIS, and what did they replace it with?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Socceroos - Road to 2019 AFC Asian Cup
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:54 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:51 pm
Posts: 11825
Location: On a freight train to crazy town
zzz wrote:
massive achievement defeating an impoverished nation on penalties ranked in the 90s and only got ATM technology and traffic lights a couple of years ago. :lol:

You're the only one suggesting it was a massive achievement - plus using comments made by an A League numpty speaking to Fox Sports as your reference for Kyrgyzstan :lol:

_________________
Time for some righteous indignation


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Socceroos - Road to 2019 AFC Asian Cup
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:00 pm 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:30 am
Posts: 759
Stitch This wrote:
zzz wrote:
massive achievement defeating an impoverished nation on penalties ranked in the 90s and only got ATM technology and traffic lights a couple of years ago. :lol:

You're the only one suggesting it was a massive achievement - plus using comments made by an A League numpty speaking to Fox Sports as your reference for Kyrgyzstan :lol:


Uzbekistan idiot


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Socceroos - Road to 2019 AFC Asian Cup
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:30 am 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:51 pm
Posts: 11825
Location: On a freight train to crazy town
zzz wrote:
Stitch This wrote:
zzz wrote:
massive achievement defeating an impoverished nation on penalties ranked in the 90s and only got ATM technology and traffic lights a couple of years ago. :lol:

You're the only one suggesting it was a massive achievement - plus using comments made by an A League numpty speaking to Fox Sports as your reference for Kyrgyzstan :lol:


Uzbekistan idiot

Thanks for the correction - that makes you even more of an idiot for using Fox Sports as a source.

As a general comment, I see Japan just scraped through against 100th ranked Vietnam can someone tell me what is wrong with their youth development programs please?

_________________
Time for some righteous indignation


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Socceroos - Road to 2019 AFC Asian Cup
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:34 am 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:30 am
Posts: 759
Stitch This wrote:
zzz wrote:
Stitch This wrote:
You're the only one suggesting it was a massive achievement - plus using comments made by an A League numpty speaking to Fox Sports as your reference for Kyrgyzstan :lol:


Uzbekistan idiot

Thanks for the correction - that makes you even more of an idiot for using Fox Sports as a source.

As a general comment, I see Japan just scraped through against 100th ranked Vietnam can someone tell me what is wrong with their youth development programs please?


you can't even find Uzbekistan on a map you dope


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Socceroos - Road to 2019 AFC Asian Cup
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:13 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:51 pm
Posts: 11825
Location: On a freight train to crazy town
zzz wrote:
you can't even find Uzbekistan on a map you dope

Deflecting as usual - caught out yet again and resorting to insults.

_________________
Time for some righteous indignation


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Socceroos - Road to 2019 AFC Asian Cup
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:26 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 am
Posts: 17310
Stitch This wrote:
zzz wrote:
you can't even find Uzbekistan on a map you dope

Deflecting as usual - caught out yet again and resorting to insults.


Standard zzz response.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Socceroos - Road to 2019 AFC Asian Cup
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:27 pm 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:30 am
Posts: 759
Stitch This wrote:
zzz wrote:
you can't even find Uzbekistan on a map you dope

Deflecting as usual - caught out yet again and resorting to insults.


caught out?

I caught YOU out

you don't even live in the real world dopey


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Socceroos - Road to 2019 AFC Asian Cup
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:28 pm 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:30 am
Posts: 759
ozzie owl wrote:
Stitch This wrote:
zzz wrote:
you can't even find Uzbekistan on a map you dope

Deflecting as usual - caught out yet again and resorting to insults.


Standard zzz response.


forum NPC chimes in

"zzz man bad"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Socceroos - Road to 2019 AFC Asian Cup
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:56 am 
Offline
Squad Player
Squad Player

Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:34 pm
Posts: 1424
I can not understand Arnold. Starting line-up against UAE has Kruse playing with Leckie and Mabil on the bench. Ikonomidis seems to be laying wing. He has been good in the tournament so far. Kruse has already started by falling over a few times.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Socceroos - Road to 2019 AFC Asian Cup
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:25 am 
Offline
Squad Player
Squad Player

Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:03 am
Posts: 1558
Ouch that's gotta hurt,
We just can't score ffs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Socceroos - Road to 2019 AFC Asian Cup
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:53 am 
Offline
Squad Player
Squad Player

Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:34 pm
Posts: 1424
I did not like Arnolds appointment and the result confirms it. Aus had so much play but never really had the UAE goal keeper under pressure. The gift goal to the UAE just topped the night off. He made subs very late and they had no real time to get into it. Kruse should never play for Aus again. His scoring record is woeful same as McLaren. He brought an underdone Nabbout late in the game with no effect.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Socceroos - Road to 2019 AFC Asian Cup
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:25 am 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:30 am
Posts: 759
lol


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Socceroos - Road to 2019 AFC Asian Cup
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:29 am 
Offline
Squad Player
Squad Player

Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:02 am
Posts: 1280
eagleboy wrote:
I did not like Arnolds appointment and the result confirms it. Aus had so much play but never really had the UAE goal keeper under pressure. The gift goal to the UAE just topped the night off. He made subs very late and they had no real time to get into it. Kruse should never play for Aus again. His scoring record is woeful same as McLaren. He brought an underdone Nabbout late in the game with no effect.


Best performance from Kruse for a long time. Nabbout gave nothing and sadly Mabil had no real impact either.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Socceroos - Road to 2019 AFC Asian Cup
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:57 am 
Offline
Star Player
Star Player

Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:40 am
Posts: 2694
Realistically it was technical shortcomings in the players that lead to our exit.

A brain fart from degenek (who had had a good tournament until that mistake) and a lack of quality in their box was the reason we didn’t progress.

For those blaming Arnold, I think it’s their own bias that lets them down. Who would you have picked that was available that he didn’t?

We created more chances and had more of the ball than our opponents - so the game plan worked, it was just the players that didn’t execute that was the difference.

_________________
It's all in the Delivery!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Socceroos - Road to 2019 AFC Asian Cup
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:09 pm 
Offline
Club Captain
Club Captain

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:43 pm
Posts: 7064
^^^^^^ an Arnie sympathiser...

no goal in 300 minutes
no tactical flexibility to adjust to teams who studied Jordan in Game 1
didn't back up his promises about how the team would play
spoke about widening the 'player' net of available players...this had to happen because of retirements and injuries...when push comes to shove, mabil starts on the bench and takes off a striker when chasing the game.


admittedly, key players were out but it still must be seen as a failure and the buck stops with the coach...





on a sad note.....just heard that it was Mabil's sister who was killed in a car accident in the northern suburbs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Socceroos - Road to 2019 AFC Asian Cup
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:35 pm 
Offline
Star Player
Star Player

Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:40 am
Posts: 2694
MegaBonus wrote:
^^^^^^ an Arnie sympathiser...

no goal in 300 minutes
no tactical flexibility to adjust to teams who studied Jordan in Game 1
didn't back up his promises about how the team would play
spoke about widening the 'player' net of available players...this had to happen because of retirements and injuries...when push comes to shove, mabil starts on the bench and takes off a striker when chasing the game.


admittedly, key players were out but it still must be seen as a failure and the buck stops with the coach...





on a sad note.....just heard that it was Mabil's sister who was killed in a car accident in the northern suburbs


More an Australian supporter, rather than taking joy in a loss on Australia Day of all days.

Who would you have picked for the tournament that was overlooked?

Arnie could only work with what he was left with, true he didn’t have the plan b that Ange had - pump high balls into the box for Cahill and jedinak but he will find one.

Also would you have made Mabil start in a pressure game after his personal tragedy?

_________________
It's all in the Delivery!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Socceroos - Road to 2019 AFC Asian Cup
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:41 pm 
Offline
Club Captain
Club Captain

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:43 pm
Posts: 7064
don't challenge the facts by attacking me....I support the team not the coach, nor the player. Just making a point about being careful what we wish for.

just to point out your hypocrisy....you defend Arnie by claiming he could only work with what he has but criticise Ange for using Cahill's strengths in the air.

care to discuss any of the 'facts'????


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Socceroos - Road to 2019 AFC Asian Cup
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:55 pm 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:30 am
Posts: 759
no Cahill no shockeroos


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Socceroos - Road to 2019 AFC Asian Cup
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:42 pm 
Offline
Squad Player
Squad Player

Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:34 pm
Posts: 1424
Brian the Postman wrote:
MegaBonus wrote:
^^^^^^ an Arnie sympathiser...

no goal in 300 minutes
no tactical flexibility to adjust to teams who studied Jordan in Game 1
didn't back up his promises about how the team would play
spoke about widening the 'player' net of available players...this had to happen because of retirements and injuries...when push comes to shove, mabil starts on the bench and takes off a striker when chasing the game.


admittedly, key players were out but it still must be seen as a failure and the buck stops with the coach...





on a sad note.....just heard that it was Mabil's sister who was killed in a car accident in the northern suburbs


More an Australian supporter, rather than taking joy in a loss on Australia Day of all days.

Who would you have picked for the tournament that was overlooked?

Arnie could only work with what he was left with, true he didn’t have the plan b that Ange had - pump high balls into the box for Cahill and jedinak but he will find one.

Also would you have made Mabil start in a pressure game after his personal tragedy?


I would have had Juric in the squad instead of McLaren for a start. Yes we had a few outs but not to score a goal in 3 of the 5 bmatches suggests something is not good in the forward 1/3. Leckie should have started and so should Mabil. ( my condolences to him on his loss. ). He was not aware of the tragedy in Adelaide at the time, if yes how could he come on later. Rogic was a loss. I would have had Luongo in for Rogic. Kruse played a reasonable game ( first in years) but it was a backward step to get selected. He is not there for the future. Ikonomidis is one for the future. I liked Grant at full back as well.
Some of Mulligan passing was woeful. He had our attackers stretching to get any where near the ball.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Socceroos - Road to 2019 AFC Asian Cup
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:20 pm 
Offline
Star Player
Star Player

Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:40 am
Posts: 2694
MegaBonus wrote:
don't challenge the facts by attacking me....I support the team not the coach, nor the player. Just making a point about being careful what we wish for.

just to point out your hypocrisy....you defend Arnie by claiming he could only work with what he has but criticise Ange for using Cahill's strengths in the air.

care to discuss any of the 'facts'????

I agree a lack of quality in the box let us down, however as I said who would you have taken instead?

We created more chances than our opponents and had more possession in those games. The lack of experienced international attacking players is what has let us down.

Not having our best set piece taker hurt us quite a bit as we were only really able to threaten in open play. I dare say if Boyle hadn’t of been injured we would still be in the tournament.

You said no tactical flexibility?? Are you saying we put out the same formation and game plan against UAE as we did in previous games?

_________________
It's all in the Delivery!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Socceroos - Road to 2019 AFC Asian Cup
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:40 pm 
Offline
Squad Player
Squad Player

Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:34 pm
Posts: 1424
Rumour being mentioned on 5AA that Arnie is being headhunted by a club in Scotland. On ya bike.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Socceroos - Road to 2019 AFC Asian Cup
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:15 pm 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:30 am
Posts: 759
eagleboy wrote:
Rumour being mentioned on 5AA that Arnie is being headhunted by a club in Scotland. On ya bike.


and you believe this? :lol:

as if a club like Hibernian would want Arnold :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Socceroos - Road to 2019 AFC Asian Cup
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:27 am 
Offline
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:17 pm
Posts: 1992
They employed neil lennon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Socceroos - Road to 2019 AFC Asian Cup
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:44 am 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 54790
Location: Between the lake and the beach
N5 1BH wrote:
They employed neil lennon


:lol:

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Socceroos - Road to 2019 AFC Asian Cup
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:15 am 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:14 pm
Posts: 979
The sooner Arnie leaves, the better for Australian Soccer!

he SHOULD never had been appointed in the 1st place!

_________________
Remember the past with gratitude...live the present with enthusiasm... and look forward to the future with confidence!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group