Ron Smith claims today's players are Robots

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

magicfootball1
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Ron Smith claims today's players are Robots

Post by magicfootball1 »

MegaBonus wrote:simply because there is a difference between what should be taught and how its being taught......youre blaming the curriculum whereas I have grave doubts that coaches actually understand the methodology thus aren't able to deliver the curriculum...I doubt its the curriculum that's preventing the lack of 'creative' types being developed......

you and others are fixated on the idea that "we are being told how to coach" and don't like being dictated to....learning how to play football is like learning any new activity/discipline. while learning can occur in many different ways, there should be a consensus on what constitutes essential learning at various age levels. the curriculum is designed to foster a proactive approach based on individual and team skill.....something that Australia as a footballing nation has only just recently highlighted is not capable of playing.

while we can defend and play on the counter (playing reactive, which is how we usually set up against 'stronger' nations') we really struggle when we have to chase a win (like against Peru) and try to be more proactive.

what we want from the curriculum is to help develop players who can be comfortable in possession as well as not in possession. Its easier to coach players to play in a reactive manner than it is to player in a proactive manner which is why there is an emphasis on a 1-4-3-3 formation at youth level.

Ange knew this thus implemented a 1-3-4-3 approach in the qualifiers against the supposedly weaker teams knowing that during the world cup, we would need to chase a game...

anyway....I can keep on going but you've made up your mind...
ffsa dev programs = robots - right on! Ron is on the money, its an epidemic, we are not focusing on the right areas.

The Shape
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Re: Ron Smith claims today's players are Robots

Post by The Shape »

MegaBonus wrote:simply because there is a difference between what should be taught and how its being taught......youre blaming the curriculum whereas I have grave doubts that coaches actually understand the methodology thus aren't able to deliver the curriculum...I doubt its the curriculum that's preventing the lack of 'creative' types being developed......

you and others are fixated on the idea that "we are being told how to coach" and don't like being dictated to....learning how to play football is like learning any new activity/discipline. while learning can occur in many different ways, there should be a consensus on what constitutes essential learning at various age levels. the curriculum is designed to foster a proactive approach based on individual and team skill.....something that Australia as a footballing nation has only just recently highlighted is not capable of playing.

while we can defend and play on the counter (playing reactive, which is how we usually set up against 'stronger' nations') we really struggle when we have to chase a win (like against Peru) and try to be more proactive.

what we want from the curriculum is to help develop players who can be comfortable in possession as well as not in possession. Its easier to coach players to play in a reactive manner than it is to player in a proactive manner which is why there is an emphasis on a 1-4-3-3 formation at youth level.

Ange knew this thus implemented a 1-3-4-3 approach in the qualifiers against the supposedly weaker teams knowing that during the world cup, we would need to chase a game...

anyway....I can keep on going but you've made up your mind...
Sorry for bothering you
You are probably right it’s not the curriculum but maybe the way the curriculum needs to be interpreted

Just a thought

Make a DVD which clearly explains the curriculum with practical (visual explanation) and the way a coach needs to present the curriculum if the governing body can not achieve this then what hope do the guys who don’t get paid have?

Sack one of the masquerading coaches in the Ffa to pay for the DVD production.