France v Australia

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

Cornuto
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

France v Australia

Post by Cornuto »

Very serving for the French to win.
Australia's thuggery approach didn't work. Parking the bus didn't work, but as usual, the whinging was there. Whinge, whinge, whinge. In every sport these days, all Ozzie do when they lose is bloody whinge and complain. The. Media go on and on, the coaches even whinge, whoever they appoint not, the players whinge, and the presenters whinge.
I must say, oztralians are a whinging Nation

magicfootball1
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: France v Australia

Post by magicfootball1 »

Cornuto wrote:Very serving for the French to win.
Australia's thuggery approach didn't work. Parking the bus didn't work, but as usual, the whinging was there. Whinge, whinge, whinge. In every sport these days, all Ozzie do when they lose is bloody whinge and complain. The. Media go on and on, the coaches even whinge, whoever they appoint not, the players whinge, and the presenters whinge.
well, we don't dive every time and cheat our way into playing .. french are sniveling little frog eaters who just cant win by playing, they have to con the ref into giving poor frees for them and aust not to get decent decisions on clear fouls and fake dives!

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Are you posting from overseas, Corny? If you’ve not studied here, worked here, got your home here or renting here - then FAARK OFF!

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Con M wrote:
Are you posting from overseas, Corny? If you’ve not studied here, worked here, got your home here or renting here - then FAARK OFF!
Cornuto = zzz= Grosso.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Worst troll post of the year...
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Cornuto
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Cornuto »

The truth hurts, it WAS a penalty for France, video proved it.
And as for all you FAKE & cyclops(one eyed idiot supporters)ozzies out there, just appreciate the beautiful game and most if all respect! Yes, respect. France was a few levels ahead, as most of the countries are.
Something most of you here would know. Just look it up on the dictionary, and while you're at it, look up the word nice person! Then look in the mirror, and you'll see one
And as for Farkn off, yeh, take your own advice and leave this country, for most of you here aren't indigenous! For a name like -Con M sounds like a bit of a con-Man to me

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

swannsong wrote:
Worst troll post of the year...
+ 1

Cornuto
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Cornuto »

Winners are grinders.
Read it and weep. :lol:

Ofor Fuxake
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ofor Fuxake »

Grinders?
You can lead a horse to water but they are bloody hard to drown.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

Are we happy with an honourable loss built on determination, grit and physical attributes playing reactive football?
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

OldGold
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by OldGold »

MegaBonus wrote:Are we happy with an honourable loss built on determination, grit and physical attributes playing reactive football?
No!

Although i dont mind Foster as an analyst , it was laughable him saying Australia showed we can beat anyone..... we lost!!

The Aussies wont get out of the group that way ( Peru and Denmark look far superior).
I expected the loss but im disappointed because I think France were there for the taking..... besides the near own goal that the French keeper saved low down in the first half, did Australia have a shot on target?
I thought Jedinak was very poor and was often caught in possession or guilty of giving the ball away...... Luongo in for the next game and Rogic needs to get more involved.
Mooy was outstanding along with Sainsbury.

Oh and id start Arzani over Kruse.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

OldGold wrote:
MegaBonus wrote:Are we happy with an honourable loss built on determination, grit and physical attributes playing reactive football?
No!

Although i dont mind Foster as an analyst , it was laughable him saying Australia showed we can beat anyone..... we lost!!

The Aussies wont get out of the group that way ( Peru and Denmark look far superior).
I expected the loss but im disappointed because I think France were there for the taking..... besides the near own goal that the French keeper saved low down in the first half, did Australia have a shot on target?
I thought Jedinak was very poor and was often caught in possession or guilty of giving the ball away...... Luongo in for the next game and Rogic needs to get more involved.
Mooy was outstanding along with Sainsbury.

Oh and id start Arzani over Kruse.
Have to agree about Jedinak apart form the penalty he had a very ordinary game. Mooy and Sainsbury both had great games as for Kruse same old waste of time.

predrag
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by predrag »

Our golden boys played with balls,look at the quality of who we were playing.With the forward line up of France even Adelaide United would do well at the world cup.I hope Croatia get to play the les blues and avenge us down the line somewhere!

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Daniel Garb in his summation on Fox probably got the penalty decision right. The ref did not call penalty a if you use a frame by frame video to overrule it you are re-refereeing the game. It was not a clear and is to call is to avoid obvious blunders eg the Maradona one.

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by GaylyColouredStumps »

Would you rather a 5-0 loss playing under anges tactics?
These users thanked the author Sunny Vanilla for the post:
Old Master, johndedes, theorakle, ozzie owl, suzie, thewabster, Za Dom Spremni

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

what was the greatest losing margin in Brazil to Spain, Holland and Chile????
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

MegaBonus wrote:what was the greatest losing margin in Brazil to Spain, Holland and Chile????
3 goals.

0 points achieved.

Let's wait for the next two games before we proclaim this coach a failure.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

not proclaiming anyone a failure.....just reflecting on what Ange was trying to achieve by moving away from the reliance on 'grit', 'work ethic' and 'physicality' as the basis of success.

the reality is, the current coach wants nothing more than to minimise damage.....we're just an inferior Iceland....

developing technically adept players capable of playing in various tactical set ups should be our aim.....not honourable losses!!!!

Paleon Patros Germanos
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Paleon Patros Germanos »

Yes
Agia Lavra 1821!

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

MegaBonus wrote:not proclaiming anyone a failure.....just reflecting on what Ange was trying to achieve by moving away from the reliance on 'grit', 'work ethic' and 'physicality' as the basis of success.

the reality is, the current coach wants nothing more than to minimise damage.....we're just an inferior Iceland....

developing technically adept players capable of playing in various tactical set ups should be our aim.....not honourable losses!!!!
Ange had a squad for over 4 years leading up to this world cup and barely scraped through qualifying with his approach. You're dreaming if you think Australia is going to be a technical country with the current setup.

Like saying I'm going to become a neurosurgeon by going to Tafe for an hour a week for the next 4 years.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

well then....just be happy with honourable losses (against the 'best')....

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

MegaBonus wrote:well then....just be happy with honourable losses (against the 'best')....
I'm happy with playing the style best suited to our ability and not pretending we are something we aren't

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

so youre happy to accept that:

* we will never really challenge for world cup honours....
* you don't have a vision for what it takes to win and a plan on how to make it happen

essentially, youre happy to accept 2nd best.....no make that 3rd best....like I said, we're a poor mans Iceland...

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

MegaBonus wrote:so youre happy to accept that:

* you don't have a vision for what it takes to win and a plan on how to make it happen

essentially, youre happy to accept 2nd best.....no make that 3rd best....like I said, we're a poor mans Iceland...
Nope. Get the cattle first and then we can talk

There's a reason why pep has to spend money for decent players, otherwise any old team would do.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Sunny Vanilla wrote:
MegaBonus wrote:well then....just be happy with honourable losses (against the 'best')....
I'm happy with playing the style best suited to our ability and not pretending we are something we aren't
Spot on. Its not the players fault per se, we are having to make do with an ordinary squad so they are punching way about their weight. Kudos to them, despite the loss, thought they gave it a good shot.
Ignore this signature

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

Sunny Vanilla
MegaBonus wrote:

isn't that what Ange's vision entailed...developing the talent/system/tactics during the qualifiers.....

I'm no Postecoglou apologist but can see what he was on about.....if we're only ever going to rely on 'grit, 'work ethic' and 'physicality', we will never seriously challenge at a global level (as opposed to a regional level).....

Bert van Marwijk is a good coach.....but he's in it for the short term....we need someone with a vision over the long term....oh wait, he's gone!

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

MegaBonus wrote:
Sunny Vanilla
MegaBonus wrote:

isn't that what Ange's vision entailed...developing the talent/system/tactics during the qualifiers.....

I'm no Postecoglou apologist but can see what he was on about.....if we're only ever going to rely on 'grit, 'work ethic' and 'physicality', we will never seriously challenge at a global level (as opposed to a regional level).....

Bert van Marwijk is a good coach.....but he's in it for the short term....we need someone with a vision over the long term....oh wait, he's gone!
Sorry, but its like asking the Namibian Rugby team to play all out attack against the All Blacks and claim its for long term vision.

Ok, I might be exaggerating, but trying to keep a realistic picture of what and where Australia stands in the football world whilst we are isolated from powerful footballing nations, have football as a third or fourth tier sport in the country, play in Asia, most players playing in second tier leagues at present, then grit and work ethic is what we need now.
Ignore this signature

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

Megabonus has to be a government worker.

Obsessed with protocols but no awareness of how they function in the real world

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm reasonably confident that I see more of the 'real world' than most....
then grit and work ethic is what we need now.
Ok, as long as you accept that as Aussies we don't have a mortgage on these traits and there are other countries who do it better......ie Iceland

:shock: :shock: :shock: I'm astounded that we have Aussies in here suggesting we should accept our lot in life (2nd and 3rd best)...I'm a pragmatist and appreciate our limitations but where is the passion for change and improvement???????? :oops: :oops: :oops:

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

MegaBonus wrote:^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm reasonably confident that I see more of the 'real world' than most....
then grit and work ethic is what we need now.
Ok, as long as you accept that as Aussies we don't have a mortgage on these traits and there are other countries who do it better......ie Iceland

:shock: :shock: :shock: I'm astounded that we have Aussies in here suggesting we should accept our lot in life (2nd and 3rd best)...I'm a pragmatist and appreciate our limitations but where is the passion for change and improvement???????? :oops: :oops: :oops:
Change and improvement when the "heads" are trying to implement a system of how we should play from bottom to top via a curriculum? You're funny.
There are very strong football nations who never have won a World Cup but are realists and will adopt a system that best suits their best eleven, and who would begrudge them?
Germany lost overnight. Spain, Argentina and Brazil are winless at this stage - Italy and Holland aren't even there. So who's system should we adopt now? I've got it - Ange's!
Ignore this signature