U23's

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

U23's

Post by Mr Red »

Beat Syria 3-1 last night - Blackwood got a brace and really should have had a hat trick if our right winger wasn't greedy and past the square ball to Blackwood.

Syria played much better in the second half after being 2-0 down at half time. Got back to 2-1 and pushed hard to get the equalizer but conceded a goal on the brake. A pretty good game, Aust do buckle under pressure and played a few square balls in dangerous positions that were picked off and nearly lead to goals for Syria.

Next game is on Sunday.

Izzo and Ben G also played all 3 AU players got through injury free.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Re: U23's

Post by eagleboy »

Mr Red wrote:Beat Syria 3-1 last night - Blackwood got a brace and really should have had a hat trick if our right winger wasn't greedy and past the square ball to Blackwood.

Syria played much better in the second half after being 2-0 down at half time. Got back to 2-1 and pushed hard to get the equalizer but conceded a goal on the brake. A pretty good game, Aust do buckle under pressure and played a few square balls in dangerous positions that were picked off and nearly lead to goals for Syria.

Next game is on Sunday.

Izzo was class. Beaten by OG. Ben G is too loose. Has his moments but gets caught out. Blackwood's goals were from breaks on the wing. DaSilva is a class act. I did like some of our ball movement. It looked better than the Socceroos.

Maybe its me , but has Fox advertised these games as live. I just happened onto it last night. Have set my record buttons for the next games.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

eagleboy wrote:
Mr Red wrote:Beat Syria 3-1 last night - Blackwood got a brace and really should have had a hat trick if our right winger wasn't greedy and past the square ball to Blackwood.

Next game is on Sunday.

Izzo was class. Beaten by OG. Ben G is too loose. Has his moments but gets caught out. Blackwood's goals were from breaks on the wing. DaSilva is a class act. I did like some of our ball movement. It looked better than the Socceroos.

Maybe its me , but has Fox advertised these games as live. I just happened onto it last night. Have set my record buttons for the next games.
U23 side looks like an AU development squad.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

eagleboy wrote:

Next game is on Sunday.

Blahblah
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Blahblah »

eagleboy wrote:
eagleboy wrote:

Next game is on Sunday.

Or A-League starting XI given last week's line-up.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

I hope Kurz has recorded this game as he can the show the AU wingers how to cross a ball to Blackwood, so he can score more goals for AU.

Aus lost to Vietnam 0 - 1 in a match they should have won if the coaching staff had any idea of how to set up a team to play against Ultra-Defensive teams.

The Senior Socceroos coaches can't do it either, and Milicic is involved in both of them. :?:

I hope the new coach brings his own coaching staff along with him, or goodbye any WC dreams.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

Very poor first half by the U23 Aust team. 0-2 down at half time. I have to agree with Ned Z to much passing back unnecessarily and to many players that don't use their preferred foot or go in the wrong direction to get on their preferred foot when they have the ball.

Second half it was like a whole new team came out - we had so much of the play hit the cross bar twice scored 2 goals and had many more half chances. They were more positive and look to get forward much more and in the end were unlucky not to get a draw.

Not sure what Millicic said at half time but it seemed to have the desired effect, if only they had a better mind set in the first half.

We lost 2-3 which means we are out. 1 win and 2 losses I think some of the players had their minds elsewhere.

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

I wonder if any of these players could play this weekend for their A league teams?

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Mr Red wrote:I wonder if any of these players could play this weekend for their A league teams?

According to the team list, those who play for AU are in the squad.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

A team like Vietnam playing in final and Australia did not make it past round 1. Something has to be done about our junior sides.