OZ v. Thailand expected TV audience 7.30pm Tues 5/9/17

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

OZ v. Thailand expected TV audience 7.30pm Tues 5/9/17

Post by Con M »

Sadly the National ratings last Thursday for Japan v OZ were only 327,000 on 9GO! (free-to-air Ch93.99) and 208,000 on Pay-and-pay FoxyTV. That game was up against the NRL QLD derby (live) and Sam Newman's footttee show on Channel Nine's main station.

Even though it is only Thailand, I still expect the Socceroos to draw an audience of around 500,000 nationally on free-to-air Ch 93.99 as they strive to get at least 4 goals. TV competition for that figure will come from the Final of Hell's Toilet Seats on Ch Seven, The Block on Ch 9's main Station & NCIS on Ch Ten.

ps, I hope Ange gets over some of his negativism towards the media criticism and motivates our National Team to a big win. He was quoted in today's
(5 Sept "The Australian" newspaper) as saying "But the one thing that miffed me though, is the bit about my demeanour".

Well, IMO stop looking at he ground during interviews Ange, and prove your many recent critics wrong!

Otherwise it will be the long Damascus-style road to Syria or Uzbekistan, then if we get over that - via Honduras or the U.S.A.

themessenger
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: OZ v. Thailand expected TV audience 7.30pm Tues 5/9/17

Post by themessenger »

Con M wrote:Sadly the National ratings last Thursday for Japan v OZ were only 327,000 on 9GO! (free-to-air Ch93.99) and 208,000 on Pay-and-pay FoxyTV. That game was up against the NRL QLD derby (live) and Sam Newman's footttee show on Channel Nine's main station.

Even though it is only Thailand, I still expect the Socceroos to draw an audience of around 500,000 nationally on free-to-air Ch 93.99 as they strive to get at least 4 goals. TV competition for that figure will come from the Final of Hell's Toilet Seats on Ch Seven, The Block on Ch 9's main Station & NCIS on Ch Ten.

ps, I hope Ange gets over some of his negativism towards the media criticism and motivates our National Team to a big win. He was quoted in today's
(5 Sept "The Australian" newspaper) as saying "But the one thing that miffed me though, is the bit about my demeanour".

Well, IMO stop looking at he ground during interviews Ange, and prove your many recent critics wrong!

Otherwise it will be the long Damascus-style road to Syria or Uzbekistan, then if we get over that - via Honduras or the U.S.A.
Does anyone seriously believe TV ratings?

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

themessenger wrote:
Con M wrote:Sadly the National ratings last Thursday for Japan v OZ were only 327,000 on 9GO! (free-to-air Ch93.99) and 208,000 on Pay-and-pay FoxyTV. That game was up against the NRL QLD derby (live) and Sam Newman's footttee show on Channel Nine's main station.

Umm, mega-rich advertisers on the highest-rating programs? Got a better method?

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Con M wrote:
themessenger wrote:

Umm, mega-rich advertisers on the highest-rating programs? Got a better method?

use a better system, where anyone can take part in the ratings gathering, not just those who watch afl, rugby, or cricket.

If you don't watch at least two of these regularly you are cancelled as being 'Unrepresentative'.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Grosso
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Grosso »

Your NT probably wont even qualify for the World Cup and you care about TV ratings?

The new dawn have their priorities wrong. Its not always about the corporate dollar chief.