Australia v UAE

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Australia v UAE

Post by ozzie owl »

Looks like another poor pitch and crowd tonight in Sydney.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/ ... -uae-clash

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Re: Australia v UAE

Post by Bomber »

2-1
Ignore this signature

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

Unfortunately the National Team are on the nose. Most people take it for granted that we will qualify - even though teams like Holland are all but out. I'm sure the NSW Government paid handsomely for the rites, but Sydney crowds are often poor. It always amazes me that the 'football snobs' will turn up for meaningless friendlies rather than support the National team in a World Cup qualifier. Have been to the last 3 World Cups in Germany - South Africa and Brazil, but Russia is a distant hope
Are you Bodo in disguise?

Jim's Username
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Jim's Username »

Holland has about as much chance of qualifying as Victoria does.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Just win. Any scoreline.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

eagleboy wrote:Just win. Any scoreline.
Up 1-0 after early goal from corner.

But struggle to keep control again, let down with poor disposal.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

32 fouls after 72 minutes and still no yellow cards.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Got what we wanted 2-0 win.

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

Jim's Username wrote:Holland has about as much chance of qualifying as Victoria does.
Exactly
Are you Bodo in disguise?

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

That was as bad a game that I have ever seen. Skill level of some Aussies very poor. I'll take the win but we need improvement . Juric has no idea and no skill. The loss of Mooy to suspension was big.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

ozzie owl wrote:
:lol: You're not even australian

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

God is an Englishman wrote:
ozzie owl wrote:
:lol: You're not even australian
I am. Your not.

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

eagleboy wrote:That was as bad a game that I have ever seen. Skill level of some Aussies very poor. I'll take the win but we need improvement . Juric has no idea and no skill. The loss of Mooy to suspension was big.
I was thinking the same thing during the game. I thought Smith had some potential but he had a very poor first half and the second was better but still not good. Troisi was our best IMO and there were a few others that did good bits here and there but they were hard to find.

I think we were a bit lucky that a couple of their key players had what appeared physical issues that meant they couldn't play at 100%. Their No 21 was probably the most skilful player on the park but I think at times he played for frees and was doing to much arm waving for my liking.

And that ref was all over the shop he made some good decisions but a lot of the time you were scratching your head in trying to understand if he had control or not and what he was doing and sometimes why he wasn't doing things. How you can go 3/4 of the game give out nearly 40 fouls and not give out 1 yellow and then in the last 15 minutes the yellows come out thick and fast was strange. Then there was him not having frees and throws not taken from the right places. Luckily that didn't lead to anything. I thought the game could have really got out of hand but luckily it only tinkered on the edge in the last 15 minutes.

But you take a win but I wouldn't get to excited because we will need to be much better than that if we are to qualify.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Mr Red wrote:
eagleboy wrote:That was as bad a game that I have ever seen. Skill level of some Aussies very poor. I'll take the win but we need improvement . Juric has no idea and no skill. The loss of Mooy to suspension was big.
I was thinking the same thing during the game. I thought Smith had some potential but he had a very poor first half and the second was better but still not good. Troisi was our best IMO and there were a few others that did good bits here and there but they were hard to find.

I think we were a bit lucky that a couple of their key players had what appeared physical issues that meant they couldn't play at 100%. Their No 21 was probably the most skilful player on the park but I think at times he played for frees and was doing to much arm waving for my liking.

And that ref was all over the shop he made some good decisions but a lot of the time you were scratching your head in trying to understand if he had control or not and what he was doing and sometimes why he wasn't doing things. How you can go 3/4 of the game give out nearly 40 fouls and not give out 1 yellow and then in the last 15 minutes the yellows come out thick and fast was strange. Then there was him not having frees and throws not taken from the right places. Luckily that didn't lead to anything. I thought the game could have really got out of hand but luckily it only tinkered on the edge in the last 15 minutes.

But you take a win but I wouldn't get to excited because we will need to be much better than that if we are to qualify.
Have to agree on the refereeing it easily blown up , lucky the players kept pretty calm. The thrown ins were a joke with some taken miles from where the ball went out. One incident the ball went near the corner flag and he allowed it to be taken about 20 metre away. Bailey Wright should have been as early as the first half for his persistent fouling.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Agree about the ref. He was all over the shop. There were hip and shoulders both ways similar to AFL and not penalised then he would pull up minor tackles.

Neyma
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Neyma »

Sorry to say it, things this is the worst National Team we have had in over 25 years. Nothing to do with tactics or coach, generally we are a lot further behind then media would care to admit. Quality just isn't there.

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

Neyma wrote:Sorry to say it, things this is the worst National Team we have had in over 25 years. Nothing to do with tactics or coach, generally we are a lot further behind then media would care to admit. Quality just isn't there.
Possibly the truest statement I have read on the forum in ages.
Stop kidding yourself Australia your national team is shite.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Old Redback wrote:
Neyma wrote:Sorry to say it, things this is the worst National Team we have had in over 25 years. Nothing to do with tactics or coach, generally we are a lot further behind then media would care to admit. Quality just isn't there.
I wouldn't say shite, but compared to 2006 when we had the likes of Viduka, Kewell, Aloisi, Bresciano, Grella, Neill, Schwarzer and a younger Cahill, it has some merit. Only Mooy and Ryan are on par from current squad.
Ignore this signature

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brian the Postman »

Bomber wrote:
Old Redback wrote:
I wouldn't say shite, but compared to 2006 when we had the likes of Viduka, Kewell, Aloisi, Bresciano, Grella, Neill, Schwarzer and a younger Cahill, it has some merit. Only Mooy and Ryan are on par from current squad.
To be fair Mooy and Ryan would have been fringe squad members compared to that squad.
It's all in the Delivery!

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

The defence in the first half was atrocious.

It's time to abandon this formation as the players cannot play it as they are too slow and can't read the game.

The only time the defence made a good impression on the game was when Behic came on.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by GaylyColouredStumps »

Old Master wrote:The defence in the first half was atrocious.

It's time to abandon this formation as the players cannot play it as they are too slow and can't read the game.

The only time the defence made a good impression on the game was when Behic came on.
And then you wonder why you are ridiculed
These users thanked the author Sunny Vanilla for the post:
Old Master, johndedes, theorakle, ozzie owl, suzie, thewabster, Za Dom Spremni

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Sunny Vanilla wrote:
Old Master wrote:The defence in the first half was atrocious.

And then you wonder why you are ridiculed
:lol:
Ignore this signature

Ice Adonis
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Ice Adonis »

:lol:
Also known as Yellow Boots