Aus v Brazil

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Aus v Brazil

Post by ozzie owl »

Awefull start , gifting goal to Brazil after 12 seconds.

Cornuto
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Aus v Brazil

Post by Cornuto »

Ozzues are a 4th rate opportunity opponent to most teams in the world.
Hence why they moved to Asian league.
Since 05-06 era, it's down down Ozzie she are down.
Crap players, WAY out of their league.
Their thuggery to oppositions teams is quite appalling to say the least.
They could even be competitive against Greece, and LUCKY to beat a poor Saudi Arabia

Grosso
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Grosso »

Should come as no surprise. All of your soccerwhos players are several levels below world class standard.

Cornuto
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Cornuto »

Grosso -Finally a comment form a football news user that knows the game :D
And is a truthful individual.
Unlike many on this forum who WANT to believe their country here is a football nation, they are kidding themselves. Those that believe the A/league is their saviour of the world game in this country, are kidding themselves..
AFL has only got stronger, women's afl has overtaken the A/league, and the level of players skill, and football brain is poor poor poor, as to are Most of the non football lovers who run clubs.
Junior coaching is poor, clubs are poor.
It's finished before it even started.

Grosso
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Grosso »

It is what it is.

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

Australian football summed up in 12 seconds.

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by GaylyColouredStumps »

Football in the country has never been better.

You only have to look back a couple of seasons when the A-League round 1 had over 100,000 spectators!
These users thanked the author Sunny Vanilla for the post:
Old Master, johndedes, theorakle, ozzie owl, suzie, thewabster, Za Dom Spremni

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

Sunny Vanilla wrote:Football in the country has never been better.

You only have to look back a couple of seasons when the A-League round 1 had over 100,000 spectators!
What about on the pitch?

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Could easily have been 7-1 last night, IMO the three at the back isn't working.

Ice Adonis
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Ice Adonis »

ozzie owl wrote:Could easily have been 7-1 last night, IMO the three at the back isn't working.
There's no way Australia could have scored seven.
Also known as Yellow Boots

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

I didn't see the game, were they as played off the pitch as much as 4-0 would suggest?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote:I didn't see the game, were they as played off the pitch as much as 4-0 would suggest?
Yes, although a friendly with umpteen subs in the second half might sound familiar. :wink:
Ignore this signature

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

ozzie owl wrote:Could easily have been 7-1 last night, IMO the three at the back isn't working.
What happened to the 4-3-3 formation that the FFA has built its structure around?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Whilst 3 at the back and a 3-4-3 is commendable in theory, you need the cattle to execute it. Assuming we make the World Cup, the bigger and better countries will ease past this formation I fear, mainly as our squad is made up of "second division" type players, who aren't in the same ball park as likely opponents.
Play the style/formation that best fits your team. Occasionally you'll see upsets in the FA Cup and League Cup by lower division teams. This only happens as they don't try and outplay the higher quality opposition, they try and stifle and frustrate it. Hell, Italy have even won World Cups playing like this, especially in the lead up games!
If Ange pulls this off, he will be a legend. But if it fails, it could be a huge fall from grace and it will take a while to recover.
Interesting times ahead.
Ignore this signature

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brian the Postman »

Bomber wrote:Whilst 3 at the back and a 3-4-3 is commendable in theory, you need the cattle to execute it. Assuming we make the World Cup, the bigger and better countries will ease past this formation I fear, mainly as our squad is made up of "second division" type players, who aren't in the same ball park as likely opponents.
Play the style/formation that best fits your team. Occasionally you'll see upsets in the FA Cup and League Cup by lower division teams. This only happens as they don't try and outplay the higher quality opposition, they try and stifle and frustrate it. Hell, Italy have even won World Cups playing like this, especially in the lead up games!
If Ange pulls this off, he will be a legend. But if it fails, it could be a huge fall from grace and it will take a while to recover.
Interesting times ahead.
Given Osieck got sacked after he experimented in friendlies and Farina got the bullet after a winless confederation Cup, is Ange under the hammer if they fail at the Confeds cup and we can't automatically qualify for the World Cup?
It's all in the Delivery!

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Brian the Postman wrote:
Bomber wrote:Whilst 3 at the back and a 3-4-3 is commendable in theory, you need the cattle to execute it. Assuming we make the World Cup, the bigger and better countries will ease past this formation I fear, mainly as our squad is made up of "second division" type players, who aren't in the same ball park as likely opponents.
Interesting times ahead.
Given Osieck got sacked after he experimented in friendlies and Farina got the bullet after a winless confederation Cup, is Ange under the hammer if they fail at the Confeds cup and we can't automatically qualify for the World Cup?
Tough games - Germany, Chile & Cameroon. Cant see us getting more than a point collectively but I guess it depends on outcomes. If we get pumped in any game/s and defence is shown up, then serious questions need to be asked, but that said, I think whilst its risky, I'd keep him on in any case as the players seem to believe in him and his vision. For now.
Ignore this signature

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Bomber wrote:
Brian the Postman wrote:
Interesting times ahead.
Tough games - Germany, Chile & Cameroon. Cant see us getting more than a point collectively but I guess it depends on outcomes. If we get pumped in any game/s and defence is shown up, then serious questions need to be asked, but that said, I think whilst its risky, I'd keep him on in any case as the players seem to believe in him and his vision. For now.
I agree, we are too far into it to change (though I felt the same when Farina got sacked) - however there is a lot on the line and failure isn't an option.

I wonder what Guus is up to these days.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Unfortunately, it looks like Ange is going to continue with 3 at the back in the Confederations Cup.

There is just no way this squad is capable of playing 3 at the back, too slow, not smart enough and not good enough.

They did actually play better against Brazil though than they did against the Saudis (except for the fact they conceded four) but they were just not capable of playing the system.

Go back to what we know they can play - 4 at the back.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Mad_Max
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Mad_Max »

Cornuto wrote:Grosso -Finally a comment form a football news user that knows the game :D
Unlike many on this forum who WANT to believe their country here is a football nation, they are kidding themselves. Those that believe the A/league is their saviour of the world game in this country, are kidding themselves..
AFL has only got stronger, women's afl has overtaken the A/league, and the level of players skill, and football brain is poor poor poor, as to are Most of the non football lovers who run clubs.
Grosso wrote:Should come as no surprise. All of your soccerwhos players are several levels below world class standard.
Now, if you're lucky, you could hack through your ankle in five minutes.

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by GaylyColouredStumps »

Please people. Remain calm. Let's refer to the FFA football curriculum which addresses all of your concerns.

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&sour ... _v4p7u6TSQ
These users thanked the author Sunny Vanilla for the post:
Old Master, johndedes, theorakle, ozzie owl, suzie, thewabster, Za Dom Spremni

Grosso
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Grosso »

God is an Englishman wrote:I didn't see the game, were they as played off the pitch as much as 4-0 would suggest?
that scoreline was actually flattering to the Socceroos

Grosso
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Grosso »

Mad_Max wrote:
Cornuto wrote:Grosso -Finally a comment form a football news user that knows the game :D
Grosso wrote:Should come as no surprise. All of your soccerwhos players are several levels below world class standard.
We all know Cornuto is your multi son.

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Old Master wrote:Unfortunately, it looks like Ange is going to continue with 3 at the back in the Confederations Cup.

There is just no way this squad is capable of playing 3 at the back, too slow, not smart enough and not good enough.

They did actually play better against Brazil though than they did against the Saudis (except for the fact they conceded four) but they were just not capable of playing the system.

Brazil were a bus and the Socceroos were passengers along for the ride, they had no say in where they were going.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Brian the Postman wrote:
Old Master wrote:Unfortunately, it looks like Ange is going to continue with 3 at the back in the Confederations Cup.

Brazil were a bus and the Socceroos were passengers along for the ride, they had no say in where they were going.

The main reason for that is the 3 at the back as in ln their matches since Ange introduced the system the defence has been breached so easily it has destroyed the defender's confidence in the coach.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details