Australia v Iraq

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Australia v Iraq

Post by Bomber »

1-0 win I reckon.
Ignore this signature

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Re: Australia v Iraq

Post by ozzie owl »

Australia 2-0.

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

Is it not on free to air?
H _ S T _ K _ buy a vowel?
----------------------------

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Pretty happy with that. I though everyone did their job pretty well. Smith was a little rusty but he worked into the game well. I'm happy to see Juric get on the score board. I'm a massive fan of starting him over Timmy.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

UAE knocking off Japan was interesting. If we can sneak a 1-0 win (or similar) away to UAE on Tuesday, will be a HUGE boost.

I trust OO had a punt on that 2-0 score line. :wink:
Ignore this signature

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Bomber wrote:UAE knocking off Japan was interesting. If we can sneak a 1-0 win (or similar) away to UAE on Tuesday, will be a HUGE boost.

I trust OO had a punt on that 2-0 score line. :wink:
If they are capable of that result. Although some dodgie refereeing helped. I think our lads are going to have a tough time of it over there.
I'd probably take a draw, although Milligan said post game that a lot of games over there end up being a bit of a blow out as one side can often run out of steam in the heat. If we can run them round early on hopefully that can be the case.

scar
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by scar »

Stuckey wrote:I'm happy to see Juric get on the score board. I'm a massive fan of starting him over Timmy.
Sorry Stuckey can't agree with you here bec I just don't rate Juric & I wouldn't have him in the Socceroos squad.(Yes managed to poke one in from close range & assisted in our 1st goal but I believe would definitely struggle against better teams). Timmy can still do a job off the bench.

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

scar wrote:
Stuckey wrote:I'm happy to see Juric get on the score board. I'm a massive fan of starting him over Timmy.
Sorry Stuckey can't agree with you here bec I just don't rate Juric & I wouldn't have him in the Socceroos squad.(Yes managed to poke one in from close range & assisted in our 1st goal but I believe would definitely struggle against better teams). Timmy can still do a job off the bench.
I agree Timmy still has a roll off the bench but he can't offer the same roll of working down the defence chasing every ball down. Juric offers that.
IMO the goal was just a bonus.

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Kosta Utd wrote:Is it not on free to air?
Shocking. A disgrace unto the FFA. A disgrace unto the Federal Communication Minister that our Country's World Cup Qualifier was not on free-to-air.

75% of the population without Lord Murdoch's FoxyTV were not even able to see a delayed replay on our SBS.

And sadly, there's some in the local community radio commentariat who have FoxTV taking the I'm-alright-Jack attitude towards the retired, the disadvantaged..

The Bluehearts
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The Bluehearts »

Yeah, the world owes me everything too.
Linda Linda

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

The Bluehearts wrote:Yeah, the world owes me everything too.
That's a bit heartless Braveheart, er Blueheart. No empathy for the retired, the disadvantaged, the MAJORITY without pay-and-pay TV?

And they can't even go to their local (rich) pokie baron pub to watch. Just a couple of examples off the top of my head which cried poor and dumped payTV - The Glynde and Oakden Central.

Splodgenessabounds
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Splodgenessabounds »

I want my MTV.
Children are like atomic radiation, tolerable in small doses but long term exposure is not good for your health.

FoundIt
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by FoundIt »

Con M wrote:
That's a bit heartless Braveheart, er Blueheart. No empathy for the retired, the disadvantaged, the MAJORITY without pay-and-pay TV?

And they can't even go to their local (rich) pokie baron pub to watch. Just a couple of examples off the top of my head which cried poor and dumped payTV - The Glynde and Oakden Central.
you know some people do not want to watch the socceroos live at that time? not everyone in the country want to watch it, even those who support the socceroos.

and we should make it free to everyone, but ask foxtel to pay big $$ for the rights so we can boost our league?

yep. good ideas.
Im closer than you think

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Con M wrote:

The Glynde has pay tv, just not the channels that you want.

There must be something in the cost and clientele at the pub seeing that a pub not far away owned by the same person has the full range of Fox Sports showing.