Socceroos Starting 11

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Socceroos Starting 11

Post by adelaidebloke »

What is your 11 for the Socceroos Thursday night at Adelaide Oval

Mine is
RYAN

SMITH SAINSBURY WILKINSON MCGOWAN

JEDINAK

LECKIE ROGIC LUONGO KRUSE

CAHILL

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Socceroos Starting 11

Post by Stuckey »

..................................Ryan
Risdon/McGowan..Sainbury..Wright..Smith
................................Jednak
.........................Mooy.........Luongo
................Leckie.........Cahill.........Burns

Subs:
Giannou - Cahill
Ikonomidis - Burns
Rogic - Luongo.

PS. Ange please play Mooy the entire 180 mins so hopefully he's cactus when he returns to City! :D

BruceLee
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by BruceLee »

Shame antonis got injured. Was looking forward to seeing him now he is in form in a decent league

Great to see kruse back. Our best player imo

Leckie in career best form too apparently

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

BruceLee wrote:Shame antonis got injured. Was looking forward to seeing him now he is in form in a decent league

Great to see kruse back. Our best player imo

Leckie in career best form too apparently
Funny I feel like we've rarely seen much from Kruse. I find whenever he gets the ball on the wing he loses his head and his runs amount to very little, when he gets past defenders its often with an element of luck. Obviously the kid can play otherwise he wouldn't be in a Bundesliga side.
But I just feel like we must be missing something from him.

BruceLee
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by BruceLee »

Yeh i guess i should clarify that. I think he has the most ability.

I think fit and firing he is our best, which he hasnt been able to do for Australia consistently. But then again who has? Matt Ryan is probably the title holder currently

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

BruceLee wrote:Yeh i guess i should clarify that. I think he has the most ability.

I think fit and firing he is our best, which he hasnt been able to do for Australia consistently. But then again who has? Matt Ryan is probably the title holder currently
Cahill has done pretty well when he's played too! :lol:

BruceLee
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by BruceLee »

[quote="Stuckey"][quote="BruceLee"]Yeh i guess i should clarify that. I think he has the most ability.

I think fit and firing he is our best, which he hasnt been able to do for Australia consistently. But then again who has? Matt Ryan is probably the title holder currently[/quote]
Cahill has done pretty well when he's played too! :lol:[/quote]

Yeh for sure hes done though now. Time to move on. Super sub at best. Especially with giannou in the mix now. If he wasnt a national treasure i reckon ange would have phased him out already

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

BruceLee wrote:
Stuckey wrote:
BruceLee wrote:Yeh i guess i should clarify that. I think he has the most ability.

Cahill has done pretty well when he's played too! :lol:
Yeh for sure hes done though now. Time to move on. Super sub at best. Especially with giannou in the mix now. If he wasnt a national treasure i reckon ange would have phased him out already
I think it's starting to appear that way but I'll pass judgment after Giannou faces a stronger line up. He looked excellent on the back of very little training but it was Tajikistan.

BruceLee
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by BruceLee »

Kruse and leckie showed a good example of the vast difference in football ability between the two imo

Like i said. Our best player

Liking what im seeing from mooy too though. Such a complete player. Tackling and good engine to add to his touch and creativity. I wonder where his ceiling is?

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

BruceLee wrote:Kruse and leckie showed a good example of the vast difference in football ability between the two imo

Like i said. Our best player

Liking what im seeing from mooy too though. Such a complete player. Tackling and good engine to add to his touch and creativity. I wonder where his ceiling is?
Yeah very impressed with Kruse. I agree Mooy is class. I'll be very surprised if he's not in Europe next season.