Macedonia vs Australia

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

wizard
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Macedonia vs Australia

Post by wizard »

I can't believe I watched this game and not the Germany game.

0-0, very few chances from either side.
It was good to see Elrich get a game for Australia. He played well, although took him a while to get settled into the game I thought.

The first 5-10 minutes Aus were all over Macedonia, it looked like we were going to put in another decent performance. Not sure what happened after that though. Macedonia were probably ther better side for long periods of the first half.
Luongo was invisible in the first half and Mooy was busy. The 2 never seemed to gel too well though.

Second half was much of the same. Leckie found some space in the 18 yard box and got a shot off but it was pretty well saved. Would have liked to see him score from there though.

Pretty disappoiting result and performance really.

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Macedonia vs Australia

Post by gone »

wizard wrote:I can't believe I watched this game and not the Germany game.

0-0, very few chances from either side.
It was good to see Elrich get a game for Australia. He played well, although took him a while to get settled into the game I thought.

The first 5-10 minutes Aus were all over Macedonia, it looked like we were going to put in another decent performance. Not sure what happened after that though. Macedonia were probably ther better side for long periods of the first half.
Luongo was invisible in the first half and Mooy was busy. The 2 never seemed to gel too well though.

Second half was much of the same. Leckie found some space in the 18 yard box and got a shot off but it was pretty well saved. Would have liked to see him score from there though.

Pretty disappoiting result and performance really.
Agreed, just didn't have the creativity (apart from Leckie's individual skill) to break the opposition down. Macedonia happy to just sit 10 men behind the ball and try and hit us on the break. Might have been good for their morale to keep a clean sheet, but made the game as dull as JD's brain.
Stirling District (est 1967) 32 seasons successfully avoiding a Championship then this
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2004 Div 1 & Champion of Champions
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B