Asian Cup Final live on ABC1, 7pm Sat 31 Jan

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Asian Cup Final live on ABC1, 7pm Sat 31 Jan

Post by Con M »

Free-to-air ABC1 is shifting it's traditional 7pm News service to 6.30pm to show the Asian Cup Live at 7pm.

This is great news for the 75% majority of the population who don't have pay and pay TV. Hopefully our ABC has some money left after Abbott's budget cuts to publicize this game
everywhere and achieve bumper TV ratings of this sellout Asian Cup Final.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Re: Asian Cup Final live on ABC1, 7pm Sat 31 Jan

Post by Old Master »

Con M wrote:Free-to-air ABC1 is shifting it's traditional 7pm News service to 6.30pm to show the Asian Cup Live at 7pm.

This is great news for the 75% majority of the population who don't have pay and pay TV. Hopefully our ABC has some money left after Abbott's budget cuts to publicize this game

Perhaps it's because of the ABC's refound 'love affair' with Football that Abbott cut their allowance?
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

Old Master wrote:
Con M wrote:Free-to-air ABC1 is shifting it's traditional 7pm News service to 6.30pm to show the Asian Cup Live at 7pm.

Perhaps it's because of the ABC's refound 'love affair' with Football that Abbott cut their allowance?
Do you think he is Irish Catholic?
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

I hope everyone has cancelled training....

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Ok so while the others go at it on the other thread can we actually discuss the game on this one?
A capacity crowd will flock to Stadium Australia to watch the Socceroos play Korea Republic in the final of the 2015 AFC Asian Cup.
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/ ... c-sold-out

Wonderful news!

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Passing accuracy: Australia 86.7 per cent Korea Republic 81.9 per cent

Most impressive!

......waiting for one of the usually suspects to inform me stats don't matter only goals do.

Socca
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Socca »

Stuckey wrote:
Passing accuracy: Australia 86.7 per cent Korea Republic 81.9 per cent

Most impressive!

......waiting for one of the usually suspects to inform me stats don't matter only goals do.
A lot of us know stats don't lie, and will probably be correct and correspond to the final result 90% of the time

It's the 10% when the stats go against the final result, that uneducated peanuts come out to bag a coach, player, system or tactic