Australia v UAE Semi Final

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Australia v UAE Semi Final

Post by ozzie owl »

Well done UAE showed great character in beating Japan.

Now Australia v UAE in Newcastle .

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Re: Australia v UAE Semi Final

Post by Knight15 »

Yes good fighting display although Australia should be good enough to get a result against them
Are you Bodo in disguise?

The Bourne Identity
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The Bourne Identity »

Well done UAE. This has made my day.
I can't put my finger on it but I think my avatar looks like Jay Walking.

BruceLee
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by BruceLee »

I was pretty confident we would match up well against Japan. I think we will match up better v UAE. Our pressing style and with them having a day less rest and extra time. If we get an early goal we should win comfortably

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

I'd certainly rather play UAE than Japan. Just as long as we don't underestimate them (which I can't see Ange allowing to happen).
Stirling District (est 1967) 32 seasons successfully avoiding a Championship then this
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2004 Div 1 & Champion of Champions
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

otto62 wrote:I'd certainly rather play UAE than Japan. Just as long as we don't underestimate them (which I can't see Ange allowing to happen).
Yeah. As long as we take an early chance which will make them alter their tactics and chase the game more we'll be fine. The longer we go without scoring the more they'll sit back and push for additional time while trying to take a chance on a counter attack.

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

yes early goal to the socceroos, changes UAE tactics and forces them to open up and leave gaps at the back.

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Achtung! Attention forumites (except God Isn't An Englishman who doesn't watch this stuff).

The semi is live & direct on our ABC1 at 7.30pm South Aussie time.

Go our National Team!

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Huge game .

Scoreline prediction: Australia 2-0 .

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

Con M wrote:Achtung! Attention forumites (except God Isn't An Englishman who doesn't watch this stuff).

Go our National Team!
Hopefully all junior training cancelled.
Time for some righteous indignation

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

Yeeeesssss!!! Early goal as requested!
Stirling District (est 1967) 32 seasons successfully avoiding a Championship then this
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

Oh yes!!! 2-0!!! You little beauty!!!
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Stitch This wrote:
Con M wrote:Achtung! Attention forumites (except God Isn't An Englishman who doesn't watch this stuff).

Go our National Team!
Hopefully all junior training cancelled.
Oh not this again, Stitch That. You forgot that your post should be dripping in sarcastic blue. Heaven forbid that the occasional junior coach gather his charges and let his players watch their country (which the majority were probably born in). What a disgrace if some clubs didn't postpone training. An absolute disgrace.

otto62
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by otto62 »

Has it finished yet?
I'm not playing anymore and I'm taking my ball and going home.

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

Sasaki Nozomi wrote:Has it finished yet?
Is that what you ask all the boys?

otto62
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by otto62 »

Who won? Work wasn't cancelled for this. It's an outrage con.
I'm not playing anymore and I'm taking my ball and going home.

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

Sasaki Nozomi wrote:Who won? Work wasn't cancelled for this. It's an outrage con.
Damn I don't know either and the suspense is killing me if only I had the Internet

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Sasaki Nozomi wrote:Who won? Work wasn't cancelled for this. It's an outrage con.
:lol: Positively dripping with sarcasm
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

Great result!

Sainsbury was immense. Surely he will move to a bigger club in the very near future.
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

otto62 wrote:Yeeeesssss!!! Early goal as requested!
That's all I asked for! So happy when that went in!

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Sasaki Nozomi wrote:Has it finished yet?
?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Good work. Minimum acceptable placing achieved (playing in the final). Now just for one more.......... :)
Ignore this signature

BPBC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BPBC »

Yep agree Bomber although wont be happy unless we win the final, 4 wins in our last 5 games and making it to the final has shown we have made the progress that we needed to start making.

I wonder how that devastating loss against South Korea in the vitally important dead rubber has effected our Asian Cup. Shame on you Ange

Good game last night, UAE came out and played very well in that 2nd half, Sainsbury and Spiranovich played bl00dy well.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

BPBC wrote:Yep agree Bomber although wont be happy unless we win the final, 4 wins in our last 5 games and making it to the final has shown we have made the progress that we needed to start making.

I wonder how that devastating loss against South Korea in the vitally important dead rubber has effected our Asian Cup. Shame on you Ange

Good game last night, UAE came out and played very well in that 2nd half, Sainsbury and Spiranovich played bl00dy well.
Yes, same. Given the WC was used (to a degree) as an experiment (risky as that was), the back end had to come with some decent stuff. So far, they have delivered in this tournament, but to win it is paramount in the scheme of things.
Ignore this signature

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

BPBC wrote:Yep agree Bomber although wont be happy unless we win the final, 4 wins in our last 5 games and making it to the final has shown we have made the progress that we needed to start making.

Didn't we win 7-0 in the semi-final of the last Asian cup to get through to the final?

So how much progress has there been really?
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Black_Panther wrote:

Didn't we win 7-0 in the semi-final of the last Asian cup to get through to the final?

Same question would have been asked of Italy. After winning in 06 they were knocked out in the group stage in 2010. IMO we can draw the same conclusion. Sticking with the same squad and limiting the amount of time the next generation get clearly has a lasting effect.
Also we beat the Uzzies 6-0.

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

Stuckey wrote:
Black_Panther wrote:

Same question would have been asked of Italy. After winning in 06 they were knocked out in the group stage in 2010. IMO we can draw the same conclusion. Sticking with the same squad and limiting the amount of time the next generation get clearly has a lasting effect.
How is it progress then if the results aren't as good?

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Black_Panther wrote:
Stuckey wrote:
Black_Panther wrote:

That's what I'm getting at. IMO before Ange came along there wasn't any progression. Holger took us backwards.

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

Stuckey wrote:
Black_Panther wrote:
Stuckey wrote:Same question would have been asked of Italy. After winning in 06 they were knocked out in the group stage in 2010. IMO we can draw the same conclusion. Sticking with the same squad and limiting the amount of time the next generation get clearly has a lasting effect.
That's what I'm getting at. IMO before Ange came along there wasn't any progression. Holger took us backwards.
How did Holger take us backwards if his results are better than what they are now?

Hasn't Ange taken us backwards?

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Black_Panther wrote:
Stuckey wrote:
Black_Panther wrote:
How did Holger take us backwards if his results are better than what they are now?

Hasn't Ange taken us backwards?
Ok if you're looking at results. When was the last time Ange lost 6-0 two games in a row?