OZ versus China QF live on ABC2

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: OZ versus China QF live on ABC2

Post by Raich Carter »

Slinky_Pete wrote:
Mackem Lad wrote: Absolutley, Harper is a complete fool and was it only me but who the hell is Gerard Whately and what was he doing on the panel?
He's actually a highly qualified journalist. Hosts an ABC sports program & a commentator for ABC Grandstand, and I assume since it was live on ABC, they wanted a commentator from their stall. I didn't hear the sound, as the pub I was in had music on instead (vision was there).
Whose strength is AFL as he also co-hosts on Fox footy. He was shite and made sure he referred to the game as soccer, out of the same mold as the 5AA lot, jump on the wagon when we are at the forefront.
When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

ozzie owl wrote:
BPBC wrote:Used to actually half enjoy Harpers commentary 10 years ago, found it a bit wity and original. Since then he's gradually got worse to the point that he just sounds like a complete dipsh!t now. Mind you it seems to be a common theme with a few of them
I have to agree Harper does wear on you as the game goes on.

....especially when he uses words like "incursion" over and over
Ignore this signature

Russki Claw
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Russki Claw »

Have to say, I reckon Fox need a clear out with the commentary team.
Slater is the expert of hindsight, Harper just does my head in with his inability to stay consistent- one minute it is game over, next it is game on, dependent on who is playing of course.
Cockerill is not much better.

Simon Hill the only one who comes across as professional and I don't mind, but then they shiraz that up by pairing him with Harper or Slater!

otto62
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by otto62 »

Con M wrote:Good to hear that our ABC is broadcasting the do-or-die Asian Cup Quarter Final between our Country and China live on ABC2 at 8.30pm Thursday 22 January.

That will be good for the 75% majority of the population who don't have pay and pay TV.

I hope Abbott left our ABC with a token of funding to publicize this good news. With no other live sport in Australia this Thursday evening there could be bumper ratings for good ol' Aunty ABC.
Did they follow the correct protocol for listing the teams?
I'm not playing anymore and I'm taking my ball and going home.

Shintaro
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Shintaro »

Russki Claw wrote:Have to say, I reckon Fox need a clear out with the commentary team.
Slater is the expert of hindsight, Harper just does my head in with his inability to stay consistent- one minute it is game over, next it is game on, dependent on who is playing of course.

Simon Hill the only one who comes across as professional and I don't mind, but then they shiraz that up by pairing him with Harper or Slater!
worst is Zelic, sounds more like Pauline Hanson and half of what he says adds nothing.

BruceLee
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by BruceLee »

Russki Claw wrote:Have to say, I reckon Fox need a clear out with the commentary team.

I agree but who are you going to replace them with? It's not like they will pay big bucks like in the middle east for some English guys.

Also Shintaro I like zelic, I reckon a lot of other people do too

Yeh Harper and Slater are the worst. The guy that runs the show likes them though so don't expect them to go anywhere soon

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Apparently 2m people tuned in to watch the game. I hope all FTA channels are paying attention to that!