Australia vs Korea

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Re: Australia vs Korea

Post by Bomber »

Dont start celebrating yet
Ignore this signature

Socca
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Socca »

Bomber wrote:Dont start celebrating yet
Who's celebrating ?

Just asking a question to someone who didn't care how Australia played vs Korea, only the fact that the tactics and result were a disaster, and that Australia had to play the top placed team in the QF, because apparently when you come top in your group you must be the strongest

Socca
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Socca »

And then when he comes back and says that Japan outplayed UAE and were the better, stronger team and deserved to win, thats when I'll ask 'so playing better then your opponent does matter now? '

IMO as long as a team is playing well, outplaying their opponents, and creating lots of chances then the coach can't do much more
It's up to the players to put the shiraz thing in the back of the net, with some luck too sometimes, and if they don't then players need take some responsibility, and not blame the coach and his tactics for the loss

If they play sh*t and deserve to lose, then yes blame the coach

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Socca wrote:And then when he comes back and says that Japan outplayed UAE and were the better, stronger team and deserved to win, thats when I'll ask 'so playing better then your opponent does matter now? cheap and nasty

IMO as long as a team is playing well, outplaying their opponents, and creating lots of chances then the coach can't do much more
It's up to the players to put the shiraz thing in the back of the net, with some luck too sometimes, and if they don't then players need take some responsibility, and not blame the coach and his tactics for the loss

If they play sh*t and deserve to lose, then yes blame the coach
+1

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Ok, rather than create a new topic, this one should do regarding the final.

Outcome?

This time the Oz to win a tight game - 1-1 after full time but win 2-1 in extra time.
Ignore this signature

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

Bomber wrote:Ok, rather than create a new topic, this one should do regarding the final.

Outcome?

This time the Oz to win a tight game - 1-1 after full time but win 2-1 in extra time.
Yeah it's hard to pick a winner in this one, Korea is one of the few Asian countries that can stand up to us physically so to some extent that will nullify our threat from set pieces and high balls into the box.
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

otto62
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by otto62 »

Bomber wrote:Ok, rather than create a new topic, this one should do regarding the final.
The fixture syntax is wrong.
I'm not playing anymore and I'm taking my ball and going home.

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

Sasaki Nozomi wrote:
The fixture syntax is wrong.
How do you keep up with all your personalities?

Do you go on other forums pretending to be a teenage Asian girl
Are you Bodo in disguise?

otto62
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by otto62 »

It's just a username - deal with it.

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Black_Panther wrote:

Outcome?

Yeah it's hard to pick a winner in this one, Korea is one of the few Asian countries that can stand up to us physically so to some extent that will nullify our threat from set pieces and high balls into the box.
:lol: Another bold prediction. :wink:
I agree with Bomber we'll take it in extra time.
Just to add to the romance

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

Sasaki Nozomi wrote:It's just a username - deal with it.
Actually it's a username and a picture - not sure why a middle aged man would use a picture of an Asian girl and name as their username - perhaps you think it's funny and quirky perhaps you have other reasons

As a parent I find it disturbing

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

Knight15 wrote:
Actually it's a username and a picture - not sure why a middle aged man would use a picture of an Asian girl and name as their username - perhaps you think it's funny and quirky perhaps you have other reasons

Especially as this is a forum frequented by teenage boys.
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

Cloister
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Cloister »

I'm sure there are a few people on here who use tv personalities as their username.
How ironic is my avatar?

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

Stuckey wrote:
Black_Panther wrote:

Outcome?

I think anyone that has followed the Socceroos for more than 5 minutes wouldn't help but feel a bit nervous when success is so close.

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Black_Panther wrote:
Stuckey wrote:
Black_Panther wrote:
I think anyone that has followed the Socceroos for more than 5 minutes wouldn't help but feel a bit nervous when success is so close.
Yeah mate anyone who follows anyone feels that way. Its called caring about you're side. Even the mighty Barca sides of a few years back would have had their fans feeling nervous before the UCL triumphs.

otto62
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by otto62 »

Knight15 wrote:

Why bring race into it?
Would you be as offended if it was Katy Perry?

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

Sasaki Nozomi wrote:
Knight15 wrote:

Why bring race into it?

Mate, don't dare play the race card, I point out you are 'pretending to be a young Asian girl', because you are pretending to be a 'young Asian girl'. Most wouldn't know she is a celebrity although I'm sure she would be flattered by your interest

And if you had a picture of Katy Perry and called yourself Katy Perry I would assume you were a young girl, so yes, once I found out you were a middle aged man, I would be concerned

I don't get offended easily, I assume your not a parent - why don't you stick to using your other usernames, you have already posted under a different name about 3 posts up?

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

Knight15 wrote:I don't get offended easily, I assume your not a parent - why don't you stick to using your other usernames, you have already posted under a different name about 3 posts up?
People tend to assume far too much on here :lol:
Time for some righteous indignation

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

Anyway heading over tomorrow looking forward to this one, I think Australia 2-0 winners

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

Knight15 wrote:
Sasaki Nozomi wrote:
Knight15 wrote:

Why bring race into it?

Mate, don't dare play the race card, I point out you are 'pretending to be a young Asian girl', because you are pretending to be a 'young Asian girl'. Most wouldn't know she is a celebrity although I'm sure she would be flattered by your interest

And if you had a picture of Katy Perry and called yourself Katy Perry I would assume you were a young girl, so yes, once I found out you were a middle aged man, I would be concerned

I don't get offended easily, I assume your not a parent - why don't you stick to using your other usernames, you have already posted under a different name about 3 posts up?
So he's pretending to be a girl, but you know exactly who it is.

Not sure that's pretending.

Socca
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Socca »

Knight15 wrote:

So you're pretending to be a 15yo boy

That's also disturbing

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

Socca wrote:
Knight15 wrote:

That's also disturbing
Yeah nice one, perhaps I play for a team called Knights and my number is 15? If I had a picture of a 15 year old boy then fair enough

Socca
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Socca »

Well perhaps Sasaki is a Japanese girl studying in Adelaide

There are currently a few Japanese players around the place locally

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

Socca wrote:Well perhaps Sasaki is a Japanese girl studying in Adelaide

Has he convinced you that he is a Japanese girl?

When do you go on your date?

Socca
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Socca »

Black_Panther wrote:
Socca wrote:Well perhaps Sasaki is a Japanese girl studying in Adelaide

Has he convinced you that he is a Japanese girl?

When do you go on your date?
http://youtu.be/BzVXbeASRiQ

otto62
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by otto62 »

Knight15 wrote: Mate, don't dare play the race card, I point out you are 'pretending to be a young Asian girl', because you are pretending to be a 'young Asian girl'. Most wouldn't know she is a celebrity although I'm sure she would be flattered by your interest

You're the one who mentioned race three times (twice in this thread and once in another) for no apparent reason.

otto62
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by otto62 »

Knight15 wrote:
Socca wrote:
Knight15 wrote:

That's also disturbing
Yeah nice one, perhaps I play for a team called Knights and my number is 15? If I had a picture of a 15 year old boy then fair enough
You also said "Most wouldn't know she is a celebrity" but I'm guessing the people who have heard of her far outweigh those who have heard of your knights.

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

You make no sense - on a football forum I use my team and number - as my signature

You use a young Asian female - picture and name

I say young Asian female - because that's what she is - its not racist to describe a person in that manner you can play that card all you like

I know you are a middle aged man as you sometimes use a different username to answer a question to a different username - having said that others on here who aren't as used to you don't know that - as confirmed by a previous post

You obviously don't see anything wrong with people mistaking you for a young Asian female which I find disturbing

Got it all now?

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

Knight15 wrote:You make no sense - on a football forum I use my team and number - as my signature

You use a young Asian female - picture and name

I say young Asian female - because that's what she is - its not racist to describe a person in that manner you can play that card all you like

I know you are a middle aged man as you sometimes use a different username to answer a question to a different username - having said that others on here who aren't as used to you don't know that - as confirmed by a previous post

You obviously don't see anything wrong with people mistaking you for a young Asian female which I find disturbing

Got it all now?
Knight, just ignore the attention seeking fool. If he keeps digging the hole, just let him.
Stirling District (est 1967) 32 seasons successfully avoiding a Championship then this
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2004 Div 1 & Champion of Champions
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular