Asian diving championships

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Asian diving championships

Post by God is an Englishman »

I was watching this tonight and in between dives they showed some bloke kicking a football around.

I think the judges will give Kuwait a narrow win over Australia in this heat

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Re: Asian diving championships

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote:I was watching this tonight and in between dives they showed some bloke kicking a football around.

Reminded me of a recent Arsenal game
Ignore this signature

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

God is an Englishman wrote:I was watching this tonight and in between dives they showed some bloke kicking a football around.

Oh dear the bitter little ex pom who is forced to be here comes up with the decades worst ever wind up 4-1 get in there
Are you Bodo in disguise?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Knight15 wrote:

Oh dear the bitter little ex pom who is forced to be here comes up with the decades worst ever wind up 4-1 get in there

Ex Pom?

Hardly a wind up, the diving was beyond a joke.

fossil
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by fossil »

Leckie had to get the best of the night for the worst dive ever :oops:

If Ang says this shite is acceptable need only loook back to the WC and italy, bloody disgrace

Glad the ref didn't pay the free but he should have given Leckie a card

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Knight15 wrote:

Ex Pom?

In the context of professional and World football, a lot of players falling over easily....hardly a diving competition...I classify a dive as when a player goes over without contact...each to their own :)
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

How does the OED define a dive?

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Knight15 wrote:

Ex Pom?

But what is the answer, God Isn't An Englishman?

I thought naming and shaming divers in the media would make them desist, but that alone doesn't seem to be completely working.

Players would stop doing it if they knew they would get punished, but the (still) standing IFAB ruling is that retrospective punishment after the match cannot be used.

Maybe an experienced panel could meet after matches and punish the obvious cases, but not the grey-area ones. But this issue won't even be on next month's IFAB agenda.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

God is an Englishman wrote:How does the OED define a dive?
Soccer (Of a player) deliberately fall when challenged in order to deceive the referee into awarding a foul.

OED doesn't have a definition referring to 'football' only soccer !
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Knight15 wrote:

Ex Pom?

See plenty of diving in EPL each week.

Scholes
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Scholes »

WOW, WORLD SHATTERING NEWS!!! australia has defeated the the highly fancied world power of football, Kuwait 4-1!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

ozzie owl wrote:
See plenty of diving in EPL each week.
Yes you do, relevance?

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

B.Toomer wrote:WOW, WORLD SHATTERING NEWS!!! australia has defeated the the highly fancied world power of football, Kuwait 4-1!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Who should we have beaten last night instead of Kuwait? :clown:
Stirling District (est 1967) 32 seasons successfully avoiding a Championship then this
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2004 Div 1 & Champion of Champions
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Knight15 wrote:

Ex Pom?

But what is the answer, God Isn't An Englishman? REPEAT: WHAT IS THE ANSWER, GOD ISN'T AN ENGLISHMAN?

I thought naming and shaming divers in the media would make them desist, but that alone doesn't seem to be completely working.

Players would stop doing it if they knew they would get punished, but the (still) standing IFAB ruling is that retrospective punishment after the match cannot be used.

Maybe an experienced panel could meet after matches and punish the obvious cases, but not the grey-area ones. But this issue won't even be on next month's IFAB agenda, will it, God Isn't An Englishman?

Please post here with your answer/solution.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Retrospective bookings on tv evidence and also upping the punishment to match the crime.

Player dives he risks a caution, but if the ref is tricked he could be showing a red card to the offender.

We also need to ensure that kids do not try to emulate their heroes. Coaches have to be bold at all levels and sub or suspend players who dive.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

otto62 wrote:
B.Toomer wrote:WOW, WORLD SHATTERING NEWS!!! australia has defeated the the highly fancied world power of football, Kuwait 4-1!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You can only beat what's in front of you but the way some are carrying on you have beaten a good side.

ZiggyPop
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by ZiggyPop »

At least they are being positive. :P
Bye

COLOSSUS
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by COLOSSUS »

Be happy Kuwait took the lead in the first 5 mins of the game & not the last 15 bcoz from then on it would of been a diving fest with stretchers brought out for every dive :wink:
Hawkesy wrote:COLOSSUS...........Congratulations, you have won the title fair a square.

PLEASE WELCOME THE NEW WNID UP KING

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

God is an Englishman wrote:Retrospective bookings on tv evidence and also upping the punishment to match the crime.

Player dives he risks a caution, but if the ref is tricked he could be showing a red card to the offender.

We also need to ensure that kids do not try to emulate their heroes. Coaches have to be bold at all levels and sub or suspend players who dive.
Agree with last para 'bout role model to kids. Sadly though, many coaches wouldn't sub or suspend their stars.

As for the first 2 paragraphs, can you really see 6 Board members out of the 8 on IFAB vote that way to adopt retrospectivity?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Con M wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:Retrospective bookings on tv evidence and also upping the punishment to match the crime.

Agree with last para 'bout role model to kids. Sadly though, many coaches wouldn't sub or suspend their stars.

As for the first 2 paragraphs, can you really see 6 Board members out of the 8 on IFAB vote that way to adopt retrospectivity?

No chance because it would go against the basis of not "re-refereeing" games. I know of one SA Premier League coach who has told his players he will sub them if they dive.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Con M wrote:

No chance because it would go against the basis of not "re-refereeing" games. I know of one SA Premier League coach who has told his players he will sub them if they dive.
Even if it wins them a penalty in injury time to win the game? I doubt it. BUT, if he is true to his word and acts on this without exception, then I take my hat off to him.
Ignore this signature

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

otto62 wrote:
Perhaps Mr Toomer is lacking in geography, or just doesnt realise there is an Asian championship going on and which teams are in that confederation.
Ignore this signature

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

Lol another bitter ex pom 4-1 is a great result in any major tournament when did your beloved (sic) England last win 4-1 in a major tournament :)

I know you are looking forward to Australia losing (I don't think they will win the comp but you never know) which to be honest is a little sad but if it makes you happy then knock yourself out!

Scholes
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Scholes »

Ex? I'm English, proud of my good furtune & always will be. Major tournament? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You're having a laugh!

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

B.Toomer wrote:Ex? I'm English, proud of my good furtune & always will be. Major tournament? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You're having a laugh!

Lol you may have been born there but your no longer English you just like having a go

Team Australia get on board

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Knight15 wrote:
B.Toomer wrote:Ex? I'm English, proud of my good furtune & always will be. Major tournament? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You're having a laugh!

Lol you may have been born there but your no longer English you just like having a go

How is he no longer English? How am I an ex Pom?

I'm sure England could get an easy win if we changed confederations to get an easier route?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Knight15 wrote:

How is he no longer English? How am I an ex Pom?

I'm sure England could get an easy win if we changed confederations to get an easier route?
Easier route to where?
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

To a World Cup obviously. You failed to qualify via Oceania and qualified for every World Cup since moving. Australia is not in Asia.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote:To a World Cup obviously. You failed to qualify via Oceania and qualified for every World Cup since moving. Australia is not in Asia.
You do realise this is a separate tournament?

Fact, we did qualify via Oceania and I'd love to see how many WC's your lot would have qualified for if you had to play Argies or Uruguay in play offs first.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:To a World Cup obviously. You failed to qualify via Oceania and qualified for every World Cup since moving. Australia is not in Asia.
You do realise this is a separate tournament?

Fact, we did qualify via Oceania and I'd love to see how many WC's your lot would have qualified for if you had to play Argies or Uruguay in play offs first.
I was wondering why this tournament didn't have any decent teams in it, thanks for explaining that.

As for playing Argentina etc, as I said you moved for an easier route. I don't blame you, if I was as ugly as the Australian team I'd probably shag a fat ginger as well.