Aussie football in good hands

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

DMT
Club Captain
Club Captain

Aussie football in good hands

Post by DMT »

Did anyone watch the interview on Shootout with Ange P vs the idioto Bozza?
http://www.foxsports.com.au/video?v=ang ... 741&vc=204

Idioto Bozza: Are you going to change or tweak your tactics?

Ange P: No, I'm building a style and team for the future

Idioto Bozza: a) If you had a chance to win the Asian Cup with a change in style would you? or b) you don't change and get into the semi only?

Ange P: How about option C) I keep my style and we win it. :lol: :lol:

Ange putting his team under pressure and deliberately playing difficult teams to make the players build and grow past the next 12 months.

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Aussie football in good hands

Post by Black_Panther »

I thought it was a pretty soft interview, very matey, which the show is pretty much about tbf (no where near as confrontational as Craig Foster was in the past with Ange - though Foster was pushing it with the tone of his interview).

I'm glad that Ange has the courage of his convictions, but sooner rather than later the spin and 'philosophy' needs to translate into results.
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

MG&Son
Star Player
Star Player

Post by MG&Son »

Why is Bozza an idiot?

If ye cannae dae the bouncy you're a Tim!
If ye cannae dae the bouncy you're a Tim!
If ye cannae dae the bouncy, cannae dae the bouncy,
Cannae dae the bouncy you're a Tim!

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

MG&Son wrote:Why is Bozza an idiot?
It could be genetic?
Stirling District (est 1967) 32 seasons successfully avoiding a Championship then this
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2004 Div 1 & Champion of Champions
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by GaylyColouredStumps »

otto62 wrote:
It could be genetic?
:lol:
These users thanked the author Sunny Vanilla for the post:
Old Master, johndedes, theorakle, ozzie owl, suzie, thewabster, Za Dom Spremni

Adi
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Adi »

Yep I also saw this as a soft interview. Ange is very astute and a very good coach who clearly knows what he wants from his team in terms of performance and methodology. My only thought is that he has been very fortunate to be able to concentrate on development with the Senior National Team International matches at the expense of results. Very few coaches, if any, anywhere in the world have been afforded that luxury. January will change all of that and the results will have to be there.

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

Adi wrote:Yep I also saw this as a soft interview. Ange is very astute and a very good coach who clearly knows what he wants from his team in terms of performance and methodology. My only thought is that he has been very fortunate to be able to concentrate on development with the Senior National Team International matches at the expense of results. Very few coaches, if any, anywhere in the world have been afforded that luxury. January will change all of that and the results will have to be there.

true and I am glad the FFA are looking to build a team and philosophy for the future.. just look at Roar, it took a season to get I together and also JG also took a season.. also bear in mind making changes on a international level is harder than club level, simply cos you have the team less at a international level

there is no magic bullet to change things around on the pitch, takes time.. hard work and someone what they want to achieve and to make that happen
H _ S T _ K _ buy a vowel?
----------------------------

tezza006
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by tezza006 »

Was playing top level football in one of the best leagues in the world, was getting paid a ridiculous amount of money and playing for his country. Was living the dream of millions of fanatical football supporters who would give their right arm to be able to play professionally and then decided it would be more fun to stick things up his nose. It could be that or it could be that his laugh makes him sound like an idiot.

astonvilla91
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by astonvilla91 »

He left Villa.

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

astonvilla91 wrote:
He left Villa.
He went to Villa???
Are you Bodo in disguise?

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Bozza is struggling to get some tiny portion of his image restored so he has to say whatever the broadcasters tell him to.

To me he will always be the man who shamed the game here and around the world.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

Old Master wrote:Bozza is struggling to get some tiny portion of his image restored so he has to say whatever the broadcasters tell him to.

To me he will always be the man who shamed the game here and around the world.
:lol: yeah. Coz he's the first to have done that. :roll:
COLOSSUS wrote:Let me guess, ive got no balls

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Speaking of poor interviews, I remember this really poor, rude, interruptive interview from Craig Foster...

Foster v Postecoglou
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

churchill
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by churchill »

swannsong wrote:Speaking of poor interviews, I remember this really poor, rude, interruptive interview from Craig Foster...

Foster v Postecoglou
That was a very shameful, embarrassing interview by CF and a few glancing blows from LM - that interview nearly caused the end of AP coaching career which thankfully he was able to resurrect a few years later.

I don't CF cared about the damage he caused and I suspect AP has never forgiven him for such lack of respect as I have never seen them together in an interview since that famous day.

BPBC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BPBC »

churchill wrote:
swannsong wrote:Speaking of poor interviews, I remember this really poor, rude, interruptive interview from Craig Foster...

Foster v Postecoglou
That was a very shameful, embarrassing interview by CF and a few glancing blows from LM - that interview nearly caused the end of AP coaching career which thankfully he was able to resurrect a few years later.

I don't CF cared about the damage he caused and I suspect AP has never forgiven him for such lack of respect as I have never seen them together in an interview since that famous day.
They actually had a long interview together during the WC. Ange again showed he was the bigger man by being able to conduct himself professionally and answer all questions. Foster was an absolute a$$ during that 2007 (I think) interview but I think it went a long way in making Ange a better coach, he went away and got further training and came back and changed the way football is played in the A League

Foster lost any shred of respect he may have had when he made that interview, it was an absolute disgrace.

LonsdaleBologna
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by LonsdaleBologna »

Or, Foster has been on a crusade to raise the bar and change the way football is played as well as the standing of the game in this country. He has played a part in some of these things changing and in this interview he stepped out of the cosy boys club and ruffled a few feathers. Ange at the time was genuinely floundering in his role which I'm sure he would admit. Personally I think they are both massively important figures in the game who have found important roles for themselves that suit their strengths (albeit with a few hiccups).

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

LonsdaleBologna wrote:Or, Foster has been on a crusade to raise the bar and change the way football is played as well as the standing of the game in this country. He has played a part in some of these things changing and in this interview he stepped out of the cosy boys club and ruffled a few feathers. Ange at the time was genuinely floundering in his role which I'm sure he would admit. Personally I think they are both massively important figures in the game who have found important roles for themselves that suit their strengths (albeit with a few hiccups).
+1

Foster is a tough interviewer who always pushes his subjects to the limit and tries to make them understand their shortcomings.

Yes, he was tough on Ange in the beginning but he forced Ange to look at himself and realise he needed to gain more knowledge and ideas if he wanted to progress.

Ange always came across as 'lazy' to me in those days but now he is much more professional in his demeanor.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

BPBC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BPBC »

LonsdaleBologna wrote:Or, Foster has been on a crusade to raise the bar and change the way football is played as well as the standing of the game in this country. He has played a part in some of these things changing and in this interview he stepped out of the cosy boys club and ruffled a few feathers. Ange at the time was genuinely floundering in his role which I'm sure he would admit. Personally I think they are both massively important figures in the game who have found important roles for themselves that suit their strengths (albeit with a few hiccups).
I think that's probably right on both accounts, I just don't like the way he went about it in that interview

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Old Master wrote:
+1

Foster is a tough interviewer who always pushes his subjects to the limit and tries to make them understand their shortcomings.

Yes, he was tough on Ange in the beginning but he forced Ange to look at himself and realise he needed to gain more knowledge and ideas if he wanted to progress.

Ange always came across as 'lazy' to me in those days but now he is much more professional in his demeanor.
+2