Paul Okon names 23-player U/19 squad

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

Prestoz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Paul Okon names 23-player U/19 squad

Post by Prestoz »

Daniel Alessi - WSW, Shannon Brady - Roar, Brandon Borrello - Roar, Anthony Bouzanis (gk) - SFC, Jordan Brown - MV, Cameron Burgess - Fulham, Daniel De Silva - PG, Shayne D’Cunha - Blacktown, Scott Galloway - MV, Hagi Gligor - FSC, Chris Ikonomidis - Lazio, Paul Izzo (G/K) AU, Awer Mabil - AU, Stefan Mauk
- MC, Dylan Murnane - MV, Christopher Naumoff - SFC, Mark Ochieng - AU, Liam Rose - CCM, Peter Skapetis - Stoke, Joshua Sotirio - WSW, Jordan Thurtell (gk) - PG, Benjamin Warland - AU, Riley Woodcock - PG

Opponents = Uzbekistan, UAE & Indonesia

Surely we'd expect seven points from that group?

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Re: Paul Okon names 23-player U/19 squad

Post by Old Master »

Nice to see a reasonable number of players from AU in the squad - bodes well for the future.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Prestoz wrote:Daniel Alessi - WSW, Shannon Brady - Roar, Brandon Borrello - Roar, Anthony Bouzanis (gk) - SFC, Jordan Brown - MV, Cameron Burgess - Fulham, Daniel De Silva - PG, Shayne D’Cunha - Blacktown, Scott Galloway - MV, Hagi Gligor - FSC, Chris Ikonomidis - Lazio, Paul Izzo (G/K) AU, Awer Mabil - AU, Stefan Mauk
- MC, Dylan Murnane - MV, Christopher Naumoff - SFC, Mark Ochieng - AU, Liam Rose - CCM, Peter Skapetis - Stoke, Joshua Sotirio - WSW, Jordan Thurtell (gk) - PG, Benjamin Warland - AU, Riley Woodcock - PG

Opponents = Uzbekistan, UAE & Indonesia

Surely we'd expect seven points from that group?
Based on what?
The Uzzies and UAE have been making huge steps in the development programs. UAE have thrown cabernet tonnes of money into it. I'll be very happy/impressed if we progress!

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

One thing the FFA have taken note of recently is that you can throw all the money in the world at it but it all comes down to getting the basics in place and people who actually know what they are doing rather than telling us how good they are.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Prestoz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Prestoz »

Based on what?
The Uzzies and UAE have been making huge steps in the development programs. UAE have thrown cabernet tonnes of money into it. I'll be very happy/impressed if we progress![/quote]

Oh yeah, that's right, I forgot we are crap and should have no expectation of success.

I amend my expectation to zero points.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Prestoz wrote:Based on what?
The Uzzies and UAE have been making huge steps in the development programs. UAE have thrown cabernet tonnes of money into it. I'll be very happy/impressed if we progress!
Oh yeah, that's right, I forgot we are crap and should have no expectation of success.

I amend my expectation to zero points.[/quote]

We have learned a lot of lessons from the Past and they are being implemented by the coaching staff so don't give up just yet they may just get it right this time.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Prestoz wrote:Based on what?

I amend my expectation to zero points.[/quote]
I'm not saying that, just know it's not going to be a breeze like your original post was alluding to.

sephiroth
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sephiroth »

Uzbekistan are the reigning champions from U16s two years ago so will be strong.

The other two is a mixed bag.

Ibelieve
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Ibelieve »

Well done to all lads, especially the SA boys.
Hopefully all make it to their dream of becoming pro footballers.