OS Aussies talk.

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: OS Aussies talk.

Post by Stuckey »

Black_Panther wrote:
Stuckey wrote:
After a lifetime of battling bad luck and adversity, Blake Ricciuto was overcome with emotion when finally given a chance to shine by Uruguay side, Penarol.
Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/leag ... wIvFHK6.99

:lol: Another SFC player making it big after being cut by the club. Could that club be any more of a joke!
You do realise this guy is just a youth player at penarol?
You do realise I've repeatedly asked you a direct question in another topic in this forum you're yet to answer.

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

Stuckey wrote:
Black_Panther wrote:
Stuckey wrote: Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/leag ... wIvFHK6.99

:lol: Another SFC player making it big after being cut by the club. Could that club be any more of a joke!
You do realise this guy is just a youth player at penarol?
You do realise I've repeatedly asked you a direct question in another topic in this forum you're yet to answer.
So why do you think their club is a joke because a guy has after being cut gone onto play for a youth team of another club?

That's probably a sign of the strength of their youth development that these are the quality of players that they pass on.

Looking at the quality of Gersbach & Antonis to name a few they seem to be doing alright at bringing their own players through.
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Adel Utd and Socceroo defender Robert Cornthwaite will join Malaysian Club Selangor FC who is coached by former Socceroo Mehmat Durakovic.

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

I'm surprised that Gavin DiNiese doesn't get mentioned more for the National Teams.

Every time I read the Aussies Overseas on 442 he seems to be involved with the River Plate first team.
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Black_Panther wrote:I'm surprised that Gavin DiNiese doesn't get mentioned more for the National Teams.

Every time I read the Aussies Overseas on 442 he seems to be involved with the River Plate first team.
Probably due to the lack of attention South American club football gets in Australia.

COYR98
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by COYR98 »

Hes involved in their 3rd or 4th string team that plays in the 4th division team, not their first team!

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

Ok they certainly don't report it that way on 442!

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

Anyone know what happened to Tom Rogic? I know he was injured - seemed injury prone but on his day could be very handy
Are you Bodo in disguise?

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Knight15 wrote:Anyone know what happened to Tom Rogic? I know he was injured - seemed injury prone but on his day could be very handy
I heard a few weeks back he was injured. Not sure if he's still out.

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Luongo makes the top 10 list of players in Britain outside the EPL.

THE TOP 10
1. Matt Ritchie - Bournemouth

2. Grant Leadbitter - Middlesbrough

3. Calum Wilson - Bournemouth

4. Troy Deeney - Watford

5. Chris Martin - Derby County

6. Daryl Murphy - Ipswich Town

7. Dele Alli - MK Dons

8. Will Hughes - Derby County

9. Massimo Luongo - Swindon Town

10. Jordan Rhodes - Blackburn Rovers
http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/ma ... 7288867318

Personally I'm glad that he stayed at Swindon after the Asian Cup. I think he could have easily taken one of the first offers he got and be now just another young talented hopeful playing reserves for an EPL side. Obviously there are worse places to be but I think being an important part of a League One club is better experience.
ATM Swindon are looking very good for promotion to the Championship so things are looking very good for him and I feel he could do far worse then just deciding to stay put at Swindon for the time being.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Stuckey wrote:
Knight15 wrote:Anyone know what happened to Tom Rogic? I know he was injured - seemed injury prone but on his day could be very handy

The Celtic website doesn't give any mention of whether he's injured or back in training.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Old Master wrote:
Stuckey wrote:

The Celtic website doesn't give any mention of whether he's injured or back in training.
Dave Davutovic mentioned on Sam, Santo and Ed last week that he is back playing reserves with Celtic finally.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Juric needs to get away from Celtic and move to Germany where he may have a better chance of playing regularly - too many overpaid players in front of him at Celtic (and too many injuries) and a Manager that wouldn't have a tactical bone in his body!

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

Old Master wrote:Juric needs to get away from Celtic and move to Germany where he may have a better chance of playing regularly - too many overpaid players in front of him at Celtic (and too many injuries) and a Manager that wouldn't have a tactical bone in his body!
You mean Rogic don't you?

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

Black_Panther wrote:
Old Master wrote:Juric needs to get away from Celtic and move to Germany where he may have a better chance of playing regularly - too many overpaid players in front of him at Celtic (and too many injuries) and a Manager that wouldn't have a tactical bone in his body!

shhhhhh - Don't spoil his complete Barossa Pearl with an ounce of fact - although I think Rogic should move, like Mackay before him, just not good enough for the Scottish League

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Knight15 wrote:
Black_Panther wrote:

shhhhhh - Don't spoil his complete Barossa Pearl with an ounce of fact - although I think Rogic should move, like Mackay before him, just not good enough for the Scottish League
HAL form got him in line for the WC squad surely coming home couldn't hurt.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Knight15 wrote:
Black_Panther wrote:

Oops, I made a mistake, tie me to the stake and burn me! :lol:

But I still believe Rojic would benefit from some time in German Football, possibly in Budesliga 2 or even 3.

It may be a step down from Celtic (?) but at least he may get some game time against some decent opposition.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Old Master wrote:
But I still believe Rojic would benefit from some time in German Football, possibly in Budesliga 2 or even 3.

It may be a step down from Celtic (?) but at least he may get some game time against some decent opposition.
IMO the HAL would be a step up from what he's playing now!

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Stuckey wrote:
Old Master wrote:

But he needs to prove himself in a stronger competition - we know he can play A League.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Old Master wrote:
Stuckey wrote:
Old Master wrote:

But he needs to prove himself in a stronger competition - we know he can play A League.
Of course but playing in the SPL reserve league is going to get him no where.
At least if he comes back he and does well he'll probably be in line for more Socceroos call ups which will help.
IMO I think once he sorts out his injury issues, the J-League would be a good fit for him.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

That's why I suggest Germany.

He is a quality player whose move to Celtic has turned out badly for him.

His problems with injury have put him out of the managers sight and has lost his confidence.

German 2nd division would be a great place for him to get his confidence back and put his name out in Europe, something the A League can't do for him as easily.

He is a superbly talented player who has hit a brick wall in his career due to his injury problems and i would like to see him take a risk by moving to a country that appreciates his type of Football.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Old Master wrote:That's why I suggest Germany.

His problems with injury have put him out of the managers sight and has lost his confidence.

German 2nd division would be a great place for him to get his confidence back and put his name out in Europe, something the A League can't do for him as easily.

He is a superbly talented player who has hit a brick wall in his career due to his injury problems and i would like to see him take a risk by moving to a country that appreciates his type of Football.
True, he could certainly do worse then that!

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

Stuckey wrote:

It has certainly done wonders for Ben Halloran & Nikita Rukavytsya's careers hasn't it..........

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Black_Panther wrote:
Stuckey wrote:

It has certainly done wonders for Ben Halloran & Nikita Rukavytsya's careers hasn't it..........
Halloran made the WC squad playing there. There is also another Aussie you failed to mention. Leckie.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

It's the perfect country in which to find out how good a player really is and what level he can play at.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Australia Under-23 midfielder Mustafa Amini has dismissed the option of a return to the A-League as scouts from Denmark and Belgium descend on Germany to watch his penultimate appearance for Borussia Dortmund II.
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/ ... gue-return

If he can get a gig in Belgium I think that would be better then returning to the HAL. IMO if the HAL season was longer it would probably be more of a lure. I think one or two decent injuries and you've probably missed half the season, that can be too much of a hole in a player's early career.

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

I see Rogic was in the Celtic squad to play Aberdeen, didn't get off the bench, but great that he's back in the squad at least

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Matthew Leckie has been rewarded for his switch to Ingolstadt by claiming the title in Germany's second tier, with an exciting top-flight campaign awaiting next season
http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/4024/aus ... ID=HP_BN_1

Wonderful news! I can't wait to see Leckie make the step up to Bundesliga level!

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

WBA haven't offered Jason Davidson a new contract.

I imagine he'd stay in Europe but he'd be someone I'd love to see AU go for.