Average Aussies watching the Cup

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Average Aussies watching the Cup

Post by Stuckey »

Its so great to see everyone engaging the cup. But Christ its frustrating listening to people running thru the idiot's guide to football. What is the media's obsession with getting people who have NFI about the sport discussing it? I didn't realise every single former Socceroo is busy.
I think if I have to sit down and listen to one more mass debate about diving I'm gonna put my foot thru my TV! I get it! It happens! Move on and discuss one other of the countless elements of football!

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Average Aussies watching the Cup

Post by Black_Panther »

Stuckey wrote:Its so great to see everyone engaging the cup. But Christ its frustrating listening to people running thru the idiot's guide to football. What is the media's obsession with getting people who have NFI about the sport discussing it? I didn't realise every single former Socceroo is busy.
I think if I have to sit down and listen to one more mass debate about diving I'm gonna put my foot thru my TV! I get it! It happens! Move on and discuss one other of the countless elements of football!
It's bad enough listening to Craig Foster let alone some of the other clowns.
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Black_Panther wrote:
Stuckey wrote:Its so great to see everyone engaging the cup. But Christ its frustrating listening to people running thru the idiot's guide to football. What is the media's obsession with getting people who have NFI about the sport discussing it? I didn't realise every single former Socceroo is busy.
Give me Craig's genuine passion over neutral commentators getting acting excited any day.

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Stuckey wrote:
Black_Panther wrote:
Give me Craig's genuine passion over neutral commentators getting acting excited any day.
+ 1, Stuckey! This morning I nearly put my foot through the radio. Kane Cornes' cheerleaders on the 5AAFL morning sports show (aka the brekky show) chortled along with him when he stereotyped ALL 'sokha' players as divers.

Naturally my text to Penbo, Aiston & Jane Reilly about the delicious irony of K.Cornes' comment and his being used as an example in the AFL's video about "staging" (the AFL's euphemism for diving) was censored.

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Con M wrote:
Stuckey wrote:
Black_Panther wrote: It's bad enough listening to Craig Foster let alone some of the other clowns.
+ 1, Stuckey! This morning I nearly put my foot through the radio. Kane Cornes' cheerleaders on the 5AAFL morning sports show (aka the brekky show) chortled along with him when he stereotyped ALL 'sokha' players as divers.

Naturally my text to Penbo, Aiston & Jane Reilly about the delicious irony of K.Cornes' comment and his being used as an example in the AFL's video about "staging" (the AFL's euphemism for diving) was censored.
:lol: Delicious indeed!

BruceLee
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by BruceLee »

Couldn't agree more. This is where we earn our non existent money explaining things to newcomers. I must have had 20 conversations about diving since the tournament started!

It's even worse when you have spent some time playing in the state league getting crunched by some big dude and then you just get up like most of us do!

I guess if people are talking it's good?

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

BruceLee wrote:Couldn't agree more. This is where we earn our non existent money explaining things to newcomers. I must have had 20 conversations about diving since the tournament started!

It's even worse when you have spent some time playing in the state league getting crunched by some big dude and then you just get up like most of us do!

I guess if people are talking it's good?
It is its just annoying to have these idiotic conversations every friggen four years.
I hope the HAL picks up as a result this season.