OZ v Croatia on FoxSports2 at 8.30am on Sat. 7 June

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

OZ v Croatia on FoxSports2 at 8.30am on Sat. 7 June

Post by Con M »

This friendly match will be worth getting up for on the Saturday morning of the long weekend.

With Modric (Real) creating chances for strikers Manduzkic (Bayern) & Jelavic (Hull), that will be a real test for our defence to see if they can later cope with the likes of Vidal/Sanchez of Chile, van Persie/Robben of Netherlands and Villa/Costa of Spain when the real games start.

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Re: OZ v Croatia on FoxSports2 at 8.30am on Sat. 7 June

Post by adelaidebloke »

remember in 2006 when we sent Croatia home from the world cup.

was great to get the round of 16.

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

adelaidebloke wrote:remember in 2006 when we sent Croatia home from the world cup.

No, run me through it.

Ofor Fuxake
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ofor Fuxake »

Stuckey wrote:
adelaidebloke wrote:remember in 2006 when we sent Croatia home from the world cup.

No, run me through it.
Here you go
You can lead a horse to water but they are bloody hard to drown.

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Ha ha. This one's only a pre-World Cup friendly, and I wouldn't dare upset Stitch This or others and suggest schoolkids pause from their games to watch a friendly.

But on the Saturday morning 7 June of the long weekend there are no kids games scheduled. Guess which forumite whose pseudonym starts with the letter 'G' is planning training to coincide with the live FoxSports2 telecast of the Australia versus Croatia game to try to upset me?

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Con M wrote:Ha ha. This one's only a pre-World Cup friendly, and I wouldn't dare upset Stitch This or others and suggest schoolkids pause from their games to watch a friendly.

But on the Saturday morning 7 June of the long weekend there are no kids games scheduled. Guess which forumite whose pseudonym starts with the letter 'G' is planning training to coincide with the live FoxSports2 telecast of the Australia versus Croatia game to try to upset me?
Greg? No Graham? Oh I don't know! :mrgreen:

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

Stuckey wrote:
Con M wrote:Ha ha. This one's only a pre-World Cup friendly, and I wouldn't dare upset Stitch This or others and suggest schoolkids pause from their games to watch a friendly.

Gohndedes

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Bacon888 wrote:
Stuckey wrote:

Gohndedes
Yes he's a busy man!

WAH MkII won't coach themselves!

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Stuckey wrote:

Nope. It was GMAE. (refer Adelaide Crowval fanzone thread for GMAE's confirmation).

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Con M wrote:
Stuckey wrote:

Nope. It was GMAE. (refer Adelaide Crowval fanzone thread for GMAE's confirmation).
Is GMAE short for Granny Mae?

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Stuckey wrote:
Con M wrote:

Is GMAE short for Granny Mae?
No. Give him that - it's God is/isn't/maybe is/maybe isn't an Englishman.

Ofor Fuxake
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ofor Fuxake »

And it's well past its use-by date.
You can lead a horse to water but they are bloody hard to drown.

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Ofor Fuxake wrote:And it's well past its use-by date.
What is, oh for fuck's sake?

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

Con M wrote:
Ofor Fuxake wrote:And it's well past its use-by date.
What is, oh for fuck's sake?
Good Luck getting a straight answer on that one...
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

BruceLee
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by BruceLee »

Bresciano needs to play as much as possible. Oar looked decent again. Davidson looks better every time I see him. Defence looked ok too.

Final 3rd a problem. Need to work out who should play on the right. I think when Bresciano is on and oar is on the left it doesn't matter as much. But when Oar is in the middle the wings are tricky.

I agree with the commentators that Leckie should stay on the right. I'd be happy with halloran too. Maybe put Dario on the left or even troisi. Will be intresting to see if Bresciano starts and who ange puts out wide. Otherwise the team for Chile is picked I guess.

General Tony Cash
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by General Tony Cash »

[quote="Con M"]This friendly match will be worth getting up for on the Saturday morning of the long weekend.
quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

Halloran's backheel/flick/whateverthefuckitwas :shock:

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

I was fairly happy with how we played would have liked more cutting edge in the final third.

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

General Tony Cash wrote:
Con M wrote:This friendly match will be worth getting up for on the Saturday morning of the long weekend.
quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah, well I thought it was an interesting trial match and last practice hit-out for both sides. Modric, Manduzkic & Jelavic were no mugs to sparr against.

The back four for our country did ok & Davidson was outstanding at left-back.

Milligan & Jedinak held firm in centre-midfield. Croatia scored an arse flukey goal and we learnt a few things like Leckie should go back out on the right and Oar on the left, with a hopefully fit-again Bresciano creating chances through the middle.

It's up front that we miss the cutting edge like others have said, and I'm not quite sure where Cahill's best position is.

ps General, I take it you're setting your alarm for 9.22am for this Saturday 14th June so as to miss Australia's first World Cup 2014 Finals game?