name the 7 to miss out

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

name the 7 to miss out

Post by adelaidebloke »

??

squad of 30 needs to go to 23 :? :? :roll: :roll:

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: name the 7 to miss out

Post by Stuckey »

Eugene Galeković
Mathew Ryan
Mitchell Langerak
Mark Birighitti
Luke Wilkshire
Matthew Špiranović
Ryan McGowan
Ivan Franjić
Jason Davidson
Curtis Good
Alex Wilkinson
Bailey Wright
Mark Bresciano
Matt McKay
Mile Jedinak
Mark Milligan
Dario Vidošić
Tommy Oar
James Holland
James Troisi
Tom Rogić
Adam Sarota
Oliver Bozanić
Joshua Brillante
Massimo Luongo
Ben Halloran
Tim Cahill
Joshua Kennedy
Mathew Leckie
Adam Taggart

Wow that was a lot harder then I thought!

I went with McKay as my 7th to sadly miss out as he is older and I would probably play 5 guys in CM before him as good as he's been this season. The other guys will get their chance in the future except for Wilkinson who I felt was horribad in the Ecuador game looking totally uncertain how to play Ange's passing game.

I could have easily taken Birra instead of Langerak as Birra has been playing regularly this season. I feel Troisi and Taggart are maybes to be cut but IMO they should be there due to there great form this season.

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

I see Massimo keeping his and Halloran to miss from that
COLOSSUS wrote:Let me guess, ive got no balls

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

wilkinson and Wilkshire, to go for me, vidosic, brillante,galecovic,taggart,....???

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

I hope Josh (J.C.) Kennedy makes the final 23. We will need his height & presence thrown on up front if we're trailing narrowly and the clock is ticking down and we need to go long.

I only got a glimpse of him at the training camp - did any forumite notice he has grown his hair long again? A beard too, so back to the 'Jesus Christ' look with which many mainstreamers associate him.

Flinders SC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Flinders SC »

Chaos wrote:I see Massimo keeping his and Halloran to miss from that
Very unlikely. Halloran was in terrific form for Fortuna in the final two months of the season, Ange will want players in form. Could see Vidosic missing out though. It's going to be a tough call.
FSC

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

I'm thinking Birra will miss out as GK, then again out fo the four GK's Langerak is the one who has had minimal game time, maybe he will be the unlucky one?

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

cuts 3 today, good will be one...other 2??

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

I think that the first three will be Birraghitti, Brillante & Good
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

good sarota brillante, the 3 to miss as confirmed :)

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

I feel Sarota is unlucky. Missed the first half of the season but from what it appears managed to work his way back to regular game time over the season half of the season. Surely doing that in the Eredivisie has got to count for something. Especially considering he's still only 25.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

I can't see Rogic making much of an impact at the WC as he's already struggling with injury (as usual) and is lacking match fitness.

He's certainly got the skill and technique to be a quality player but unfortunately he is too fragile.

He really needs to get himself into a rehabilitation centre like Bayer Leverkusens', where Robbie Kruse is making his recovery from injury and is already back training, and get all the little problems with his body sorted out by experts.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Old Master wrote:I can't see Rogic making much of an impact at the WC as he's already struggling with injury (as usual) and is lacking match fitness.

He's certainly got the skill and technique to be a quality player but unfortunately he is too fragile.

He really needs to get himself into a rehabilitation centre like Bayer Leverkusens', where Robbie Kruse is making his recovery from injury and is already back training, and get all the little problems with his body sorted out by experts.
As much as I'd love to see Tommy there as I see him as a great impact player for us. I agree he's no where near the Harry Kewell play him regardless stage so I would also give him a miss.

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

Last 4 to get the cut - Taggart, Luongo, Birighitti, Wright

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

I would like to see Taggart go as he is a finisher that plays in a different style than our other Strikers like Cahill & Kennedy.

Unless of course we are going to continue to rely on the high ball into the box as our only means of scoring under Ange.
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Black_Panther wrote:I would like to see Taggart go as he is a finisher that plays in a different style than our other Strikers like Cahill & Kennedy.

Unless of course we are going to continue to rely on the high ball into the box as our only means of scoring under Ange.
Considering Taggart is one of four strikers I feel he should stay.

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

Old Master wrote:I can't see Rogic making much of an impact at the WC as he's already struggling with injury (as usual) and is lacking match fitness.

I also think even when fit, he is overrated. - He makes some great runs and can open up a defence but he loses possession far too much and his shooting is all over the place
Are you Bodo in disguise?

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Knight15 wrote:

I also think even when fit, he is overrated. - He makes some great runs and can open up a defence but he loses possession far too much and his shooting is all over the place

As I've said before he is only a 'Ten Minute' player at best.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details