Mile Jedinak

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

Huge1
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Mile Jedinak

Post by Huge1 »

Leads entire EPL in tackles and intercepts this season = new captain of Socceroo's http://bit.ly/1mDoUnh

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Mile Jedinak

Post by adelaidebloke »

played every single minute of every single game too, what a legend

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Gotta say impressed recently with his power and hard running as a defensive midfielder. But wish his ball-control and accuracy & weight of his passes were a bit better.

He and Milligan could make that good pair of DMs sitting in front of the back four. I hope the creative two midfielders in front of them will be Bresh & Rogic, with Cahill up front just behind Kennedy. All six will have to play out of their skins to cope with Chile's midfield, as will any young subs backing them up.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

Con M

He and Milligan could make that good pair of DMs sitting in front of the back four. I hope the creative two midfielders in front of them will be Bresh & Rogic, with Cahill up front just behind Kennedy

so is that a 4-2-2-2 system???? don't think so......wheres the wide players???

Ange will a play a variation of a 4-3-3...probably a 4-2-3-1 (with the 2 holders...)
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

MegaBonus wrote:
Con M

He and Milligan could make that good pair of DMs sitting in front of the back four. I hope the creative two midfielders in front of them will be Bresh & Rogic, with Cahill up front just behind Kennedy

so is that a 4-2-2-2 system???? don't think so......wheres the wide players???

Ange will a play a variation of a 4-3-3...probably a 4-2-3-1 (with the 2 holders...)
Yes Mega, you're right - it looks lacking in width and I don't like it either. Width might have to come from the overlapping flank defenders and Rogic veering left & Cahill dropping deep & wandering out right.

But Ange will be led too by these six names which pick themselves. He's bound to be worried about being over-run in midfield by Chile's midfield which slaughtered England 6 months ago at Wembley, and also severely embarrassed Germany's MF too.

Width might have to come later in the game with the likes of speedsters Leckie, Oar or Ruka - if we're still in the contest...

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

don't feel too bad.... :D Ange and then Muscunt had the Victory playing a version of 4-2-2-2 at times, thus youre close to the mark...

4-2-2-2 is synonymous with Brazil........I wish we were good enough to play that system at international level....
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

I find it hilarious that people are still thinking who should be the Socceroos captain like Mile was a stand in.

I'd like to see a central midfield three of Jedinak, Milligan and Bresc. With Rogic coming in after 70 mins when we're hopefully 0-0

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

to be honest i just want mile playing well, captain is just tossing coin stuff

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

injured last night :cry:

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

Will be officially announced as Capatin at 130pm today :)

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Our best hope is that Jedinak can get near the box to take free kicks - he's very good at them.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Huge1
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Huge1 »

Sorry have been corrected... Mike Jedinak....