Schwarzer

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Schwarzer

Post by Stitch This »

Retired from international duty too early?

Playing in Champions League semi finals, but doesn't consider himself good enough for the national team.

Surely Ange should be having a word with him?
Time for some righteous indignation

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Re: Schwarzer

Post by Knight15 »

No, Ange has handled this perfectly, so has Schwarzer, he got lucky with the injury to Czech but he can't now be allowed back
Are you Bodo in disguise?

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

I'm more then happy with Matty Ryan as our #1. There are far more other positions to be concerned about.

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

Hmmmm, after last night, maybe we should ask him, always performs well under pressure
Are you Bodo in disguise?

Flinders SC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Flinders SC »

Knight15 wrote:Hmmmm, after last night, maybe we should ask him, always performs well under pressure
What about his error last week? Time to look to the future people. Matt Ryan is a superb keeper.
FSC

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

Schwarzer without doubt still has the ability but unlike many of the 'great' Socceroos he has the interest of his national team at heart and has chosen to step down to allow the future to develop and progress at the highest level - maybe the likes of Neill and Kewell could learn from this selflessapproach to the game that has given them so much?

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Andy1991 wrote:
Knight15 wrote:Hmmmm, after last night, maybe we should ask him, always performs well under pressure
What about his error last week? Time to look to the future people. Matt Ryan is a superb keeper.
Exactly. Holding on to the past is exactly why the Socceroos are in this position of having to play the next gen.

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

Old Redback wrote:Schwarzer without doubt still has the ability but unlike many of the 'great' Socceroos he has the interest of his national team at heart and has chosen to step down to allow the future to develop and progress at the highest level - maybe the likes of Neill and Kewell could learn from this selflessapproach to the game that has given them so much?
kewell has retired hasn't he???
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan