Mile Jedinak announced new captain

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

Mr Boombastic
Apprentice
Apprentice

Mile Jedinak announced new captain

Post by Mr Boombastic »

Personally I don't think that much of him. Might play well for Palace but can't remember him having a good game for the Socceroos in recent time. Would have preferred to see Cahill or Wilkshire get the captaincy.
NOTHING SOFT COMES OUT OF ELIZABETH

PLAYFORD CITY PATRIOTS FC The pride of Elizabeth

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Mile Jedinak announced new captain

Post by adelaidebloke »

good defensive midfielder, very good player at a very high level...good choice!

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Definitely who I would have gone with. You don't captain your EPL club for no reason.

I'm glad we didn't go with someone of the old golden generation.

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

adelaidebloke wrote:good defensive midfielder, very good player at a very high level...good choice!
....but he plays for Palace though?

oldfart
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by oldfart »

Old Redback wrote:
adelaidebloke wrote:good defensive midfielder, very good player at a very high level...good choice!
....but he plays for Palace though?

He's been crystal clear about that. :P
FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

I used to be the Old Master but now I'm an Oldfart!

Jinky Bhoy
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Jinky Bhoy »

You guys are smoking crack. He is no way a good choice for the job. Just because he does an ok job at a lowly club like Crystal Palace does not mean that he will be a good choice for the socceroos. He has made some lacklustre performances for Australia recently and is definitely not ready to captain the national team.
There are so many better choices, more influential players, and guys who can motivate the team more than him.
Certainly, he could be part of a senior playing group or vice captain where he can gain more experience, then become captain of the national squad.

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Jinky Bhoy wrote:You guys are smoking crack. He is no way a good choice for the job. Just because he does an ok job at a lowly club like Crystal Palace does not mean that he will be a good choice for the socceroos. He has made some lacklustre performances for Australia recently and is definitely not ready to captain the national team.
There are so many better choices, more influential players, and guys who can motivate the team more than him.
Certainly, he could be part of a senior playing group or vice captain where he can gain more experience, then become captain of the national squad.
Like who?

Flinders SC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Flinders SC »

Stuckey wrote:
Jinky Bhoy wrote:You guys are smoking crack. He is no way a good choice for the job. Just because he does an ok job at a lowly club like Crystal Palace does not mean that he will be a good choice for the socceroos. He has made some lacklustre performances for Australia recently and is definitely not ready to captain the national team.
Like who?

Exactly, who else? Very few are even club captains and those that are aren't guaranteed starters.
FSC

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

he has improved a lot this season, watch him play in the epl each week and you will see, I think his game has gone to another level in the last 12 months, this only benefits the socceroos.

great reward for probably the most improved and player that is performing best at the highest level this country currently has.

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Andy1991 wrote:
Stuckey wrote:
Like who?

Exactly, who else? Very few are even club captains and those that are aren't guaranteed starters.
Probably Milligan is the other option. I'm a big fan of his.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

I just saw some stats that have Mile as a top 10 tackler in the PL as well as one of the best interceptors....
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Aurelius
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Aurelius »

Jedinak have been the best player for Palace who is playing quite well under Pulis after a very poor start under Holloway. He was their player of the year for last season also, which is incredible considering that Wilfred Zaha was named player of the year for the whole league (but maybe he wouldn't have won it had Zaha not gone to United). I think he's currently the best Aussie player and there is no better option for a captain.

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Aurelius wrote:Jedinak have been the best player for Palace who is playing quite well under Pulis after a very poor start under Holloway. He was their player of the year for last season also, which is incredible considering that Wilfred Zaha was named player of the year for the whole league (but maybe he wouldn't have won it had Zaha not gone to United). I think he's currently the best Aussie player and there is no better option for a captain.
I didn't know he was player of the season. I agree he's our best option, and as far as the FFA being concerned I think they would like that he came out of the HAL as well.