on that SOCCEROOS SQUAD...DO YOUR STARTING 11

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

on that SOCCEROOS SQUAD...DO YOUR STARTING 11

Post by adelaidebloke »

sO WHO LINES UP N THE FIRST 11 AND FORMATION.

i like as the centre 3 midfielders with Timmy up top

jedinak (DM) Herd (DM)

Rogic (NUMBER 10)

Cahill (CF)

put me upfront
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Re: on that SOCCEROOS SQUAD...DO YOUR STARTING 11

Post by put me upfront »

Rogic is not a starting international, he does not deserve to where the number 10 to a world cup.
the KID has great potential. but his career has been stalled because his potential.
Me: "Put me upfront"
Coach: "shut up and sit down"

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

........................RYAN
WILKSHIRE..MCGOWAN..HERD..DAVIDSON
.........................MILLIGAN
.................SAROTA......JEDINAK
VIDOSIC............................................OAR
........................LECKIE

I would have Rogic come on after the hour mark and if Herd isn't fit play Spira instead.
Except for Herd everyone there is getting regular game time for their club.

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

put me upfront wrote:Rogic is not a starting international, he does not deserve to where the number 10 to a world cup.
the KID has great potential. but his career has been stalled because his potential.
I think stalled is a bit harsh I feel he has just made the wrong call moving to such a big club so young. I would have liked to see him stay at CCM for another season at least and then move on to The Netherlands or Belgium. I think when you are trying to develop as a player the worst thing you can do is going to massive club where the culture is win at any cost. The Netherlands and Belgium leagues are far more focused on player development.

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

i thought herd was more a midfielder than centre back

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

adelaidebloke wrote:i thought herd was more a midfielder than centre back
He has spent more time before his injury lay off playing CB for Villa. I think he is in the mould of Malik. Played in midfield till he filled out and now plays more in defence.

put me upfront
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by put me upfront »

Tom Rogic has only played approx. 50 senior first team football games. Not sure how many of them are off the beach, I don't understand how that even equals a world cup spot. For me, if picked, needs to absolutely dominate every Socceroo friendly and be our stand out player to get a ticket to brazil. He can not afford to be average (with potential).
Creative midfielder possibly Dario Vidisic.

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

none off the beach :lol:

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

put me upfront wrote:Tom Rogic has only played approx. 50 senior first team football games. Not sure how many of them are off the beach, I don't understand how that even equals a world cup spot. For me, if picked, needs to absolutely dominate every Socceroo friendly and be our stand out player to get a ticket to brazil. He can not afford to be average (with potential).
Creative midfielder possibly Dario Vidisic.
I think this mentality is one of the reasons why the Socceroos are the way they are. Waiting till a player is in their late 20's before giving them a go isn't right. I'm not saying start the olyroo squad but you need to give kids who show something a go. Especially considering this is a meaningless friendly, so what if he has a shocker?

These games are perfect for trying out kids with potential and IMO Rogic shows probably the most out of anyone we have.

put me upfront
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by put me upfront »

also remember the socceroos squad is not are training ground for potential socceroos.
you make the squad because of what you have been doing at club level, you do not make the squad because what you could possibly do at international level.
That's with every sport and every national team. Its not a development squad, its the best current plays at the time. Not the potentially best current players.

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

put me upfront wrote:also remember the socceroos squad is not are training ground for potential socceroos.
you make the squad because of what you have been doing at club level, you do not make the squad because what you could possibly do at international level.
That's with every sport and every national team. Its not a development squad, its the best current plays at the time. Not the potentially best current players.
Well I would say almost every player picked has played a decent amount in the last month or two. Probably Jones and Langerak are the only ones who haven't.

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

-------------------Ryan--------------------

Wilkshire---Spira---Good-------Bozanic--

--------Luongo-----Jedinak (c)-----------

----------------Rogic----------------------

--Vidosic------------------------Oar------

---------------Leckie-----------------------
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Black_Panther wrote:-------------------Ryan--------------------

Wilkshire---Spira---Good-------Bozanic--

--------Luongo-----Jedinak (c)-----------

----------------Rogic----------------------

--Vidosic------------------------Oar------

---------------Leckie-----------------------
What a random XI. Has Bozanic ever played LB before? I think Luongo is more of an attacking player as well.