Pick the Socceroos 11

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Pick the Socceroos 11

Post by adelaidebloke »

IT'S the beginning of a brave new world for the Socceroos under new coach Ange Postecoglou and that's likely to bring some experimentation.

While there were a number of players who were consistent locks under Holger Osieck, Postecoglou has made it clear players will be judged on form alone.

For Tuesday night's game against Costa Rica, the coach looks to be leaning towards a 4-2-3-1 formation, with the likes of Lucas Neill getting a stay of execution.

But that's not to say there aren't other options that are every bit as credible.

That's why we're giving you a turn to play coach and pick your Socceroos line-up. Who makes your line-up?

You'll see the list of players includes other players who have pulled on the green and gold this year, so you can choose to limit yourself to the squad to face Costa Rica, or override the coach and bring in who you wish!

To help you with your choice, here's the likely XI to play Costa Rica, according to Herald Sun journalist David Davutovic: Langerak; Franjic, Neill, Williams, Davidson; Jedinak, Milligan; Vidosic, Bresciano, Kruse; Leckie.
8) 8)

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Pick the Socceroos 11

Post by Con M »

adelaidebloke wrote:
here is the likely XI to play Costa Rica, according to Herald Sun journalist David Davutovic: Langerak; Franjic, Neill, Williams, Davidson; Jedinak, Milligan; Vidosic, Bresciano, Kruse; Leckie.
Not Vido - no real left foot, no speed to go past full-back and 'hit the line', probably left-footers Oar or Zullo to start.

Bresh a question mark - must have worries on his mind and possibly distracted the whole squad & Ange with those worries. Dunno who his replacement as midfield creator could be.

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

Rogic maybe

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

Con M wrote:
adelaidebloke wrote:
here is the likely XI to play Costa Rica, according to Herald Sun journalist David Davutovic: Langerak; Franjic, Neill, Williams, Davidson; Jedinak, Milligan; Vidosic, Bresciano, Kruse; Leckie.
Not Vido - no real left foot, no speed to go past full-back and 'hit the line', probably left-footers Oar or Zullo to start.

Bresh a question mark - must have worries on his mind and possibly distracted the whole squad & Ange with those worries. Dunno who his replacement as midfield creator could be.
Seriously?
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan