SOCCEROOS V COSTA RICA

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Re: SOCCEROOS V COSTA RICA

Post by adelaidebloke »

so everyone has to be classy to go to games??

everyone has to say and do the same things?

clap sit and talk the same way.

what else can someone write out a rule book!!!!!

BPBC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BPBC »

being a fkwit isn't being original

do and say as you please, just certain things make you a nice person

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

its all opinion....the australian captain shouldnt swear at the crowd.

that is a rule!!!!

oldfart
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by oldfart »

We think we have problems with our chances at the World Cup?

Imagine how the English supporters are feeling right now about their chances?

There they are the country with, arguably, the best, certainly the most popular, competition in the world and they lose 2- 0 at home to Chile and then 1 - 0 at home to their arch enemy Germany, going down with barely a whimper in both games.

They are already worrying about not even winning a single game at the Finals.

At least we have the excuse that we are not really a Football country let alone having a world class league to draw our players from.

Carrying on like a pack of hounds on the chase about Lucas Neill's ability to play for us again is quite laughable by comparison - they are having to dredge the bottom of the barrel to find find 11 players capable of competing with the world's best next year.

At least Neill is a real leader on the field and has the respect of his team-mates - regardless of the comments of his former "friends" who never played at the top level for anywhere as long as him.
FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

I used to be the Old Master but now I'm an Oldfart!

oldfart
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by oldfart »

adelaidebloke wrote:its all opinion....the australian captain shouldnt swear at the crowd.

that is a rule!!!!

And Australian supporters should never boo their own players either - we are Australian not uncivilsed swill1
FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

old fart, we can analize and criticise all we like our own team, to say you have to be a so called powerhouse of the game to do so, is a very dumb comment!!!

oldfart
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by oldfart »

adelaidebloke wrote:old fart, we can analize and criticise all we like our own team, to say you have to be a so called powerhouse of the game to do so, is a very dumb comment!!!

Says a person who cannot spell ANALYSE! :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

adelaidebloke wrote:old fart, we can analize and criticise all we like our own team, to say you have to be a so called powerhouse of the game to do so, is a very dumb comment!!!
After the Vietnam war you would have spat on the returning soldiers as well wouldn't you?

Probably would have felt it was your civic right.
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Black_Panther wrote:
After the Vietnam war you would have spat on the returning soldiers as well wouldn't you?

Probably would have felt it was your civic right.
Good point. I have no problem with freedom of speech, but also have no problem with a player sticking it up to people who clearly have no idea.
Ignore this signature

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

i think comparing solidiers of war too football players, reflects more on you than me !!!!!

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

adelaidebloke wrote:i think comparing solidiers of war too football players, reflects more on you than me !!!!!
No it's more a reflection on your morals and respect for the country that these people represent.

But hey your 'entitled' to act in this manner.
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

i think you gotta get ya hand of it, if you think lucas neil and australian sports people are compared to australian soldiers or people with amazingly high moral standards and values.

lets remember playing for the socceroos is a very well paid gig!!

the socceroos are hardly curing cancer or donating their winnings to charity or even risking there life for this country.

dude they kick a ball around for alot of cash.....i say boo as much as you like.

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

adelaidebloke wrote:i think you gotta get ya hand of it, if you think lucas neil and australian sports people are compared to australian soldiers or people with amazingly high moral standards and values.

lets remember playing for the socceroos is a very well paid gig!!

the socceroos are hardly curing cancer or donating their winnings to charity or even risking there life for this country.

dude they kick a ball around for alot of cash.....i say boo as much as you like.
What a load of twaddle...

It was uneducated booing and that should not be tolerated... People like yourself booing players because you don't like him or think that he shouldn't be in the side.

If he is being picked why should he say no, the guy was having a good game and was booed...Are you kidding me..... The people that booed him are simple idiots and those that support them aren't far behind.

Ga Pala
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ga Pala »

Spot on Steve 4 :wink:
" I used to go Missing a lot- Miss Canada, Miss United Kingdom, Miss Germany." George Best

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

oldfart wrote:We think we have problems with our chances at the World Cup?

There they are the country with, arguably, the best, certainly the most popular, competition in the world and they lose 2- 0 at home to Chile and then 1 - 0 at home to their arch enemy Germany, going down with barely a whimper in both games.

At least we have the excuse that we are not really a Football country let alone having a world class league to draw our players from.

Carrying on like a pack of hounds on the chase about Lucas Neill's ability to play for us again is quite laughable by comparison - they are having to dredge the bottom of the barrel to find find 11 players capable of competing with the world's best next year.

At least Neill is a real leader on the field and has the respect of his team-mates - regardless of the comments of his former "friends" who never played at the top level for anywhere as long as him.
Its a position Germany found themselves in after the 04 Euro's, England needs a complete overhaul as Germany did, look where they are now, but it takes everyone to be on the same page and whilst foreign investment in premier league is more important than the actual game of football in england it wont happen.

oldfart
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by oldfart »

paul merson wrote:
oldfart wrote:We think we have problems with our chances at the World Cup?

Its a position Germany found themselves in after the 04 Euro's, England needs a complete overhaul as Germany did, look where they are now, but it takes everyone to be on the same page and whilst foreign investment in premier league is more important than the actual game of football in england it wont happen.
Unfortunately the Germans had the Testicular Bravery to make the change from the top to the bottom inclusively.

The English FA would never have that level of courage - admit they have got it wrong :?: - NEVER - someone else is the problem not us!
FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Forgot to mention earlier - that expert on soccer-football, Graham Cornes, dedicated his whole 23/11/13 column on giving his pearls of wisdom about the game.

Said it should not have been played, nor should any friendlies. Rubbed it in about the small 20,000 crowd, but no mention that Costa Rica rested 5 stars or were a small drawcard.

Didn't realise that games like next March & the farewell match in May are necessary for the coach to have his squad together for 5 days each time to have some sort of cohesion. Couldn't remember that the farewell friendly game in May 2006 drew 90,000 @ the MCG to send the boys off to Germany with the nation's good wishes.

Was unable to answer an email asking him did how he would have liked starting the AFL season without any trial 'friendly' games.

oldfart
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by oldfart »

Con M wrote:Forgot to mention earlier - that expert on soccer-football, Graham Cornes, dedicated his whole 23/11/13 column on giving his pearls of wisdom about the game.

Said it should not have been played, nor should any friendlies. Rubbed it in about the small 20,000 crowd, but no mention that Costa Rica rested 5 stars or were a small drawcard.

Didn't realise that games like next March & the farewell match in May are necessary for the coach to have his squad together for 5 days each time to have some sort of cohesion. Couldn't remember that the farewell friendly game in May 2006 drew 90,000 @ the MCG to send the boys off to Germany with the nation's good wishes.

Was unable to answer an email asking him did how he would have liked starting the AFL season without any trial 'friendly' games.

Has he ever answered any of your emails?

He certainly has never answered any of mine.

Perhaps I hit the spot every time with my questions?
FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details