holger sacked

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

the fink
Squad Player
Squad Player

holger sacked

Post by the fink »

hardly surprising

Ibelieve
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: holger sacked

Post by Ibelieve »

Does this mean Vidmar takes over?

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Nine months from the WC and we are in a mess, this team should have in rebuilt ages ago.

Ibelieve
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Ibelieve »

Please-Not vidmar. He's crap, always was and still is.
We need a proven Aussie coach. Preferably an Aussie, Arnold or postecoglou.

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

About time.

He should have started bringing these players through 18 months ago. He should also have told a few guys there time is up. His attitude hasn't been that great of late either.

Houllier, Hiddink, Postecoglou, Arnold are all possible candidates

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by GaylyColouredStumps »

Its all holgers fault! :lol:

FFA needs a good hard look at itself.

even editing player tweets now :shock:
These users thanked the author Sunny Vanilla for the post:
Old Master, johndedes, theorakle, ozzie owl, suzie, thewabster, Za Dom Spremni

blue moon
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by blue moon »

6-0, 6-0, might need tony roach with those scorelines

Kim Kallstrom
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Kim Kallstrom »

please not Arnold. he had his chance before and didn't take it. Ange or an overseas coach on a short term deal

jonnomath
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by jonnomath »

erik_lamela wrote:please not Arnold. he had his chance before and didn't take it. Ange or an overseas coach on a short term deal
Arnold has come a very long way since his early days of leading the socceroos... i think he has learnt so much and he is definitely worth a go if you can pry him away from the mariners... i'd say the same about Ange TBH...

Metal Face
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Metal Face »

They could bring anyone in but the fact is we just dont have the players up to the standard

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

Scholesy wrote:They could bring anyone in but the fact is we just dont have the players up to the standard
Thanks to Pim and Holger not developing players and providing them with any great opportunity. New coach will be able to come in and axe the average players and start playing young guys who know what they are doing. The talent is there, it just needs to be played and used properly

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Scholesy wrote:They could bring anyone in but the fact is we just dont have the players up to the standard
Team should have been re built after 2006.

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

I think ironically part of the problem is the success of the A-League, young players are staying to long before heading overseas and then not getting a look in, a national coach can't develop players just give them an opportunity once they have developed elsewhere
Are you Bodo in disguise?

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

Knight15 wrote:I think ironically part of the problem is the success of the A-League, young players are staying to long before heading overseas and then not getting a look in, a national coach can't develop players just give them an opportunity once they have developed elsewhere
I disagree and am a bit perplexed... I think players are heading overseas way too early and could benefit staying here the extra year.... How many have gone over and either come straight back or are playing in a lesser league for the $$$...

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

Everyone is saying youngsters should of been blooded earlier but from what I see they are not good enough and if this happened they would be watching Brasil from Australia with the rest of us.... The FFA pathway is working a treat with our abundance of young riches :roll: ....The A League is going great guns but junior development seems to need some tinkering.

chester20
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by chester20 »

Ibelieve wrote:Does this mean Vidmar takes over?

Please no.

RBK0
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by RBK0 »

It's definitely no secret that the Socceroos problems go deeper than the coach, however foreign coaches are not going to be what makes Australia a great/better footballing nation. We need a national coach with the qualities to step up and take charge over a longer period of time.

Guus Hiddnick, from what I've heard, gave the FFA a look into the future when he left his post by letting them know they needed to reseed the team with youth and slowly push out the veterans. 7 years on and that hasn't really happened because the foreign coaches just want to fulfill their contracts and in doing so have kept on the "Tried and true" player base. They don't need to think more than a few years ahead in time.

People are calling out for Guus, but it's just another bandaid solution. We need long term plans that will make us a stronger nation in 15 years time. By then we should be able to compete with the best. Maybe not win, but being competitive is the light at the end of the tunnel.

The A league is not even a decade old, we don't have the youth programs (or poverty) of other nations and we have a range of sports competing for the same talented youth. We need to get our footballing infrastructure in place and it won't happen in the next 8 months.

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by GaylyColouredStumps »

RBK0 wrote: because the foreign coaches just want to fulfill their contracts and in doing so have kept on the "Tried and true" player base. They don't need to think more than a few years ahead.
FFA are the employer. What was the requirement and objective for the position?

If the boss demands rebuilding, then the coach does it. Cant blame the coach, foreign or not.
These users thanked the author Sunny Vanilla for the post:
Old Master, johndedes, theorakle, ozzie owl, suzie, thewabster, Za Dom Spremni

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

Steve#4 wrote:
Knight15 wrote:I think ironically part of the problem is the success of the A-League, young players are staying to long before heading overseas and then not getting a look in, a national coach can't develop players just give them an opportunity once they have developed elsewhere
I disagree and am a bit perplexed... I think players are heading overseas way too early and could benefit staying here the extra year.... How many have gone over and either come straight back or are playing in a lesser league for the $$$...
Kewell went when he was 15 or so, Craig Johnston about the same, without looking it up don't think Cahill even played here, Scott MacDonald, even Lucas Niel - I think you might be referring to Burns or Djite or even Leskie but they all went too late, under 14 at Arsenal or West Adelaide? I had a friend who was playing under 14's for Fulham and moved to South Africa, was playing the equivalent of State league when he was 16 and National League at 18, when his family moved back to the UK, he couldn't get into a team as all the players he used to play with were light years ahead. The real talent here seems to stay and prove themselves in the A-League, rather than move O'S earlier and it's just not working. The proof is in the numbers of Aussies playing in the top flight in Europe
Are you Bodo in disguise?

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

Knight15 wrote: Kewell went when he was 15 or so, Craig Johnston about the same, without looking it up don't think Cahill even played here, Scott MacDonald, even Lucas Niel - I think you might be referring to Burns or Djite or even Leskie but they all went too late, under 14 at Arsenal or West Adelaide? I had a friend who was playing under 14's for Fulham and moved to South Africa, was playing the equivalent of State league when he was 16 and National League at 18, when his family moved back to the UK, he couldn't get into a team as all the players he used to play with were light years ahead. The real talent here seems to stay and prove themselves in the A-League, rather than move O'S earlier and it's just not working. The proof is in the numbers of Aussies playing in the top flight in Europe
Misunderstood where you were coming from, when you said young I thought emerging Aleague players.

I agree with kids being identified in the early teens and taking advantage of better coaching and higher intensity games.

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

Ibelieve wrote:Please-Not vidmar. He's crap, always was and still is.
We need a proven Aussie coach. Preferably an Aussie, Arnold or postecoglou.
There's your problem - it's not the coach it is the structure and direction. Could have seen this coming 7 years ago - no thought for the future and just mploying people with the sole aim of getting Australia into the world cup. I feel for Holger that was the job he was given and miraculously given the sub standard cattle available he still managed it. For achieving his KPI he was sacked.

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

Ibelieve wrote:We need a proven Aussie coach.
Define 'proven Aussie coach' - on the world stage this statement is comparable to 'Easter Bunny', 'Santa Claus' and 'The Loch Ness Monster'.

Sorry fella - I don't mean to pick on you.

Electrafixion
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Electrafixion »

Old Redback wrote:
Ibelieve wrote:We need a proven Aussie coach.
Define 'proven Aussie coach' - on the world stage this statement is comparable to 'Easter Bunny', 'Santa Claus' and 'The Loch Ness Monster'.
You mean talked about all over the world? :shock:
Burned

Certified Head Case
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Certified Head Case »

Egil Olsen to take over.
Digger wrote:No sane person would want to know you.

Ga Pala
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ga Pala »

Needed to rebuild after 2006 . Even though we don't have an abundance of players in top leagues o/s the next coach needs to bite the bullet and cull players like Neil, ogenovski, swarzer, Kennedy , Bresciano and start playing our best available younger players. Sure we made Brazil with these older guys but we've been terrible for a long time now playing against pretty average teams in Asia and still struggling. I'd rather struggle with youngsters with upside than old guys on the slide. Players like Nichols, franjic, behich , leckie, burns, topor Stanley, Zullo, oar , rukyavytsa, duke ,troisi, spiranovich, need to be put in there and left there.
" I used to go Missing a lot- Miss Canada, Miss United Kingdom, Miss Germany." George Best

RSGOLD123
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by RSGOLD123 »

where to buy cheap FIFA 14 Coins Funny factor, their purpose system is that it really functions a ton of doing aspects, without moving around a lot. I seemed everywhere to find, but still my main activity to begin filling Lumbridge crew's need. Lol, I'm getting far better complete it, and then I move to the next city.This is one of the aspects I battle go returning. I do not want to definitely provide them with cash just to analyze it out again, but my old concern has all this aspects, he can not use it, he could not do the tasks type of takes up. Overall, this is a rattling affordable activity, though.May be this site can help you: http://www.fastfifacoins.com/Fifa14coins/