Schwarzer dumped for 12/10 France game, host of newcomers.

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Schwarzer dumped for 12/10 France game, host of newcomers.

Post by Con M »

Mark has been getting splinters @ Chelsea so no surprise he won't play in Paris on Sat. 12/10/13 at 5.30 am Adelaide time. Langerak & Ryan deserve a run.

The surprise in the host of newcomers is Carney.

Those other newcomers/returnees include speedster Rukavytsya, Leckie, Bozanic, Cahill, Wilkshire, Vidosic & Williams.

France won't be easy and the likes of Ribery could make mincemeat of our flank defenders, but clearly someone up high has had a word in Osieck's shell-like ear to give youngsters a go after the disaster in Brasilia.

Canada on Wednesday 16/10/13 5.30am Adelaide time at Craven Cottage, Fulham WILL be a bit easier than the game in France to also test some youngsters. The mugs Canada - with a population bigger than Australia's - haven't qualified for Brazil 2014 and lost a golden opportunity to lift the profile of the game there while the World Cup next year is held directly south in their viewer-friendly time zone.

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Schwarzer dumped for 12/10 France game, host of newcomer

Post by adelaidebloke »

not playing enough and older than my grandpa

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

Top decision. Not half the gloveman of yesteryear and not playing first team should cost your spot.

:lol: at all the Muppets who said Chelsea would-be a great place for him to lift his form under Cech and Mou.... :lol: :lol:
COLOSSUS wrote:Let me guess, ive got no balls

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

Took the money so his fate was sealed, was my opinion then and still is now.

Just hope with this opportunity the youngens step up and show they are up to the job.

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

Chaos wrote: :lol: at all the Muppets who said Chelsea would-be a great place for him to lift his form under Cech and Mou.... :lol: :lol:
Who said that.
Time for some righteous indignation

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by GaylyColouredStumps »

Stitch This wrote:
Chaos wrote: :lol: at all the Muppets who said Chelsea would-be a great place for him to lift his form under Cech and Mou.... :lol: :lol:
Who said that.
the Muppets
These users thanked the author Sunny Vanilla for the post:
Old Master, johndedes, theorakle, ozzie owl, suzie, thewabster, Za Dom Spremni

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

El Paso del Norte wrote:
Stitch This wrote:
Who said that.
the Muppets
All of them as well...

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

Good to see some new faces in the side, much needed and should have been done 12 months ago. Still unsure why some names are still being called up and why others are missing out. Neill and Ognenovski (Cornthwaite as 3rd option) as CB's is not very flattering and will get walked over come Brazil 2014. Our LB and RB positions also need strengthening majorly. McKay is not a LB!!!

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Good to see Mitch Langerak is expressing enthusiasm at his chance to start in place of Schwarzer against La France this Sat. morn 5.30am (Adelaide time 12/10 on TV).

But worried he might be exposed by his defence against the likes of Cabaye, Nasri, Benzema, Giroud & Ribery.

I know France in Paris will be good experience. I know they had to play Brazil in that ill-fated thrashing to experience the conditions in that World Cup host country.

But I would have thought picking middle-order European countries for friendly sparring partners would have been wiser to not run the risk of demoralising slaughters, let alone summary sacking of Osieck.

Let's hope the French have one of their typical days where all that talent is not unified.

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Con M wrote:Good to see Mitch Langerak is expressing enthusiasm at his chance to start in place of Schwarzer against La France this Sat. morn 5.30am (Adelaide time 12/10 on TV).

But worried he might be exposed by his defence against the likes of Cabaye, Nasri, Benzema, Giroud & Ribery.

I know France in Paris will be good experience. I know they had to play Brazil in that ill-fated thrashing to experience the conditions in that World Cup host country.

But I would have thought picking middle-order European countries for friendly sparring partners would have been wiser to not run the risk of demoralising slaughters, let alone summary sacking of Osieck.

Let's hope the French have one of their typical days where all that talent is not unified.
Alas, it was a slaughter in Paris. Not good for the profile of the game here in OZ.

What was Carney thinking sticking up a hand like that? Even if he didn't touch the ball he tempted the ref to give the penalty. And why didn't captain Luca$ drag the ref over to speak to his assistant ref on the near side who might have had a clearer view of the non-handball.

And also talking about Neill, that was awful being caught out of the middle arguing about a throw-in which was quickly thrown over him & resulted in a French goal.

For me, only Bresciano stood out as wanting the ball & trying to make something happen.

Wilkshire killed, Mckay nowhere, Jedinak can't pass accurately, Kruse just can't join in any sustained passing interplay. Woe is us.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Con M wrote: But I would have thought picking middle-order European countries for friendly sparring partners would have been wiser to not run the risk of demoralising slaughters, let alone summary sacking of Osieck.
Playing against teams that truly expose your weaknesses can be demoralising but so can facing up to the truth.
Knowing something gives you knowledge, experiencing something teaches you wisdom.....it's time for Australia national football to wise up (once again).
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Con M wrote:And why didn't captain Luca$ drag the ref over to speak to his assistant ref on the near side who might have had a clearer view of the non-handball.

are you kidding me? drag the ref over?

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Con M wrote:And why didn't captain Luca$ drag the ref over to speak to his assistant ref on the near side who might have had a clearer view of the non-handball.

You know I don't mean literally dragging him over. A captain can verbally usher a ref over towards the assistant to have a word.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Con M wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:

You know I don't mean literally dragging him over. A captain can verbally usher a ref over towards the assistant to have a word.

not without risking a booking he can't. No where in the laws does it state the captain has any special powers to speak to the ref.

Fatty In A Nappy
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Fatty In A Nappy »

God is an Englishman wrote:No where in the laws does it state the captain has any special powers to speak to the ref.
Nor has it ever done.
Otherwise known as Buddha

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

Schwarzer might have kept it down to 4 - should have picked him. Think his place is safe for a while.