Bristol City sign Leeds United midfielder Neil Kilkenny

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

PhilDunphy
Star Player
Star Player

Bristol City sign Leeds United midfielder Neil Kilkenny

Post by PhilDunphy »

Bristol City have signed Leeds United midfielder Neil Kilkenny on a three-year deal.

Kilkenny's contract at Elland Road ran out this summer and he rejected a new one, amid reported interest from several other Championship clubs.

The 25-year-old Australia international joined Leeds in January 2008 for £150,000 from Birmingham City.

"The manager [Keith Millen] was fantastic and sold the club to me," he told BBC Radio Bristol.

"The way he spoke about the club, about the game and about me - he made my mind up.

"He described where the club wants to go and it fitted with my ambition, so that was the reason I joined."

Millen told the club website: "Leeds United offered him a new contract and there were other Championship clubs showing interest but he's opted to join us.

"We've beaten some strong competition to sign him and that's great for the club.

"He's a good age and an Australia international who has played a big part in Leeds' success in recent years.

"There aren't many creative midfielders available so the search has been difficult. The top players cost a lot of money but we've been fortunate in getting him in on a free transfer."

the_gun
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: Bristol City sign Leeds United midfielder Neil Kilkenny

Post by the_gun »

was hoping he'd get a epl contract but i guess bristol is not too bad.

redsfan
Star Player
Star Player

Post by redsfan »

the_gun wrote:was hoping he'd get a epl contract.
is he good enough? Heard plenty of differing opinions on the matter.

the_gun
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by the_gun »

not sure... evidently not.

Lilly Whites
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Lilly Whites »

Donkey.