Darwin football

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Darwin football

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

Northern Zone (Darwin and Region)

Sunday 8 October at the Italian Club
Division One Grand Final
4.00pm Darwin Olympic v Casuarina
Division Three Grand Final
1.15pm Darwin Olympic v University Rangers

Division One - Darwin Olympic and Casuarina will face off in the 2006 Division One Grand Final after convincing wins over Darwin Azzurri (6-1) and Port Darwin (3-0) respectively.

Darwin Clubs

Northern Zone - Club Information

Afro-Oz Football Club
[m] [w]
Casuarina Soccer Club
[m] [y] [j] [w]
Darwin Azzurri Football Club
[m] [y] [j]
Darwin Olympic Soccer Club
[m] [j]
Hellenic Athletic Club
[m] [y] [j] [w]
Karama United Football Club
[m]
Litchfield Football Club
[y] [j] [w]
Marrara Dragons Soccer Club
[m] [j] [w]
Nakara Soccer Club
[m] [j] [w]
Mindil Aces Soccer Club
[j]
Padres Football Club
[m]
Palmerston La-Faek Soccer Club
[m] [j] [w]
Port Darwin Soccer Club
[m] [y] [j]
University Rangers
[m]
Waratahs Soccer Club
[w]

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

Baggio....which one was ur old club???

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

Casuarina FC, feeder club to the FFSA State League Champions :D

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

I played for Casuarina as a junior which is a Timorie's/Portuguese club then Hellenic (Greek)for C grade (19's) then a few games B grade then A grade.

Olympic beat Casuarina 3 nil to win the top 4in the GF afew weeks back.

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

All 5 of our Darwin lads this season were from Casuarina FC.

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

I know.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

*** deleted ****

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

Some do care about Darwin soccer. Find another topic to get your post count up on please and leave the speer throwing to us :lol:

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

milanmilan wrote:***
ow do u no that milanmilan?? or our u just anticipating that they can't cause its Darwin

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

We are a small soccer community that have done ok with linited resources as well as limited coaching at youth level.
We have a goal keeper in the training sqaud for a Aussie youth team, have had several players make Aussie schoolboys and have had 3 players play NSL/A League. The founder of EFI is a Darwin lad who played at Everton and Sampadoria.
We aren't racist in Darwin either and those remarks are un called for.

BillShankly
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BillShankly »

Milanmilan your a disgrace

your racist comments arent needed on the forum.

Left Right Out
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Left Right Out »

Hi Guys,

Who played in SA this year (From Darwin) I heard that a couple of guys came down. Darwin league is Ok they like every league have strengths and weaknesses. I played at Azzurri for a few years, there are a few guys who could make it in other states but one of the main thing that did show up was the lack of training and dedication wasnt always the best (Me Included) I think its a huge shame that SA and NT dont play annually for a trophy or something, probably more SA Amatuers VS NT Team. Would be good. Any more guys looking to come down to play in SA? I have contacts for Premier League and Sat/Sun Div 1 Amatuers.

What about Con Dello is he still playing?
What about Robbie Dorigo?

There were 2 good strikers in Darwin Mitch Amity (I think) and the other guy was ethnic that scored alot of goals (Dreadlocks).

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

comeback kid wrote:Hi Guys,

Who played in SA this year (From Darwin) I heard that a couple of guys came down. Darwin league is Ok they like every league have strengths and weaknesses. I played at Azzurri for a few years, there are a few guys who could make it in other states but one of the main thing that did show up was the lack of training and dedication wasnt always the best (Me Included) I think its a huge shame that SA and NT dont play annually for a trophy or something, probably more SA Amatuers VS NT Team. Would be good. Any more guys looking to come down to play in SA? I have contacts for Premier League and Sat/Sun Div 1 Amatuers.

There were 2 good strikers in Darwin Mitch Amity (I think) and the other guy was ethnic that scored alot of goals (Dreadlocks).
The dread lock guy played at Galaxy down here and was at Hellenic afew seasons ago, not sure were he played last season?
Robbie is still in Darwin so much as I know.

The Darwin league was once great we won the ametuer national 3 years in a row the last was in Adelaide when we sent our under 23's team plus 4 overage players. Players like Scotty Piper who played here at Port Lion, Roberto Sera, both these guys also played Aussie school boys, Stavros Makrylos, myself and afew others. Your right about the training, abit slack at times.

Thats Robie holding the plate and I'm second in from the left kneeling.

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

comeback kid wrote:Hi Guys,

Hey, we had 4 playing at Cobras last season.
McCulloch & Casamuiro x 3

However, ive understood they are all trying their luck in super league next season at Campbelltown.

Good luck to em, good players and good blokes.

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

Is the Casamuiro boys old man in Adelaide as well?

Good they'll be at Campbeltown, I'll get to see more of them as we normaly have afew trials against them preseason.

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

nah i think he's still up there.
but the boys flew him down a few times last season.

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

My old man played with him in the NT team for years. They played Iraklis(spelling?) when they won the Greek title in the 80's.

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

A new stadium has been talked about for many years witht the land set aside, but it may now with the focus on football be happening.

Darwin Football Stadium

Architects Impressions

thanks to Jackman Gooden Architects

robinfriday10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by robinfriday10 »

saw the stadium under construction in october when up there with sapsassa soccer,looked good size and doin it the right way.former keeper of mine jamie hart up ther playing with italian club, said few good players but most equivilant to div 2 amateurs bar a few, training very slack, but with weather like that could understand( and i was there pre wet season)Jamie playin upfront these days

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

Got back last week and the stadium looks great, has a pitch on both sides and looks to be all under cover seating, but with the rain Darwin can get coming in sideways may be more for the sun.
Apparently all the other sports all whinging about the money that soccer are getting, but football is being bailed out of financial trouble almost every year.

I was also told the the Socceroos may prepare fro the Asian Cup up there due to the similar climate, and the same was said about our own AU or possible Sydney in preperation for the Asian CL.

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

4 arwin boys from Cobra's now at Cambellown, all the best boys.

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

1st round of the presidents cup was played last Sunday and Hellenic beat second division Rangers 2 nil to start the season with a win.

ReD_EmPiRe7
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by ReD_EmPiRe7 »

my best mates came from casuarina, who are now at Campbelltown and doing well...

inside info that there are some youngsters from Casuarina FC that will be coming to SA next year to try with some super league and prem league clubs...

good luck to them. they have some real talent, and Mr. Casamiro is doing a great job up their...
ΘΡΥΛΕ ΟΛΕ, ΕΙΣΑΙ ΑΡΡΩΣΤΕΙΑ ΟΛΥΜΠΙΑΚΕ

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

I've spoken to Loui about him bringing a team down before they go to Sydney for the Portugese/Timorese cup for some games against my lads.
I know the boys and their father. They seem to be fitting in well which is good to see.

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

Northern Zone A Grade 22/04/07

Port Darwin 3
Darwin Azzuri 2

Casuarina 4
Marrara 0

Hellenic V Olympic game postponed due to players in Adelaide for the Pan Hellenic Games

arxidi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by arxidi »

saw some of the darwin boys play on saturday at the pan helenic games. not bad...

apparantly one of their players was to stay back for a few extra days to trial with adelaide utd..

cant remember his name though.

good luck to him
everyone is entitled to my opinion

tsss

Paleon Patros Germanos
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Paleon Patros Germanos »

The Northern Territory number 10 was a good player Pedro???

Baggio u might be able to help us out I think the players were from a Kalimnos backed club.

Not too much info I know considering 95% of the Greeks in Darwin are from Kalimnos
Agia Lavra 1821!

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

If it's Pedro Stefenadakis (short, stocky and quick) I played withhim and he would be 28-29 now. He coached Hellenic afew years back.
The boys play for either Hellenic or Olympic and all go to the Kalimian brother hood hall for functions as both clubs have had their presentations there over the years. Hellenic train at the Greek School which is on a campus as big as most Government High Schools down here.

If you guys geta chance to visit go June /July as the weathers great and there's Euro backpackers everywere. You'll run amuck. Go to Discorary which is like HQ, its got 3 levels.

arxidi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by arxidi »

BAGGIO 15 wrote:If it's Pedro Stefenadakis (short, stocky and quick) I played withhim and he would be 28-29 now. He coached Hellenic afew years back.
The boys play for either Hellenic or Olympic and all go to the Kalimian brother hood hall for functions as both clubs have had their presentations there over the years. Hellenic train at the Greek School which is on a campus as big as most Government High Schools down here.

If you guys geta chance to visit go June /July as the weathers great and there's Euro backpackers everywere. You'll run amuck. Go to Discorary which is like HQ, its got 3 levels.
mmm the one im referring to was alittle taller, wearing 17 on the saturday...

and he looked much younger than late 20s......

who knows...
everyone is entitled to my opinion

tsss

ReD_EmPiRe7
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by ReD_EmPiRe7 »

BAGGIO 15 wrote:I've spoken to Loui about him bringing a team down before they go to Sydney for the Portugese/Timorese cup for some games against my lads.
I know the boys and their father. They seem to be fitting in well which is good to see.
Yeah, the boys are fitting in quiet well...yeah they'll be going up to Sydney at the end of the year for the Portuguese?Timorese cup...ill be going up with them... will be a good tournament. Will draw out some talent and great soccer which will attract good scouts...
ΘΡΥΛΕ ΟΛΕ, ΕΙΣΑΙ ΑΡΡΩΣΤΕΙΑ ΟΛΥΜΠΙΑΚΕ