NSW Grand Final

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

NSW Grand Final

Post by admin »

DeMARIGNY PREDICTING A GRAND FINAL UPSET AS BLACKTOWN CITY MEET SYDNEY UNITED IN THE SEASON DECIDER

Sydney United coach John Paul DeMarigny admits his side “can pull off an upsetâ€￾ and defeat Blacktown City in this weekends Vodafone Championship Grand Final. After surviving a torrid 5-3 win on penalties against reigning champions Bankstown City last Sunday, United are on a roll and have the Demons in their sights at Marconi Stadium this Sunday afternoon (kick-off 3.00pm).

"When I took over the club our aim was to make the final series and then go on and win the Grand Final and we are one game away from achieving that aim," said DeMarigny. "The boys have been freshened up this week and we are ready and raring to go."

United will be without three of their key midfielders and DeMarigny faces a tough decision in settling on his starting eleven. With Troy Halpin, Mason Palmieri and Jimmy Bakis all out suspended DeMarigny is toying with the idea of starting veteran striker Pablo Cardozo who has been playing off the bench for the past six weeks. Cardozo has shown improvement in recent weeks but his selection is still a gamble for DeMarigny who believes his best work could be off the bench as a substitute.

"Pablo will come into the equation for sure but a lot will depend on what happens at training leading up to the game," he said. "It's going to be a tough decision to make."

While DeMarigny has been chewing over his starting side his opposite Aytek Genc has had no such worries with his Demons side enjoying a much needed week off after their 2-0 win over Bankstown City Lions in the Major Semi-Final. Genc has given his side a good freshen up and admits the extra weeks rest has helped heal some niggling injuries.

"The week off has been a real positive and we have been able to give the team a chance to recover after the Lions game," said Genc. "The build-up to the game this past week has been intense and the boys are really looking forward to a big performance."

The Demons stand on the edge of football history having won all three trophies on offer this season. The Johnny Warren Cup, the Continental Tyres Cup and the Premiership trophy all hold pride of place at the Demons Sports Club and with Genc the overwhelming favourite to pick up the Coach of the year award, football history is beckoning for the Demons.

CELEBRITY TIPS

BRIAN BROWN (Marconi Stallions Coach) - "I'd like to see Blacktown City win because I have a lot of very good friends there but I have a sneaking suspicion that Sydney United are on a roll and might just sneak a result."

GREG WOODHOUSE (A.P.I.A. Leichhardt Assistant Coach) - "Aytek Genc has done a fantastic job with Blacktown this year and has then playing good football. They beat us in the Continental Tyres Cup and I just feel they'll be too good for United."

JOHN TURNER (Wollongong Wolves Coach) - "Defence wins Grand Finals and Blacktown have the best defence in the league this season. Finals football is never pretty but the Demons seem to be peaking at the right time."

PETER TSEKENIS (Bankstown City Lions Player/Coach) - "The week off will help Blacktown City enormously while Sydney United did it tough to beat us on penalties after extra-time. The Demons preparation has also been uninterrupted and with a very settled squad they should get home".

Don’t forget, fans of the World Game will have the opportunity to tune in LIVE to Foxtel Digital's Aurora Channel 183 for the Vodafone Premier League Grand Final on Sunday, July 16. Coverage starts at 3pm.

Post by Guest »

4.0 to Sydney Croatia...21yo Luka Glavas bagging all 4. Well done Sydney Cro! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Crazy-North
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Crazy-North »

peh sydney cro would neva win anifing if bonnyrigg was still in the league... bloody scandal sydney cro should be out of d league aswell

gunner#14
In Memory of Dylan Tombides
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by gunner#14 »

well in sydney cro! :D gud on ya's
*WE ARE THE ARSENAL!!*

OLE_69
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by OLE_69 »

yeah :!: congrats sydney croatia
You'll never walk Alone!!
Don't hate the Player hate the Game!!

Pinturicchio
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pinturicchio »

was bonnyrig kikd out because of the derby trouble a few years back??

some one please re tell the story for me?