Fabio Capello....

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

Blotto
Club Captain
Club Captain

Fabio Capello....

Post by Blotto »

Just saw something on Sky News saying that he contacted the FFA putting his name forward for the job....

anyone know if this is this a p*ss take or is this legit?

would be awesome if true..... though I do have severe doubts....

fb4e
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by fb4e »

IMO it would be an absolute disaster... all his teams have played boring, and are defensive minded... which would not sit well with the Australian public as they like to be entertained. He may get the results by I still think that he would lose their (public) support which is not something that we need. After all we are trying to grow the sport in this country to becoming the no.1 code. He is not the best man for the job IMO.
"JOGA BONITO" - PLAY BEAUTIFUL

pires7
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by pires7 »

fb4e wrote:IMO it would be an absolute disaster... all his teams have played boring, and are defensive minded... which would not sit well with the Australian public as they like to be entertained. He may get the results by I still think that he would lose their (public) support which is not something that we need. After all we are trying to grow the sport in this country to becoming the no.1 code. He is not the best man for the job IMO.
Did you watch many Real games last year to make this judgement? I can't remember if the Socceroo's were attacking or defensive minded in the Asian cup, it was just a rabble!
Huge difference between club and international football. We are in no position to be selecting coaches on entertainment value, we have a big enough task of getting to another big tournement first!

Blotto
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Blotto »

agreed.... I dont care if we sit back for 85 minutes and then hit teams on the counter if it gets up to South Africa.......

# 9
Star Player
Star Player

Post by # 9 »

if capello wants it i rekon give the guy tha chance, so wat if his club records have been boring, maybe his expertise lye on the international stage

Vaguely
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Vaguely »

13_aliaksandr_hleb wrote:if capello wants it i rekon give the guy tha chance, so wat if his club records have been boring, maybe his expertise lye on the international stage
Scudetto: 1991/92, 1992/93, 1993/94, 1995/96 (A.C Milan); 2000/01 (AS Roma); 2004/05, 2005/06(Juventus); * Juventus were subsequently stripped of both titles
La Liga: 1996/97, 2006/2007 (Real Madrid)
UEFA Champions League: 1994 (A.C Milan)
Italian Super Cup: 1992, 1993, 1994 (A.C Milan) 2001 (AS Roma)
European Super Cup: 1994 (A.C Milan)

I wouldnt call his club records boring.

Blotto
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Blotto »

I'd sell my soul to get this guy to coach Australia, boring or not.....

D.E.B.S.

Post by D.E.B.S. »

i want your soul

Blotto
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Blotto »

you give the Socceroos Fabio Capello and we'll see what we can organise... :wink:

Golden Greek
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Golden Greek »

i heard he makes his own brand of hats