Where to now for the Socceroos?

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

Rocky10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Where to now for the Socceroos?

Post by Rocky10 »

After a disappointing performance in the world cup, what does Australia have to do to reclaim its passion and enthusiasm like they had in the world cup.

Where do you see the Socceroos in a year from now?

Australia need to start bringing more youth into the side e.g. Nathan Burns, Dodd etc. The squad is ageing and we need to start preparing for the next world cup today. Give the young players experience and more confidence at International level.

Now the coach. Don't let me start on him. We need a coach from Overseas. This thing the FFA has in bringing coaches from Australia is bull. no offence Australians cant coach the world game. Not one decent coach has come out of Australia. The FFA appoints coaches from Australia because its a cheap way out. They dont wanna spend more money on a decent coach from overseas to get him over here. Arnold is done and dusted.

Australia need to take international football more seriously. The are treating the Asian cup as a free holiday and to get away from the house. Pull your fingers out of your ass and start performing and playing 2 halfs of football.

Reggina10Cozza
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Reggina10Cozza »

hope to God the likes of Viduka and Kewell hang around.... bring Mcdonald into the fray.... hope milligan, beauchaump and carney can establish themselves overseas as they have real potential.... the a-league is getting better always and our aussie based players are coping better with the international level.... In my opinion our line up needs to stay quite similar.... we just need a better tactician... I don't believe in these super subs, put your best team on the park.

Fiasco
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Fiasco »

Reggina10Cozza wrote:I don't believe in these super subs, put your best team on the park.
i agree 100%
ImageImage

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

The Asian Cup was obviously disappointing but it would be wrong to say that Football has gone backwards as a result (in terms of marketing etc) 2 years ago we wouldn't be talking about Football in July! It showed however that qualifying for the World Cup is far from a certainty. I must admit I thought we would win, then easily qualify for the World Cup and play "small" Asian teams (at home) in half full stadiums. Instead we can look forward to a very hard campaign with sold out crowds etc - qualify and Football really has arrived.

We need a 'big name" coach -I'm certain that Arnold isn't insane and therefore the "deal" with Everton and Cahill was "real" - do you think Guus would have agreed to only being able to play Cahill as a sub? No Chance