Australia vs Thailand

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

**NERAZZURRI**
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by **NERAZZURRI** »

--------------------schwartzer

---------beauchamp --- thwaite----- milligan

-------------------cahill---------grella

emerton----------------------------------- ---------kewell

--------------------------bresciano

----------------thompson-------viduka

diegom
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by diegom »

Burns played yesterday for United, So its a bit of IMPOSSIBLE for him to fly out and be ready for this evenings game.

I think Australia need to score first to have any chance of winning. If we go down first we will be in real trouble. An early goal will be disastrous.

I really DO NOT CARE who starts and plays where, AS LONG AS WE WIN!!!!

Jono82
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Jono82 »

BADA BING wrote:If they do have a deal then why did Cahill state he wants to start the next game against Thailand and he also wanted to start against Iraq :?:
I'm sure he wanted to...

However, I'm sure Arnold is too much of a wuss to stand up to Moyes! :shock:

I'm sure Cahill will start tonight (probably after calling Moyes and telling him he wants to play).

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

cahill played 45 mins v iraq didn't he? 45 > 30
Ingle Farm Amateur Soccer Club
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ifasc
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ifasc

Jono82
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Jono82 »

._. wrote:cahill played 45 mins v iraq didn't he? 45 > 30
Thanks for that keen insight!

Not sure... Maybe it's 45 mins that he's supposed to play! - I honestly dont know the details of the arrangement!

Pimpong
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pimpong »

diegom wrote:Burns played yesterday for United, So its a bit of IMPOSSIBLE for him to fly out and be ready for this evenings game.

I think Australia need to score first to have any chance of winning. If we go down first we will be in real trouble. An early goal will be disastrous.

I really DO NOT CARE who starts and plays where, AS LONG AS WE WIN!!!!
I thought you could only pick players that you selected before the Asian Cup began so therefore you cannot bring in Nathan Burns.

"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is someone like Norman Einstein" Bill Shankly - Ex. Liverpool Manager

Pimpong
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pimpong »

Archie Thompson is under a slight injury cloud after receiving a knock to his right knee at training.

"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is someone like Norman Einstein" Bill Shankly - Ex. Liverpool Manager

Vaguely
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Vaguely »

Carney, Beauchamp and Milligan all starting in the game tonight. Heard it on ten news

King Henry Returns
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by King Henry Returns »

diegom wrote:Burns played yesterday for United, So its a bit of IMPOSSIBLE for him to fly out and be ready for this evenings game
The smog level in Milan shot up by 200% on April 22, as millions of dusty Nerazzurri flags were taken out of the closet and waved wildly.

barbarez01
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by barbarez01 »

there cant be any arrangements between the club managers and players during COMPETATIVE international, the coach can ask for a player to play only 45 min in a friendly but not in tournaments like this one, so Arnold has Cahill at his disposal but cahill wasnt fit to start the last two matches and hopefully he is tonight.
Sejad Salihovic!!

Jono82
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Jono82 »

barbarez01 wrote:there cant be any arrangements between the club managers and players during COMPETATIVE international, the coach can ask for a player to play only 45 min in a friendly but not in tournaments like this one, so Arnold has Cahill at his disposal but cahill wasnt fit to start the last two matches and hopefully he is tonight.
So, why didnt Australia ever pick players like Kewell and co. when we were playing against American Samoa and the other Pacific Island countries?

The real world doesnt work like Football Manager!

barbarez01
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by barbarez01 »

Jono82 wrote:
barbarez01 wrote:there cant be any arrangements between the club managers and players during COMPETATIVE international, the coach can ask for a player to play only 45 min in a friendly but not in tournaments like this one, so Arnold has Cahill at his disposal but cahill wasnt fit to start the last two matches and hopefully he is tonight.
So, why didnt Australia ever pick players like Kewell and co. when we were playing against American Samoa and the other Pacific Island countries?

The real world doesnt work like Football Manager!
because kewell simply doesnt want to play against those types of countries and risk pointless injury, where our a-league players would beat them 15-0 easy.. theres no point.. he wouldnt even get called up for it..
Sejad Salihovic!!

barbarez01
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by barbarez01 »

kewell dropped.. aloisi, miligan and carney starting.. wilkshire starting at right back.... EMERTON playing as a CENTRE HALF?!? wtf is arnold doing.
Sejad Salihovic!!

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

Looks odd, but playing a hell of alot better.

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

Milligan, Beauchamp and Carney have been stars

Bresciano back to his best, which is good to see

Translator
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Translator »

thought we were lucky to be up at the half. Thailand seem to be able to make the play and create the better chances, Australia still look vulnerable to school boy errors at the back. Hopefully they hold up and they get a 2nd.

Thailand will go all out in the last 20 to win it
I don't like lies. I have understood your market where sometimes lies sell more than truth. This is your life and I don't like it. I understand your work and I have to work with you, but the protection of my group is much more important than you

pires7
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by pires7 »

definitely need a clean sheet today! Another goal would be handy too

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

4-0.....poor second half...flattering scoreline

Thailand definitely unlucky not to equalise but we took our chances and i think that we deserved the win after a great 1st half. We played on the counter took our chances when we had them and that was the difference.

I don't know if Arnold told the lads to sit back on the 1-0 and play counter-attack but if he did, he is a joke cause Thailand could've easily equalised.

Mark's first goal showed fantastic strength and neat dink over the keeper.
Great finish by Mark and Harry on the 3rd and 4th goals.

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

We didn't track runners to well in the first 30 of the second half, Swarz is in great touch which is good for us. Were through so thats all that matters now.

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

BAGGIO 15 wrote:We didn't track runners to well in the first 30 of the second half, Swarz is in great touch which is good for us. Were through so thats all that matters now.
Yeh, that's the main thing but it would've been nice if we had to play Vietnam not Japan. Going to be a very tough game and Japan are going to take their chances eg. Takahara, Nakamura etc unlike Thailand.

I wouldn't put it past Iraq getting into the final. I very favourable last 8 clash and they would be full of confidence they could be the suprise packet.

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

well done to the aussies.. had two shocking games but came with with a decent overall performance tonight..

first half was fantastic, we actually displayed a sense of urgency and played with true aussie spirit

we were extremely lucky not to cop a goal (or more) in the second half but the football gods were on our side tonight, nuthin went right in front of goals for thai..

and we took our chances.. the class definately showed with viduka's first, text book header, harrys balance and pinpoint finish, Milligan, Beauchamp and Carney all did us and the a-league proud

still cant wait to see the back of arnold :)

hopefully this swings the confidence in our favour and we give the japs another dose of history :D

oi.. oi.. oi..
H _ S T _ K _ buy a vowel?
----------------------------

Owusu_1
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Owusu_1 »

I dunno if anyone has brought this up yet (i haven't read all the previous posts) but Australia progressed to the knockout stage similar to that of the World Cup.....1 win, 1 draw and a loss.
Every team needs the Powerhouse.

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

I prefer the central defence we saw tonight rather than any defence containing Lucas Neill.

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

ordinary:
bresciano
grella
aloisi
viduka

brilliant:
milligan (MOTM for me)
culina
beauchamp
carney (though didn't see enough of him attacking, did everything right defensively)
Ingle Farm Amateur Soccer Club
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ifasc
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ifasc

DMT
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by DMT »

._. wrote:ordinary:
bresciano
grella
aloisi
viduka

brilliant:
milligan (MOTM for me)
culina
beauchamp
carney (though didn't see enough of him attacking, did everything right defensively)
couldn't agree more. I thought Aloisi and Viduka (besides his goals) ware both really very poor, couldn't hold the ball up against smaller defenders??? Aloisi's first touch is horrid to watch, just when we needed him to take a touch and pass he would hold on to it for too long. Why the feck would aloisi and viduka be paired up front anyway?? The are both similar player ffs!! Why not play Thompson up front with viduka?