ENGLAND v AUSTRALIA

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: ENGLAND v AUSTRALIA

Post by redfred »

Like most things we invented/ started and took to the world, they got better. So be it. the western world began on a small island west of mainland Europe and invented the best sport and have only been world champions once. I'll take that. Could be worse, I could NOT be English. :wink: :lol:
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

redfred wrote:Like most things we invented/ started and took to the world, they got better. So be it. the western world began on a small island west of mainland Europe and invented the best sport and have only been world champions once. I'll take that. Could be worse, I could NOT be English. :wink: :lol:
I guess you're another that has a good excuse to why you live in Oz (assuming you actually do). :wink:
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Bomber wrote:
redfred wrote:Like most things we invented/ started and took to the world, they got better. So be it. the western world began on a small island west of mainland Europe and invented the best sport and have only been world champions once. I'll take that. Could be worse, I could NOT be English. :wink: :lol:
I guess you're another that has a good excuse to why you live in Oz (assuming you actually do). :wink:
Just because someone for various reasons lives in another country doesn't mean they aren't proud of their nationality. I have an acquaintance who lives in Thailand who hasn't missed an England away game for 30 years. His work took him to Thailand, doesn't stop him living his country.

Trust me the cons who live in England, will certainly tell you how great australia is. Yet they chose to leave.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Just because someone for various reasons lives in another country doesn't mean they aren't proud of their nationality. I have an acquaintance who lives in Thailand who hasn't missed an England away game for 30 years. His work took him to Thailand, doesn't stop him living his country.

Trust me the cons who live in England, will certainly tell you how great australia is. Yet they chose to leave.
Most would likely be on holiday or temp visas, whereas most here have settled and here for the long term. There's your difference.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:Most would likely be on holiday or temp visas, whereas most here have settled and here for the long term. There's your difference.
Do we base discussions on "most would likely" now?

Bottom line is aussies in London are proud (for some unknown reason) of their nationality, so why shouldn't an Englishman be proud of his - I know I am.

On settled here for the long term - what are you counting me under?

Doovde
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Doovde »

Bomber wrote:Most would likely be on holiday or temp visas, whereas most here have settled and here for the long term. There's your difference.

Bottom line is aussies in London are proud (for some unknown reason) of their nationality, so why shouldn't an Englishman be proud of his - I know I am.

I agree with you that there is nothing wrong with being proud of where you are from.

but your comment suggest that being proud of being Australian is some how wrong

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

The middle ground/undecided. BUT - We're more generous with letting in Brits (since convict days) and allowing them to stay longer, so if anything, given your current tenure, I'd have to lean toward settled as to date I've had no signs to suggest otherwise.

How long (as in longest) do you rate a holiday period?
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

I intend to go back quite soon.

I intend to get rid of the long term holiday in the next few years.

However, Australian records would have me as a "permanent resident"

Cufc1
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Cufc1 »

Well that's ten minutes of my life I'm not getting back

Ps- wembley might be unavailable in May due to cup semis/finals and play off finals, hence why it's up north

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Cufc1 wrote:Well that's ten minutes of my life I'm not getting back

Ps- wembley might be unavailable in May due to cup semis/finals and play off finals, hence why it's up north
I doubt the game wouldn't be on a international break weekend?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Stuckey wrote:
Cufc1 wrote:Well that's ten minutes of my life I'm not getting back

I doubt the game wouldn't be on a international break weekend?
It's the same day as the league one play off final.

I'll be watching the Millwall game instead then.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote:I intend to go back quite soon.

Out of interest, when you go back, are you likely to continue posting on FN seeing you love so many here?
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:

Out of interest, when you go back, are you likely to continue posting on FN seeing you love so many here?
I'm sure I'll pop in and continue to help the education in the 3rd world.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Bomber wrote:

I'm sure I'll pop in and continue to help the education in the 3rd world.
Have you any report cards done? I assume you need to have some form of measure of success if this has any merit.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:Have you any report cards done? I assume you need to have some form of measure of success if this has any merit.
No I haven't. The ones I had completed were in some foreign language. They talked about capsicums and courgettes. You should have seen my reports from the ones I did on how to drive a car. No one even seemed to understand the question "what is an indicator used for?"

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

yes bomber I live here. Adelaide, economically a very good place to live.
I was kidnapped by my parents many years ago and have become accustomed to this easy lifestyle with 30+ degree weather :lol: .
Also happy to keep the anglo numbers up in a country founded by Anglo's :wink: .
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Doovde wrote:

I agree with you that there is nothing wrong with being proud of where you are from.

but your comment suggest that being proud of being Australian is some how wrong
No, it suggests I can't think of a reason to be proud of it. Can you?

Sawajiri Erika
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Sawajiri Erika »

Given that no one has a choice on where they are born it's a naff argument.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Sawajiri Erika wrote:Given that no one has a choice on where they are born it's a naff argument.
Where you're born is irrelevant anyway, however you don't get a choice on your nationality either. I'm still proud to be English though.
Last edited by God is an Englishman on Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vuvuzela Heaven
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Vuvuzela Heaven »

What is an anions lotus?
There's a buzz in the stadium

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Vuvuzela Heaven wrote:What is an anions lotus?

I have absolutely no idea

Vuvuzela Heaven
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Vuvuzela Heaven »

Sawajiri Erika wrote:Given that no one has a choice on where they are born it's a naff argument.
Where you're born is irrelevant anyway, however you don't get a choice on your anions lotus either. I'm still proud to be English though.
I'mn glad you edited it because I would never have guess what anions lotus was supposed to mean.
There's a buzz in the stadium

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Bomber wrote:Have you any report cards done? I assume you need to have some form of measure of success if this has any merit.
No I haven't. The ones I had completed were in some foreign language. They talked about capsicums and courgettes. You should have seen my reports from the ones I did on how to drive a car. No one even seemed to understand the question "what is an indicator used for?"
So you're failing as a "teacher" then! Must be that Millwall mentality. "We think we're the best, are really no good, but pretend because of some ancient historical events, claim to be the best at everything anyway" (but we don't care). :wink:
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:
So you're failing as a "teacher" then! Must be that Millwall mentality. "We think we're the best, are really no good, but pretend because of some ancient historical events, claim to be the best at everything anyway" (but we don't care). :wink:
Unfortunately even the best teachers struggle with students who don't want to learn. However, I will stick to my task.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

I think the Leicester uni education is more the issue. Like having a University of Elizabeth Downs degree. :wink:
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:I think the Leicester uni education is more the issue. Like having a University of Elizabeth Downs degree. :wink:
It's famous for its football research department

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

SQUAD:

GOALKEEPERS: Adam Federici (Bournemouth), Mitch Langerak (Stuttgart), Mat Ryan (Valencia)

DEFENDERS:Josh Risdon (Perth Glory), Brad Smith (Liverpool), Bailey Wright (Preston North End), Aziz Behich (Bursaspor), Milos Degenek (1860 Munich), Alex Wilkinson (Sydney FC)

MIDFIELDERS: Chris Ikonomidis (Salernitana on loan from Lazio), Jackson Irvine (Ross County FC), Mile Jedinak (Crystal Palace), Mark Milligan (Baniyas), Aaron Mooy (Melbourne City), Tom Rogic (Celtic), Craig Goodwin (Sparta Rotterdam), Massimo Luongo (Queens Park Rangers), Stefan Mauk (Adelaide United), Matt McKay (Brisbane Roar)
ATTACKERS: Robbie Kruse (Bayer Leverkusen), Jamie Maclaren (Brisbane Roar), Bradden Inman (Crew Alexandra FC), Tomi Juric (Roda JC)
Read more at http://www.zerostriker.com/socceroos-sq ... ZR8l1YV.99

Wonderful to see Goody and Mauk in!

Nice to see a couple of lads yet to play from Europe in as well.
I think this is why its so important to have Euro friendlies regularly. Make it easier for these lads to be released from their clubs.

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

Stuckey wrote:
SQUAD:

GOALKEEPERS: Adam Federici (Bournemouth), Mitch Langerak (Stuttgart), Mat Ryan (Valencia)

DEFENDERS:Josh Risdon (Perth Glory), Brad Smith (Liverpool), Bailey Wright (Preston North End), Aziz Behich (Bursaspor), Milos Degenek (1860 Munich), Alex Wilkinson (Sydney FC)

MIDFIELDERS: Chris Ikonomidis (Salernitana on loan from Lazio), Jackson Irvine (Ross County FC), Mile Jedinak (Crystal Palace), Mark Milligan (Baniyas), Aaron Mooy (Melbourne City), Tom Rogic (Celtic), Craig Goodwin (Sparta Rotterdam), Massimo Luongo (Queens Park Rangers), Stefan Mauk (Adelaide United), Matt McKay (Brisbane Roar)
ATTACKERS: Robbie Kruse (Bayer Leverkusen), Jamie Maclaren (Brisbane Roar), Bradden Inman (Crew Alexandra FC), Tomi Juric (Roda JC)
Preston North End & Ross County!!! ..... some quality in there :lol:

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brian the Postman »

How does Mackay keep getting into these squads?
It's all in the Delivery!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Vardy and Kane must be worried