OS Aussies talk.

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

OS Aussies talk.

Post by Stuckey »

I thought I'd start a thread for all our Overseas Aussies talk. Feel free the create independent threads for news you deem big enough for their own ones.

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: OS Aussies talk.

Post by Stuckey »

Talk is Robbie Kruse will be loaned out to Mainz for the season.

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Federici and Ryan Edwards should both start in the Championship season opener for Reading. Surely Edwards isn't far away from a call up.

Funny that he apparently wasn't good enough for Perth.

osale
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by osale »

i like ur gif pic :D

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

Stuckey wrote:Federici and Ryan Edwards should both start in the Championship season opener for Reading. Surely Edwards isn't far away from a call up.

You do realise that he was only on loan at Perth right?
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Black_Panther wrote:
Stuckey wrote:Federici and Ryan Edwards should both start in the Championship season opener for Reading. Surely Edwards isn't far away from a call up.

You do realise that he was only on loan at Perth right?
I do. I also realise the reason people at Perth claimed he wasn't up to it was more to do with staining his old man's record.

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Luongo scored in Swindon's season opener. Good start for him.

http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/4024/aus ... roo-luongo

astonvilla91
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by astonvilla91 »

Aston Villa midfielder Chris Herd is back playing and wants to be considered for the 2015 AFC Asian Cup.

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

astonvilla91 wrote:Aston Villa midfielder Chris Herd is back playing and wants to be considered for the 2015 AFC Asian Cup.
I see he's been playing a number of Villa's pre season matches. What position has he been playing? I know he used to be a midfielder then he started playing more as a defender.

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

Very handy player in with Jedinek centrally, then you can put in a real attackig number 10....ie robbie kruse

Oar leckie out wide

astonvilla91
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by astonvilla91 »

Stuckey wrote:
astonvilla91 wrote:Aston Villa midfielder Chris Herd is back playing and wants to be considered for the 2015 AFC Asian Cup.
I see he's been playing a number of Villa's pre season matches. What position has he been playing? I know he used to be a midfielder then he started playing more as a defender.
Pre-season has seen him in the back line.

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

astonvilla91 wrote:
Stuckey wrote:
Pre-season has seen him in the back line.
Well considering defence appeared to be the biggest issue for the Socceroos in the WC. I hope Ange gives him a go and he's actually interested in playing for us! I think the way his career has dipped a fair bit in the last 12 months a Socceroos call up could be just what his career needs.

ikon
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by ikon »

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

I'm surprised that people aren't wetting their pants about the guy playing first team at River Plate.
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Black_Panther wrote:I'm surprised that people aren't wetting their pants about the guy playing first team at River Plate.
Its not the EPL so no one cares.

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Apparently Celtic have told Rogic he can leave if he can get a contract elsewhere,
I'd have him on AU's bench ;)

adelaidebloke
Star Player
Star Player

Post by adelaidebloke »

Rojic, has fallen away big time!!

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

adelaidebloke wrote:Rojic, has fallen away big time!!
TBF he has had a lot of injury issues.

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Eager for more first-team football, fringe Socceroos midfielder Jackson Irvine has taken up a season-long loan deal at Scottish Premier League strugglers Ross County.
http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/art ... rlx2smxhmv

Good to see him get out of Celtic for the season and hopefully find some first Xi.
But Ross County? Surely coming back to the HAL would have been a better move.

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Well what a turn around! A month ago he was on the bench of the reserves side. Now Amini has been named in the Dortmund UCL squad to play Arsenal.

astonvilla91
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by astonvilla91 »

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29313825
Bolton Wanderers are set to sign Aston Villa midfielder Chris Herd on a one-month loan deal.

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

astonvilla91 wrote:http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29313825
Bolton Wanderers are set to sign Aston Villa midfielder Chris Herd on a one-month loan deal.
Maybe a drop in standard might be good for him to cement a starting spot somewhere.

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

And people tried to give AU a hard time about ignoring youth. Sydney are champions of it!
EXCLUSIVE: Former Sydney FC forward Josh Macdonald has secured a two-year deal with English side Nottingham Forest and is hoping to make his debut for the club’s development team on Monday.
Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/nott ... t7kxsyT.99

Blahblah
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Blahblah »

Stuckey wrote:Well what a turn around! A month ago he was on the bench of the reserves side. Now Amini has been named in the Dortmund UCL squad to play Arsenal.
Problem is a certain 18 y.o. from Cerezo Osaka has turned up, Maruoka, and has gone straight from their reserves to the 1st squad (I believe both play a similar type of role - could be wrong).

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Blahblah wrote:
Stuckey wrote:Well what a turn around! A month ago he was on the bench of the reserves side. Now Amini has been named in the Dortmund UCL squad to play Arsenal.
Problem is a certain 18 y.o. from Cerezo Osaka has turned up, Maruoka, and has gone straight from their reserves to the 1st squad (I believe both play a similar type of role - could be wrong).
Maybe a return to CCM would be good for him. I thought he played his best football during the last season he spent at CCM on loan from Dortmund.

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

After a lifetime of battling bad luck and adversity, Blake Ricciuto was overcome with emotion when finally given a chance to shine by Uruguay side, Penarol.
Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/leag ... wIvFHK6.99

:lol: Another SFC player making it big after being cut by the club. Could that club be any more of a joke!

Flinders SC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Flinders SC »

Stuckey wrote:
Blahblah wrote:
Maybe a return to CCM would be good for him. I thought he played his best football during the last season he spent at CCM on loan from Dortmund.
He'll never play regularly for Dortmund. He needs to decide what will benefit him more: game time or the coachin he receives at BVB.
FSC

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Andy1991 wrote:
Stuckey wrote:
Blahblah wrote: Problem is a certain 18 y.o. from Cerezo Osaka has turned up, Maruoka, and has gone straight from their reserves to the 1st squad (I believe both play a similar type of role - could be wrong).
He'll never play regularly for Dortmund. He needs to decide what will benefit him more: game time or the coachin he receives at BVB.
IMO he needs to hit the road. The coaching is obviously great but it will only take him so far. He must be playing regularly to take the next step. Its pretty clear what Ange is looking for as well. If Luongo and Leckie are getting called up regularly playing the level they are then game time is the most important thing.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Stuckey wrote:Apparently Celtic have told Rogic he can leave if he can get a contract elsewhere,
I'd have him on AU's bench ;)

He wouldn't be on it very often as he would spend most of his time on the Physio's bench.

He is one of those unfortunate players that just keep on getting injured and eventually having to retire early - been there done that. :cry:
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

Stuckey wrote:
After a lifetime of battling bad luck and adversity, Blake Ricciuto was overcome with emotion when finally given a chance to shine by Uruguay side, Penarol.
Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/leag ... wIvFHK6.99

:lol: Another SFC player making it big after being cut by the club. Could that club be any more of a joke!
You do realise this guy is just a youth player at penarol?