Women refs at the Qatar 2022 World Cup

This forum is for the discussion of other football topics including Futsal, Indoor Soccer, 7-a-side, Referees and Rules of the Game

Moderator: Forum Admins

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Women refs at the Qatar 2022 World Cup

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Good idea or bad idea? I'm assuming they'll only feature in the group stages, but my concern is that the men's game is so fast, how will they keep up, even the male refs struggle?
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

C U Next Saturday
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Women refs at the Qatar 2022 World Cup

Post by C U Next Saturday »

Just get the best match officials......

more interesting is the Middle Eastern attitudes if there is a female match official appointed

rooboy1986
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rooboy1986 »

How many male officials will be at the next Women's World Cup?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:47 am Good idea or bad idea? I'm assuming they'll only feature in the group stages, but my concern is that the men's game is so fast, how will they keep up, even the male refs struggle?
I'm surprised there isn't at least one transgender or "gender neutral" ref appointed yet. No doubt there will "have to" be at least one in 2026 the way the world is going.
Ignore this signature

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

rooboy1986 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:56 am How many male officials will be at the next Women's World Cup?
I honestly have no idea, but the point is not one of gender or sex or whatever the term is these days, it's about physical ability. The players at the World Cup will be the fastest and fittest around, is a female official capable of keeping up with play?
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 1:07 pm
rooboy1986 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:56 am How many male officials will be at the next Women's World Cup?
I honestly have no idea, but the point is not one of gender or sex or whatever the term is these days, it's about physical ability. The players at the World Cup will be the fastest and fittest around, is a female official capable of keeping up with play?
You're sounding like the local brigade now. ;-) The best refs aren't necessarily the fittest.

Plus they always have that little old chestnut called VAR to come to their rescue
Ignore this signature

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

C U Next Saturday wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:16 am Just get the best match officials......

more interesting is the Middle Eastern attitudes if there is a female match official appointed
Well said