Starting out in Futsal

This forum is for the discussion of other football topics including Futsal, Indoor Soccer, 7-a-side, Referees and Rules of the Game

Moderator: Forum Admins

Growler
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Starting out in Futsal

Post by Growler »

Hello all,

I am looking at starting my son (Under 9's / Under 10's) in Futsal and am after some recommendations regarding the various competitions / organisations / venues, that are currently hosting competitions and/or training.

I have viewed this forum at length, however am a bit confused by the amount of locations running competitions and their allegiances to either Futsal SA, SA Futsal, or whatever else may have cropped up.

Effectively I am after a location in the North Eastern suburbs (or thereabouts), which will provide my son with the opportunity to continue his skill development, prior to the next outdoor season commencing. I realise that the season has already commenced, however my previous plans for the summer have unfortunately fallen through.

Thanks in advance for anyone who takes the time to reply.

Regards

chuck norris
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Starting out in Futsal

Post by chuck norris »

Hi Growler,

You could probably email either futsal SA or the South Australian Futsal league and see if any teams are looking for players but as you noted the season has already started and teams have already been filled. That being said, you never know.

Also it is usually up to parents or a group of players to start a team and enter a competition as opposed to individuals seeking positions within a team but i may be wrong..

If a club is what you're looking for then the only two i am aware of is Adelaide Fusion and Adelaide Fury - there are no federation clubs. One is based at Gepps Cross and the other could be North/east (i'm not sure). I'm sure they have Facebook pages that you can seek contact details on.

Growler
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Growler »

Thanks Chuck for the response, very much appreciated.

Push It
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Push It »

Hi Growler

Adelaide Fury are a Futsal club that could accommodate you're sons needs...... They currently have an U/10 Squad that trains at Windsor gardens the Head coach is Carlos Cravo you can contact him on 0427 062 853 hopefully he can help you

Regards

solofin
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by solofin »

It is great to see that you have chosen Futsal as a sport to start off with, because of the fact that is immensly fun, fats paced and helpful for your football ability, but for you, I would recommend that in order for you to know the most effective ways and strategies to gain that extra edge over others who are starting out, i would recommend you check out this blog post:

https://streetsul.wordpress.com/2016/08 ... or-futsal/

I also have a post that explains the various amount of benefits that is given to you be Futsal, and that is here:

https://streetsul.wordpress.com/2016/08 ... aestro-p1/

Best of luck, hope this helps

Aldren
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Aldren »