Nationals 2014

This forum is for the discussion of other football topics including Futsal, Indoor Soccer, 7-a-side, Referees and Rules of the Game

Moderator: Forum Admins

juvefever
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Nationals 2014

Post by juvefever »

Help Please:-
been observing some of the state selections......are there no other players who wish to trial or are the trials solely run on an invitation basis?

on-side
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Nationals 2014

Post by on-side »

juvefever wrote:Help Please:-
been observing some of the state selections......are there no other players who wish to trial or are the trials solely run on an invitation basis?
Quite a few years ago now both my sons nominated to attend state futsal trials filled out a nomination form and then .... after waiting 5 months.... yes thats 5 months - we were told they werent going to do trials but select the same way they had done previously ... go figure...

juvefever
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by juvefever »

The reason I ask with all due respect
....are these the best players as I have watched some games seen some outstanding lads and these boys are no whetr to be seen.....also read a lot on here bout the heirachy etc....but are these the best coaches...how are they selected? Do they have sons in the team automatically ? etc. Ive been told not much has changed from past years and weve been going over to Canberra and mostly underachieving (If i have the wrong info pkease let me know).....does anyone have an idea as to why this is.....is it poor coaching...poor/bias selecting or a combination of both?

Twinkle toes
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Twinkle toes »

Where can we find the selected squad? i'm interested to see what they've come up with.

cheesecake shop 2
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by cheesecake shop 2 »

Its a secret!!!

Players wont be announced till the day before they leave

or till the time they can fit the usual suspects. :wink:
CMON CARLTON
crue head wrote:
looprevil wrote:No. But there is no harm in being positive to AUFC.
Maybe everyone doesn't adore AUFC

Last time I checked it's not an AUFC supporters only forum

So no need to tell them to 'F OFF'

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

Think they handed out forms to those they wanted to trial at the first game round ..or so I was told ... my son wasn't at the first game and was sick the second but then played and was asked to be at the last trial (think there may have been two or three and/or may still be one or two trials don't really know) son didn't want to trial for it so didn't attend ....think the trial was on 9am on Sunday and he wanted to stay up all night playing Fifa with his friend!! ... but from what I understand that was the process.

catinahat_woof
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by catinahat_woof »

Who would want to represent Adelaide Force at the state nationals. Except Jake LaScala? The whole process is a joke!
im the reason why your mother wakes up with a smile

juvefever
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by juvefever »

Its just I have seen players who are fantastic and have not been asked and im pretty sure they have either participated or trialled in the past. Have spoken to a couple today actually and it seems political crap and Barossa Pearl is mostly the reason these kids werent even asked. One coach aparently after asking kids to come out ....at the start of the triall basically told them...."I think im gonna go with who I took last year" why ask these boys out in the first place....Im not saying all but some coaches I think are just old geriatric leftovers trying to make something of themselves. ...pity futsal sa dont have trials for coaches.

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

juvefever wrote:Its just I have seen players who are fantastic and have not been asked and im pretty sure they have either participated or trialled in the past. Have spoken to a couple today actually and it seems political crap and Barossa Pearl is mostly the reason these kids werent even asked. One coach aparently after asking kids to come out ....at the start of the triall basically told them...."I think im gonna go with who I took last year" why ask these boys out in the first place....Im not saying all but some coaches I think are just old geriatric leftovers trying to make something of themselves. ...pity futsal sa dont have trials for coaches.
I wouldn't exactly call Cristiano an old Geriatric leftover and he is one of the State coaches.. in fact Futsal SA is very lucky to have him involved.

Is the first time my son has played Futsal and have to say is a really fast paced and good game .. he was sick the first game he played and was surprised by the pace of it after playing Indoor Soccer but after playing his second game on Sunday loves it and have to agree is fast and quite exciting to watch..

juvefever
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by juvefever »

As I said in my post NOT ALL COACHES....but there are some who really need to be moved on!!

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

juvefever wrote:As I said in my post NOT ALL COACHES....but there are some who really need to be moved on!!
Yeah .. just re read your post .. sorry about that..

Toon Army
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Toon Army »

catinahat_woof wrote:Who would want to represent Adelaide Force at the state nationals. Except Jake LaScala? The whole process is a joke!
A 12,13,14 year old boy / girl who is not involved with all the adult negativity going around. I cannot see the difference in the kids trialling for Futsal or kids being nominated by their club to trial for Stic? Therefore if the child is not chosen by their club they are not good enough? Obviously some people have been burnt by Futsal SA but let the kids have fun, dint the youth team and girls make the grand final this year and U13's make semi finals? But we don't keep scores as if we did our skillsroos from the last tournament would be cabernet.

futsal01-00
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by futsal01-00 »

Sorry to jump in. I'm in Texas where futsal is growing at a rapid rate. The way players are picked here is through a national tryouts at different areas of the country. The only problem is that you have to pay and you have to be referred by one of the futsal coaches affiliated with US Soccer.

The aggravation is every where. If parents do not have enough money to cover the cost to tryout and to drive or fly their player to the tryout. Then are the best players being picked? The players with the means are not necessary the best players.

chuck norris
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by chuck norris »

Apparently we have the quality next year according to this.

http://futsal4all.com/2013/11/brazilian ... ff-futsal/.

Don't think there is all over quality reading the names tbh.. Where do half of them play?

chuck norris
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by chuck norris »

And absolutely none of the names mentioned in the previous post regarding quality futsal players.

pulse
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by pulse »

Looking at the squad it seems this squad will fail to score more goals than last time.

"now thats sexy football"

WayneO
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by WayneO »

chuck norris wrote:Apparently we have the quality next year according to this.

http://futsal4all.com/2013/11/brazilian ... ff-futsal/.

Don't think there is all over quality reading the names tbh.. Where do half of them play?

Oh so the coach picks his son
Why so much Hatred in the world?
Make love not war!!