Adelaide Futsal Champions League

This forum is for the discussion of other football topics including Futsal, Indoor Soccer, 7-a-side, Referees and Rules of the Game

Moderator: Forum Admins

pulse
Squad Player
Squad Player

Adelaide Futsal Champions League

Post by pulse »

Just received this email
Adelaide Futsal Champions League (AFCL) Proposal Registration of Interest

Too ALL Teams, Futsal-SA is proposing to form an Adelaide Futsal Champions League to be held at The Gardens, on a large court, on a Friday night.

If your team was to either Win or come Runners-Up at the end of the current competition would you be interested in participating in the proposed AFCL.

It is designed to provide the serious team/player the opportunity to play this great game how it should be, i.e. on a larger court. Obviously those who participate will have to meet a number of criteria, some of these are as follows:

1)​Positions will be initially offered to the Winners and Runners-Up each season from:
• The Parks,
• Magill
• The Gardens
• Ingle Farm – Sunday
• Ingle Farm – Wednesday

2)​Participating teams and players MUST still participate within the existing competitions.

3)​ Only 3 new players i.e. currently not registered are eligible to join a team.

4)​A minimum of 8 players must register for a team with a maximum of 10.

5)​A minimum of 8 players must attend each game.

6)​A Coach is recommended, qualification course can be organised.

7)​Home and away strip must be nominated and warn as appropriate.

8)​Player registration for existing registered players will be $20-00, $45-00 for a new player.

9)​Game fees will be about $80-00 per team at this stage, which equates to about $10-00/player/game this is identical to the current fees per player.

10)​2 – 20 min halves, 5 min half time break.

This competition is designed to be Futsal-SA’s Elite competition.

The plan is to position the competition ultimately as the most prestigious competition here in Adelaide. I had achieved this once before here in Adelaide and it was well received.

To achieve that I am looking to have a 10 team competition played twice a year by those teams who are either winners or runners up as a qualifying process. Obviously if a team wishes not to participate. that’s OK, there is always another team.

If your team is wanting to take the next step as a Futsal Player here’s the opportunity. Let me know (by email), if interested, by registering your teams interest, if you and your team would like the opportunity to play in the AFCL.

"now thats sexy football"

Juventus FC
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: Adelaide Futsal Champions League

Post by Juventus FC »

Sounds like a quality tournament. :roll: How is the BEST futsal SA comp (Campbelltown Leisure Centre) not involved in this if its meant to be the Most Prestigious comp going around. Also what do you get from winning this tournament??
Last edited by Juventus FC on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

pulse
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by pulse »

I was surprised that the Campbelltown was not included but yet the two Parks comps on Wednesday and Sunday are allowed teams. So if Magill still had the Sunday Comp would they have 4 teams from Magill also.

Another factor is most teams are social teams, how can they have a home and away strip? Some teams can't even afford numbers on there lone strip, let alone buy two sets of strips.

"now thats sexy football"

chuck norris
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by chuck norris »

prize money??

dinozoff
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dinozoff »

chuck norris wrote:prize money??
:lol:
Dan Birdwell - You have to play this game like somebody just hit your mother with a two-by-four.

dinozoff
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dinozoff »

First of all, champions league? by getting the top 10 teams together twice a year how is that going to make anything change/different apart from bringing more $$$$ into the till from registration fee's? Why wouldn't you look to find teams that are taking Futsal in sa seriously? What makes a bunch of blokes who get together on a Tuesday night for some fun better candidates to help grow the sport compared to kids/adults that have a genuine interest in the sport and would love to be part of the beginning of a new era of Futsal that broke through the dull/stagnant/closed minded past just because they are marginally better at the sport? To me it just sounds like a poorly slapped together idea to make it look like there is progress.
Dan Birdwell - You have to play this game like somebody just hit your mother with a two-by-four.

GK1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by GK1 »

I think it's a good idea. They would need to add the Campbelltown Competition to it because there are some very good teams that play in that comp and would probably be the most committed to the newly proposed competiton. Hopefully this is an all year round competition.

dinozoff
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dinozoff »

GK1 wrote:I think it's a good idea. They would need to add the Campbelltown Competition to it because there are some very good teams that play in that comp and would probably be the most committed to the newly proposed competiton. Hopefully this is an all year round competition.
It's not hence why it is a stupid idea. look in 3 years time when there is hopefully 10 Futsal CLUBS that play regularly than yes something like this is a good idea but for now it's pointless
To achieve that I am looking to have a 10 team competition played twice a year by those teams who are either winners or runners up as a qualifying process. Obviously if a team wishes not to participate. that’s OK, there is always another team.

GK1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by GK1 »

Gotta start somewhere, maybe an 'elite' comp will encourage better players to play, however looking at the standard of the other competitions I think the term 'elite' gets thrown around way too easily.

If this works out with enough support then there could be a possiblity for a junior competition to be established so that younger players have the opportunity to play all year round.

dinozoff
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dinozoff »

ok why not take those 10 teams and put them into the 1 (proper) season comp and not just play them against each other for a tournament?

GK1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by GK1 »

Fair call, they would have to keep winning their respective comp to keep playing in the 'elite' one.

mattieg1200
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by mattieg1200 »

I think what they mean by twice a year is the first comp runs from january til competition close and the next from July til competiton close... with 10 teams, thats 9 rounds x 2, maybe 18 not sure of format, u would have to ask

Also, if you want to play in the AFCL, you have to keep playing.... and winning.. thats the point! Otherwise wouldnt be a champs league :D

I think its a good idea to get started!
R.I.P Robbo 8th June 2006
R.I.P Konny 1st July 2007

Liverpool-Champions of Europe 2005