How can we improve FUTSAL in South Australia?

This forum is for the discussion of other football topics including Futsal, Indoor Soccer, 7-a-side, Referees and Rules of the Game

Moderator: Forum Admins

glebe
Squad Player
Squad Player

How can we improve FUTSAL in South Australia?

Post by glebe »

What do you think needs to be done to improve the game here or generate more interest ..?

What if.. Futsal SA follows the A-League model when it was first created.. having 8 clubs across the state based on the same model, same fees field teams in each age group to provide a healthy competition and a platform for success. Each club to have a Open Team, U19, U16, U14, U12, U10 and maybe younger. For both men and women.

Then when the nationals come round you have a great talent pool to choose from.. And also kids can start playing and 'learning the game' at a real young age!

Thoughts..?

GK1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: How can we improve FUTSAL in South Australia?

Post by GK1 »

Get a team involved in the F-League. They are keen for an SA team to be involved. Would need to create a club to be involved. F-League games are played in Sydney every few months over weekends where they play 3 or 4 games in 2 days.

Would need a lot of money to be involved with travel costs and club establishment. If Futsal SA and the FFSA are serious they would get on this.

This is a growing national comp that will be a success.

glebe
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by glebe »

A team in the F-League should be something FUTSAL SA strive for..

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

Junior comps all year round, and not just senior ones ...
Spot Željko Jurin Jnr ......

glebe
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by glebe »

Zeljko Jurin wrote:Junior comps all year round, and not just senior ones ...
I like it but will outdoor coaches and clubs?

Guest12
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Guest12 »

glebe wrote:I like it but will outdoor coaches and clubs?
Outdoor coaches, especially junior ones, should look at mid week futsal as a viable alternative to a training session. It allows practice in match situations that require fast decisions & more touches of the ball in smaller spaces. How can this not improve their skills??? Also the games don't get cancelled due to weather.

I don't think that we can look to compete in the F-League until we have an established club state league. To get this off the ground the state football league clubs need to buy into the idea of futsal. Even if the league only runs from September - December, it's more than we have now. Rather than starting with every age, start a SL with junior 10, 12, 14 & use senior players to coach them? The 14s then become 16s the following season, etc. 6 clubs to start?

Bottom line though is that the FFSA & Futsal SA need to support it...

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

As a junior coach I wouldnt consider it as an 'alternative' to an outdoor training session, I would consider it as an 'addition'........ 2 trainings, Futsal game midweek and outdoor game on weekend

Ginger Pele
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Ginger Pele »

Zeljko Jurin wrote:As a junior coach I wouldnt consider it as an 'alternative' to an outdoor training session, I would consider it as an 'addition'........ 2 trainings, Futsal game midweek and outdoor game on weekend
ZJ, I am introducing indoor sessions for my kids very shortly :D

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

We had it for nearly 2 years upstairs, the kids loved it, and so did us coaches, especially if it was our turn to use and it was bucketing outside

I've asked before, there are 3 or 4 senior comps during the winter, but no junior ones...... why not ??

Guest12
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Guest12 »

A competition could be run if there is enough interest & a suitable location sourced. The main issue is that clubs won't allow their players to play futsal because they think that there is a higher risk of injury. Players have been forced to pull out of the state squads because of this.

One option would be for football clubs to run the competition under the Futsal SA banner. Player regos paid to Futsal SA, accreditted referees supplied & clubs can retain any profit.

Once the outdoor season has finished then the clubs can play in a futsal state league which can be scheduled to finish before Christmas to prevent clashes with pre-season training. This would keep their teams playing together over summer.

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

I'm talking about 7-13yos .....

Grassroots, the foundations for any junior player

Ginger Pele
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Ginger Pele »

Zeljko Jurin wrote:We had it for nearly 2 years upstairs, the kids loved it, and so did us coaches, especially if it was our turn to use and it was bucketing outside

I've asked before, there are 3 or 4 senior comps during the winter, but no junior ones...... why not ??
Bit harder for us,we dont have an upstairs :lol:

Raymond
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Raymond »

As I said before, find me a court to use and we will start it.... in the meantime get involved yourselves and not just in the offseason
Too much talk.... and no one wants to do the hard yards..

Viking665
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Viking665 »

Finding Courts isn't that hard! I came down from Sydney over a weekend and found 3 Centres that were prepared to hire courts to us (www.indoor5s.com.au). We've since settled on the John McVeity Centre at Smithfield Plains but expressions of interest seems to favour the seniors at this stage.

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

Raymond wrote:As I said before, find me a court to use and we will start it.... in the meantime get involved yourselves and not just in the offseason
Too much talk.... and no one wants to do the hard yards..
Ray you have courts, but you keep using them for senior comps ....

Raymond
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Raymond »

I dont have any court space available, I tried the John McVeity Centre before and two teams came.
Northern Centres are available from 4-6pm with one court but on the wrong nights.
Friday nights during the winter months doesn't attract teams whether Junior or Senior teams as its too close to the weekend football games.

Find me a good centre with two courts and 3 hours and I will start a Junior competition too!

I know there are a lot of you who would like to see this happen and I'm all for it, but how many of you are ready to assist me in getting it started?

I dont know who you are and you haven't called me to get it going? chatting on forums doesn't get it going!!

Why dont you meet up with me one night and let's chat!!

dinozoff
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dinozoff »

As far as facilities go have you tried to contact schools? A lot of schools have indoor facilities that make st bernards and magill uni look like a tin shed. They most probably would not be available Saturday's or Sundays due to the schools extra corriculum needs but training during the week might be viable for them. Not saying this would work but it may be an avenue you havnt explored.
Dan Birdwell - You have to play this game like somebody just hit your mother with a two-by-four.

Randoman
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Randoman »

Problems with this:

Most indoor school facilities are not designed for the damage that futsal causes (and schools are precious about their facilities).
Court hire is expensive to say the least.
Most are not designed specifically for futsal.
After hours access at schools isnt straight forward (i.e. security)

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

"Most' means that some are then, yeh ??

Randoman
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Randoman »

Yep, and they're being used!

Raymond
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Raymond »

Schools have been contacted, a lot of their courts are not Futsal friendly, some are too small and the ones that are big enough wont hire them out.

I have found a few but they are asking too much as they have to also have security.

still looking!!

Let me know if you have a hall in mind that is suitable.

Gazelle
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Gazelle »

I think for starters, the FFSA should acknowledge or reply to e-mails regarding inquiries to futsal.

Earlier this year I sent an e-mail in to them asking who I could contact to become involved in futsal for this summer season which is about half way through at the moment.

Perhaps having a more competent and active federation may help to solve these problems?

While I'm here I may as well ask who I can contact for the next futsal season... Names, numbers?

I know that selection for state teams are based on competitions at Magill and Campbelltown, however why don't the people in charge branch out to Unley and Immanuel to have a look? - There are some really talented players who are already playing here but are being overlooked.
Gazelle

Raymond
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Raymond »

Unfortunately the Competitions you mentioned are not sanctioned by FFSA or Futsal SA which is the reason why the players in those centres are overlooked. If the organisers affiliate there will be no problem.

Open Competitions currently going are at:

Magill Sports Centre - Tuesday nights
The Gardens Rec Centre - Sunday nights
Ingle Farm Rec Centre - Sunday nights
Campbelltown Rec Centre Saturday afternoons Under 14 - Under 23 and Sundays am Under 9 to Under 13

New Comps starting soon

Magill Sports Centre - Sunday nights (A couple more teams will be good)
Ingle Farm Rec Centre - Wednesday nights (Started with 6 teams but are looking for more teams)
The Gardens Rec Centre - Sunday night (Probably starting December or January depending on the number of teams nominated before Christmas.

Contact Ray for more info
mundu55@hotmail.com
0411-636-590

TOPGUNJIMMYAUFC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by TOPGUNJIMMYAUFC »

for 1.....stop changeing game times when scheduled for....
like today start 1pm an now back to 8pm tonight, fuuuuuck it.
RADIO LALASEMENO
http://www.lalasemeno.gr

this has just changed my life............above link

dont use my name..

What has 100 legs & 4 teeth? The front row of the Collingwood cheer squad

Gazelle
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Gazelle »

So Ray, what would be required of those centres to become affiliated with the FFSA and Futsal SA?

I think the federation should be pushing for all centres and competitions to become apart of Futsal SA and FFSA.

The merging of all centres within the state will obviously give us the best possible teams to compete nationally. We should work together rather than be divided up especially when it comes to national competitions.

There are currently 80 teams competing on Thursday nights in the senior competition and 56 on Sunday. Imagine how competitive the SA teams could be if these 400+ players were incorporated into the selection of state teams!!

How much does it cost per team to play at Magill on Tuesday?
Gazelle